Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
I would have cast him as Sakurambo (Cherry) from Urusei Yatsura (Lum, AKA Those Annoying Aliens) but I think people believed it was just a very good Fraggle costume.

And glad you're liking this stuff. I didn't think anyone was reading this thread anymore.

Slackbot

Reaction score

Study Date: Ah yes, the heart-pounding excitement of study. Well, Scooter's studying; the Fraggle is doing some work-related web research. Rated PG-13 for full pedal nudity.

I doodled this in my sketchbook while waiting for a panel at Dragon*Con. No reference material was on hand, hence the minimalistic props and scenery.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I saw "Henson's Place" at the Center for Puppetry Arts today. I have it on DVD, but I wanted to go with some friends, and there was something irresistible about seeing a Henson documentary with other hardcore Muppet fans.

I arrived early and spent some time in the museum with my sketchbook, and this is the result:

Still Life: Big Bird

There was a lot of awesomeness there that evening. The audience spontaneously clapping along with the Fraggle Rock theme and singing along with the end of The Muppet Movie. What really made my evening, however, was one family I chatted with for at least a half hour. The parents were Muppet fans, and the two boys, ages approximately 6 and 9, were total aficionados. The older boy matched me for trivia, was a member of the Puppeteers of America, and had brought along a puppet he made himself...an excellent replica of Wontkins. Wontkins, for heaven's sake! He eagerly talked about fabrics and sewing techniques, and knew about the Henson Stitch, as he'd watched the same demonstration video I'd seen. I hope that kid sticks with it, as he's got a whole lot of talent.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I haven't been drawing much lately. Been tired and unmotivated. But today I had some slack time and tried a little experiment:

Just a quick pic of a Fraggle on the Run. It turned out interestingly ambiguous, as you can't tell--or at least it's not obvious to me--who this is without color. I'll Photoshop it up when I have the time and energy.

Slackbot

Reaction score

A illustratification for Happy Birthday. Quickly drawn with a Sharpie on a lazy, rainy afternoon and Photoshopped up while listening to the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack.