Smokers on the forum

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Alot of girls I know smoke, and I keep telling them that it's so bad for you. I don't smoke, they're just cancer sticks.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I also only smoked a ciggy one time. At age 16. A few friends at high school who smoked outside the gym wanted me to try it. After inhaling some puffs for a minute or two I became very lightheaded from not being used to the nicotine. And that was it. :smile:
I know it's gotta be a hard thing for people to quit. But is indeed great if you can. My mother's an RN and she's always mentioning about the numerous ways she's seen smoking ravage a person's health. It does seem like every time you turn on the news there's yet another health problem that smoking causes. Lung cancer hardly being the only one, but probably the most deadly, of course.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My dad smokes behind my mom's back, but she knows it.

Censored

Reaction score
I grew up in a family of smokers, but I've never smoked cigarettes. I do occasionally smoke cigars, but it's very rare and I think that whatever pleasure I've gotten out of them is starting to dwindle.

Speaking of smoking, does anyone remember the catchy anti-smoking song that used to come on TV in the 70's?

"We want to alert you...

That smoking can hurt you...

So, mind very much if they smoke."

That's one version of the lyrics anyway, there were some others. There were also some very humorous commercials that went with the song, like a guy at a water park with a cigarette and a dolphin jumping out of the water, grabbing it from him with its teeth, and putting it out in the water. (Live action, not a cartoon). There was also this other commercial where a bunch of guys were getting ready to play cards and one fellow says, "Do you mind if I smoke?" Everyone gives the stock answer of "no", but then the camera flashes on each man and they suddenly have gas masks, oxygen tents, etc. The smoker says, "C'mon, guys, what's the gag?" And one replies, "Well, really we do mind if you smoke."

I don't know why they don't rerun these commercial on TV today; they'd be just as relevant now, if not more so.

Beebers

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
So are you going to stay, Beebers? I really miss you, you were alot of fun.

Nice of you to say that. I'll likely just look in now and again, that's all. Pretty busy these days. Stay cool, everybody. And never smoke lol.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I don't smoke, I have no problem with smokers though. When it comes down to it if people want to do whatever then it's up to them. I wouldn't do it myself, though

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've only ever smoked after accidentally playing with matches and kerosene (don't try that at home--or anywhere else for that matter).

Nope to cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol.

Although, as an adult, I have had wine and champagne with fancy meals, but it takes me a LONG time to get through the one glass. Once, though, I did have someone slip me a little more something into a drink they'd got for me at a party--ugh. You know what? I don't like not being able to use all my facilities, and since then I don't recall ever having even had a buzz on anything.

My suggestion: Stop before you start on anything. You'll be better for it; also, if you can keep from giving into peer pressure, you'll earn more respect from your friends than if you give in and do what they do--I got teased because I wouldn't smoke or drink with them years ago, now those with drinking and respiratory problems respect me (and even when they teased me they still said I was a stronger person than they were).

Lead by example--never follow!

MGov

Reaction score
I only ever get the urge to smoke when I'm out drinking with smokers. Never got addicted to it. I'm bad at inhaling the smoke deeply. According to smokers, that's what I'm doing wrong.

California is a no smoking in public places state.