1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Hubert Well-Known Member

And while we're at it: pillow forts! Our old couches had a total of five large cushions, and I would make terrific pillow forts all the time out of them, then collect a bunch of supplies that I would need if I was to stay in there for a while, and then I would stay in there for about a half hour and play with whatever I happened to bring in.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Let's see
    Here's some things I thought of when I was a kid

"Who's that Bearded man next to Kermit ?" (The first time I discoverd Jim Henson when looking at the book for Sleeping Birdy when going to Sesame Street Live)

Looking for Brian Henson when I was visiting an Airport once. Thank God I finally meet him at MuppetFest :)

Bringing and performing my Fisher Price Kermit puppet pretending to be filming a Muppet Movie when being invited to Chuckie Cheeses and performing on the stage making some Chuckie Cheese fan kid super angry. lol embarrassing yet funny memory now.

I called these kids Chinese boy and Chinese girl when I was in first grade and didn't mean to bully or be racist or anything and felt super angry at myself when I realized that they were hurt. Where I got that from, no idea!

I called the wrong number of a friend of mine (who later became my ex-who was mean to me) thinking his family changed their answering machine message by disquise my voice making it deep saying "Hello, there's a bomb in your house, for more info call (my number at the time). An hour later a poor elderly lady called up my mom panicing had the squat team looking around her home. I felt so scared. lol I lied to her on the phone and said it was a friend of mine that did that.
    I've always had a morbid sense of humor as a kid. lol
    Always thought a joke about someone getting hit by a car was so funny. I find it funnier if it's done in cartoon animation. lol
    "I killed the dinosaurs, I ran them over with my truck." _Wiberd Cob from The Ren & Stimpy Show. That just cracked me up, perfect example.

Hmm, trying to find some funny memories of my childhood that aren't tragic. lol

I got one. I was a toddler watching Sesame and my mom is cleaning a rug. Suddenly she locked herself outside for a long time and had to hire some teenager to brake into her window just to unlock to door. The whole time she's thinking "My baby, my poor baby is in there for a long time, I'm so worried." She gets though the door running to me thinking I'm crying, I'm just giggling watching Ernie and Bert on TV. lol Didn't even notice. lol

And probably one of my best stories of all. As a kid, I was so fashionated with Nickelodeon's Aaahh Real Monsters to a point where it's gonna sound crazy. I wanted to marry Ickis and run away from home and go to the city dump, clime inside the washer machine enterence and be his bride. I was like 8 years old. No idea how that came about. lol I told my best friend this a few weeks back and he thought it was crazy but didn't reply to it.

Which reminds me, I got to go get ready for my therapist appointment. lol
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I went through a similar phase when I was six or so, when I figured out the concept of voices and stuff (I had seen Space Jam, and learned that Mel Blanc was dead, which is why all the characters had different voice actors), so for a short while, I faked a different voice, and told people it was because the guy who did my voice died, so someone else was doing my voice now.
    dwmckim and Fragglemuppet like this.
  4. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Snowth, that is so weirdly cool. Very David Lynch!

------------
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I didn't really have the best of hearing in the world as a kid (up until I have my tonsils and hardened earwax build-up removed), so there were a lot of words or phrases that I constantly misheard, some of the ones I can actually remember are:

* "Chicken Box" instead of "Chicken Pox" (there was a chicken pox epidemic in kindergarten, so when our teacher would mention certain kids being out because of it, I'd imagine them lying around in their beds, eating boxes of KFC, lol).
    * "Balanced Check" instead of "Bounced Check" (sounds a lot more positive, doesn't it?)
    * "Marty Mouse" instead of "Mighty Mouse"
    * "Dinky Water" instead of "Drink Of Water"

To name a few.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  6. Hubert Well-Known Member

So does that mean you walked around saying "Can I have a dinky water?" :)
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Pretty much.
  8. mr3urious Well-Known Member

I played store and built a few forts when I was a kid, too. :)
  9. Hubert Well-Known Member

I just thought of something: When I was little, I always admired those little sayings like "Ya snooze, ya lose" or "The early bird catches the worm," stuff like that. So I decided to try to come up with one of my own. So I came up with the phrase "If you're cheap, you beep." My parents didn't get it, so I tried to explain how people beep their car horns if they're mad about people ahead of them, so if you buy stuff for cheap, it already comes with a low level of quality, meaning that when the item doesn't work out, people "beep" about it...

Yeah...I guess I got the part about those sayings having a good meaning, but not about the part that it shouldn't take five minutes to explain the thing to someone about how this means this so this means this...
  10. TheWoodringman Active Member

Oh yeah I used to think I had voice actors (One was named Freddy Murphy.)
    Especially when my voice got deeper I thought the other actor had retired
    So now I had gotten a new voice actor (Not a very good one as I thought at that time.)
    Fragglemuppet and D'Snowth like this.
  11. catherine Active Member

lol hubert, that's a funny tale. I remember once, when I was a kid, we use to stay at my nan's house and we would go walking in the woods. My nan had boxer dogs, when we were little and I always use to think that I was off on an adventure with them, somewhere. We had pillow fights and I use to hear my mum say are ready and of course, we never were ready on time.
    Hubert likes this.
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

Some things I just thought of:

At my church's festival, the area with children's games and activities was called "Children's World." So when I was little, not knowing that I went to this section every year, I thought it was a portal you go through and you go to "Children's World."

One time I heard a Bible passage that used the term "alien." So it was saying, "When an alien comes to your town..." stuff like that, I assumed that meant that aliens were real, and I became really scared. Then I found out that it meant a foreigner, not a literal alien from outer space.

Also, down that same line, when I first heard the Tower of Babel story, when different languages were created on purpose so the people couldn't communicate, I thought that that it was bad to learn other languages.
  13. Bryan M New Member

A helium balloon slipped from my hand when I was a kid. I told my dad it was "okay because superman would get it and return it to me." He told me, "maybe, but he probably has more important things to do tonight." Anyway I waited out side for a few hours that night on the off chance he'd show. My brother said that he'd more than likely kept it because, hey free helium balloon!
  14. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

The house I grew up in is 3 blocks from a Middle School, which is a designated place for voting on election days... one time when I was preschool age, probably, my parents said they were going to go voting and took my younger sister and me with. We sat and waited for them and I was getting so excited, as I thought they said we were going to go boating (which really would have been exciting seeing as we lived in the middle of a decent-sized city that is nowhere near a lake). I was SO disappointed when they came back to get us and said we were going home.
    Vincent Liu and Hubert like this.
  15. catherine Active Member

aww that's just awful.
  16. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Speaking of helium balloons, I used to think run-away helium balloons stay in the sky forever, and maybe one day an airplane will bump into one and crash.
  17. Bryan M New Member

kinda like upsidaisium from Rocky and Bullwinkle. :)
  18. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Another funny thing I remember doing as a kid was picking feathers out of a pillow, thinking I'd find some of Big Bird's feathers. :laugh:
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm pretty at one point as a kid, I wondered why pillows IRL weren't filled with feathers like they were on TV.
  20. mr3urious Well-Known Member

Some of the pillows I still have are filled with feathers.