Sing, sing a song - Songs you love, songs you hate...

dabauckham

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
And I also like Bon Jovi. One of my favorites they sing is "Living on a Prayer"
Isn't everybody in the world a Bon Jovi fan, whether closeted or not? :wink:

I swear, I see more ethnically diverse groups of people all getting down to Mr. BJ than just about any other rock group. :halo: He's also great for Karaoke parties. :sing:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I dislike somewhat Black Eyed Peas. I really hate their song "Don't Funk with my Heart".

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I like their eariler stuff, but I just don't know about them now anynore?:confused:

dabauckham

Reaction score
I think the Black Eyed Peas are a good example of a "Guilty Pop Pleasures" group. I don't think they are the most talented or profoud musicians by any long shot, but I enjoy listening to their music when I'm in the right mood. I don't find their newer stuff to be that much different from the old, unless we're talking about way back before Fergie joined the group. I mean, "Don't Lie" from their most recent album, is a pretty good pop song.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I must be the only one here who enjoys the MuzikMafia. I'm a big fan of Big and Rich, Gretchen Wilson, Jon Nicholson, Damien Horne(Mista D), Max on Sax, Shanna Crooks, etc. I'm also a big fan of TrailerChoir. I also like Old school country and classic rock. I'm talkin the 60's classic rock, you know, when it was good.

Daniel

FraggleRockRock

Reaction score
I think my favorite artists are Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Williams, the Beatles, Phil Balsam, and the Irish Rovers. Mostly, I'm into everything...

except for...

Rap, R&B, reggaeton, or basically anything modern. The dreaded three R's.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
dabauckham said:
Hey, Barry, I think you mean "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)", right? That is a nice song. I have quite a collection of George Harrison music, myself.
Wondeful song, I often listen to it when I need inspiration or support. In his autobiography, George said, "This song is a prayer and personal statement between me, the Lord, and whoever likes it." Thanks, George!

"In My Life" is wonderful too, much deeper than your standard pop single.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Another George song that I love is "All Things Must Pass." Though I have to say I prefer the stripped down acoustic demo version on Beatles Anthology 3. Some of that Phil Spector "wall of sound" stuff from the 60s and 70s was a bit much for me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I like both versions but sometimes those big production treatments are unneccesary. All Things Must Pass is so reassuring. I love that he wrote so many songs for when you're down and hopeless. He seemed to understand how that felt, and what needed to be heard to feel better.

Another George song I love is "Beware of Darkness." A line I often use as a signature is "Beware of saddness, it can hit you, it can hurt you, make you sore and what is more, that is not what you're here for." It's very true, we get sucked into saddness so easily. We don't realize how damaging it is to ourselves.