1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Ooo, that might look interesting.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Mewwy Cwistmas, little Fraggles! Or whatever Gorgs celebrate in the Winter. Junior Gorg gives the Fraggles a surprise. The big goof's heart is in the right place, though you'd have a hard time convincing Boober of that. This scene might take place soon after Trials and Tintinnabulations, or it might be just any winter day Junior realizes how hungwy the little Fwaggles must get when there's nothing growing in the garden.

Originally this was just going to be a B&W doodle. Then I decided to flat the colors in, and it looked naked without shading. Hey, I live alone--there are worse ways to spend Christmas than spending a few hours drawing vegetables and psychedelic rodents.

Drawn without reference material, and Wembley's still having a bad hair day.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oh that's so cute. I love everyone's reaction to it (especially Red and Boober)

As for Wembley's hair, have you tried drawing it by just starting with a strand or two instead of trying to draw a full amount (if that makes sense)?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Slackbot

Heh, thanks. Boober's going to have to do another load of laundry after seeing that snowman.

Re Wembley's hair, Drawing it strand by strand would work if the inks were in color, but as it is it would make him a brunet. People would wonder if Convincing John had persuaded him to dye his hair. (Which couldn't be much worse than washing it in Elmer's glue, which is what it looks like he's doing now.)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Ah, I see, that makes sense. In the picture his hair spans between both of his earmuffs. Just using that as a reference, have you tried simply just drawing his hair over a smaller amount of space? So for example, in this picture, his hair would have a few inches of space between it and his muffs?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Slackbot

Er, I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean.

Really, the problem I'm having is not its shape so much as its texture. For some reason, it wants to come out raggedy rather than fluffy. I think I just need to figure out how to draw fluff that stands out rather than curving down.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Slackbot

'Nother couple of pics:

Bubble Bath Boober: Fraggle Rock's resident laundrophile, knows how to live it up. Warning: underneath those suds, he is absolutely naked. Are you not appalled?

Fraggle Doodles: A page full of my playing around on paper. Some thumbnails for illos for Trials and Tintinnabulations and upcoming chapters of Masks, some inspirational doodles, and plenty of random Fraggle silliness.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

The doodles are nice. It's cool to see things before they're fully fleshed out. I don't know if it's his smile or something else but quite honestly Bubble Bath Boober creeps me out a little. But I don't know why though.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Slackbot

*laughs* Creepy? Well, this might be the Boober from "Fraggles Look for Jobs." Or it could be Sidebottom in a less frenetic moment.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Slackbot

The Wrath of Skeeter: Skeeter be trippin' over something her bro said. For an upcoming chapter of Masks.

Dang, it's hard to draw Scooter. You'd think I'd be used to drawing noseless creatures with weird hair and stuck-on eyeballs by now.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit

Lol, I like everyone's expressions in that one. I also like your comment on noseless creatures with epic hair. That's an interesting take on Skeeter, she lookes like...well actually I'm not sure but not what I was expecting her to look like. It's a great picture.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Slackbot

I can't take credit for Skeeter. That's how Amy Mebberson drew her in the "Family Reunion" arc of the TMS comic, and it looks perfect, so in my mind that's how she looks grown up.

Gotta love epic red dreads! Janken may have thought he had a nice 'do, but he has clearly been outdone.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Aww, I love it! :coy:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Slackbot

GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Ooooh, there's a story behind that one (or could be at any rate):excited: Nice.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Slackbot

*laughs* I do have some ideas, yessss. But I'm also open to suggestions.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Well it depends on how long you want the story to be. It could go anywhere from a short piece in which Boober learns how to lighten up (the hard way I might add) or how Red gets a point in the prank war. Or a long piece where his and Red's friendship is nearly destroyed. Or anything in the middle there, those were justy the first to things that came to mind.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. Slackbot

You're actually pretty close to something I already had in mind with the prank war. Imagine the gang going to the Messin' Around Cave for a day, getting into various goofy games which Boober would rather watch from the sidelines ("You go on, I'll keep score." "You know we don't care about scores! C'mon!") except he keeps getting sucked into them somehow. Maybe he even has fun toward the end.

I had this notion while writing "Trials and Tintinnabulations," which was pretty heavy, so I was considering ways to lighten the heck up. My first thought was to have it take place the following spring, and include Janken, Sage, and Poncle, so I could work on the dynamics of that family.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit

That might be fun, show them how to get old Uncle Boober to show interest.

"You go on, I'll keep score. We don't care about score" luv that.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Slackbot

Boober's only uncle to two of 'em. ;)
    GopherCoffee likes this.