Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh heh. I wanted to see if I could draw Boober with eyes and still have him look like himself.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
He looks really familiar with eyes, like I've seen a character similar to him before, but I can't put my finger on it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I poked my head in here at about two in the morning when I was trying to revive my brain to finish a lousy paper and looked at all the pretty pictures. So today, while I'm trying to revive my brain to START yet another lousy paper (last one of the semester!) I thought I'd poke my head in again to tell you that these pictures are awesome.

And... that you have an amazing Fraggle-drawing talent. I doodled some Fraggles in a few of my classes this semester... And, well... Let's just say there's a whole page of my notes that's rather... scary. My Red looks like a cheap robot, my Mokey looks possessed, and my Boober looks more like his Jewish cousin. Granted, there's some improvement in later pages... but YOUR Fraggles are just lovely.

Thought I'd share.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thank you! Heh, Fraggles are a lot of fun to draw. I've been illustrating Oz stories, which requires a pretty tight, realistic style, and after that it's fun to loosen up with the Fraggles. I'm also finding some interesting challenges, such as how to show Boober & Sidebottom's expressions. Normally I try to work subtleties of expression into eyes; in their case I have to focus on body language.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you like my Fraggles! Fraggles are fun to draw and write for.

Fraglings: The formerly-nameless Fraggle kids, who are now called Sage and Poncle. Hopefully the alert viewer will be able to guess at their parentage. Heh heh. These ankle-biters will appear in "Trials and Tintinnabulations," AKA the story formerly known as "The Plague Fraggles."

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh wow, I love the contrast in costume design on those two. And I love the postures. Sidebottom is a great character but sometimes he drives me crazy when he gets into a nothing but play mood. But I like it when he gets into his more genuine, caring characteristics. The positions of the characters in this drawing convey what's going on in a great way.

Are sage and Oncle related to Boober and Gobo, respectively in anyway?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sidebottom is a great character but sometimes he drives me crazy when he gets into a nothing but play mood. But I like it when he gets into his more genuine, caring characteristics. The positions of the characters in this drawing convey what's going on in a great way.
Thanks! I normally concentrate on facial expressions, but I can't do that with these two. And, yeah, Sidebottom can be a bit of a brat, but he does have a valuable purpose: to give Boober a swift kick when he starts getting too repressed. :coy:

Gonzo's Hobbit said:
Are Sage and Poncle related to Boober and Gobo, respectively in anyway?
Yyyyyyep. :smirk:

ilovemusic

Reaction score
THIS! IS! TOO! AMAZING!
Wow man, how can you draw like that! It´s great and very, very, very nice!
Love the one with the fraggle kids!:excited: