Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score

Mokey 'n' Boober: Drawn just for the heck of it. I don't consider myself a 'shipper, but I think these two are so cute together. On FR the two can get very 'huggy', often because Boober needs some reassurance and Mokey is all too happy to comfort him. Age them forward a few years, and...well, even paranoid curmudgeons deserve a little affection.

Tough Fraggles: They asked me to contribute something to the festivities, and I did. They have a gallery full of 10th anniversary gift are, some of which is just amazing. I want the pic of Miss Piggy as Rosie the Riveter on a T-shirt.

(Dumb-hat-for-Gobo alert: paper party hat. Looks like Red's started getting competitive in the headgear department.)

Also, the 38th issue of Oziana, the literary fanzine for The International Wizard of Oz Club, was just published, and I illustrated some of the stories. Yay me.

Slackbot

Reaction score

Mudslide: an illustration for Sidebottom Butts In, an Animated Fraggle Rock fanfic I wrote a few months ago. The mudslide scene was such fun to write, but I've held off illustrating it because... well, that ain't mud.

If those guys had any sense they'd keep their mouths close tight until they reached the bottom.

Slackbot

Reaction score

Fraggle Snuggles: Inspired by the flop-out at the end of Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water. The mental image of them all conked out together like a pile of puppies was too cute, so here 'tis.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I just came back from Dragon*Con. Did you miss me? (pause) I should know better than to ask questions like that.

Anyhow, I took my trusty sketchbook and no reference material with me, and the more-than-two-hour-long wait in the pre-registered badge line inspired the following. Did I mention that I didn't have any reference material, and also that I'd never tried to draw Traveling Matt before? Hence the completely botched costume in Traveling Matt at Dragon Con.

Dear Nephew Gobo,
Today I attended an annual festival of the Silly Creatures. It consists of standing in a slowly-moving line for hours and chanting under one's breath. It is a magnificent demonstration of dedication and endurance, and I felt quite enlightened by the time I reached the line's destination. There I received a wonderful gift: a shiny, flexible object which entitles one to participate in further line-standing. I look forward to continued investigation of this mysterious and rewarding event.
Love,
Your Uncle Traveling Matt

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, so I guess Matt met with the requirement of the almighty "You Must Be This Tall" signpost? :cluck:

Slackbot

Reaction score
No height requirement for Dragon*Con. There were people of all sizes there, including babies in costumes. I guess they figured he was just another disguised toddler.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, he looks a bit old for a toddler. Maybe he was in costume as a Knoaki-Jiji from Japanese myth? Too bad I've already got him down as Haunter (the British game hunter ghost) from Filmation's Ghostbusters in my monster roster.

BTW: Thanks for sharing your art with us.