Snuffy and Big Bird

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
The alleged "Phil Donahue"

Well he wasn't in the episode's script, anyway...they have the transcript of it in "SS Unpaved". Maybe it was in a later scene or another episode? :confused:

That seems a bit weird, though...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree with most of the posts here. I remember watching the show as a kid in the 80s and I pretty much remember Snuffy being "imaginary." I also remember Mr. Hooper, but I'm wondering if maybe I should get a copy of "Unpaved." I'd like to see what things were like on the show in the 60s and 70s.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
And if you love Kakoman Teriyaki, you'll love new Kakoman Horseraddish! All the flavor you love, at a price you'll love even more!

-Matt

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
By the way, I got all this info from the book "SS Unpaved", and you should really get it---lotsa great classic memories in it, and it's so colorful and fun! Heck, I wrote an Epinion on the thing, maybe you saw it! LOL!

Hope I was able to give ya some more info, Erin and ngirl23. :smile:
Yup, I remember that review! In fact I went out and bought it for my brother a couple years back. Went and took another look at the book yesterday. Sure enough, there was the saga of Snuffy and Big Bird. :smile: It's really cool to be able look back at those crucial episodes, since I can barely remember some and others were before my time entirely. Thanks again!
Erin

Natalie

Reaction score
Ok, I've never heard of this book, is it just at normal book stores or do you have to order it online or what?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
Ok, I've never heard of this book, is it just at normal book stores or do you have to order it online or what?
I found a copy at Barnes and Noble, though it was the last one in stock. You might try there.
Erin

Joggy

Reaction score
In Snuffy and Big Bird's first scene (1971 season premiere), Snuffy just appeared behind Big Bird's back while Big Bird was looking for a way to water his flowers. Snuffy sprayed water out of his trunk.

Big Bird: "Whoa! Who are you?"
Snuffy: "Uhm... oh yes, I am a Snuffleupagus."
Big Bird: "Oh, you never see those around much anymore... I've never even seen one anyway!"

Natalie

Reaction score
Weird! Those were their first words to eachother? And thanks Erin, I'll try there and at the other book stores in town.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i was always bugged by this adults not seeing Snuffy. even with the kids seeing him didn't make the grown ups believe he was real. never understood this. sometimes it could be funny like once Luis had a scale and Snuffy tried to wiegh himself and broke it. luis came out and was mad woth Big Bird. can't rememebr exactly what was said. but saying Mr. Snuffle Upaguss did it. yeah right. it's interesting how they wrote into the script Big Bird saying, i've been waiting for years for this. probably realizing there were those older kids that were still watching. in a way Snuffy was to blame because he kept leaving Big Bird's nest and it bothered me that he didn't apologize for his cowardlyness to BB and his friends.