So cold. So very, very cold...

Jane

Reaction score
No sun for a month?

I would go insane without it, I really would!!

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jane
No sun for a month?

I would go insane without it, I really would!!
You probably don't want to visit Scotland, then...

:wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooh. Scotland. The other day, I was talking to my friend, he's going to colege. He has to go out and wait for the bus at an open bus stop. Well, needless to say, when you've been standing outside in 4 degree weather for twenty minutes at a time, 22 degrees is a heatwave! I am inclined to agree! There have been days when it's soooooooooo coooold (anywhere from 2-8 degrees) and then we get a beautiful day like this where it's 20 outside! Beautiful!:smile:

I would love to go to Scotland. I couldn't imagine living in a state where it didn't snow!

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I would love to go to Scotland. I couldn't imagine living in a state where it didn't snow!
You're welcome to it! It took me 20 minutes to get the ice off my windscreen on Monday :frown:

Edinburgh's normally pretty warm (for the UK!), it doesn't often drop below freezing ('cept in April, if it snows). Max temp in our statutory week of summer (usually in late July) is about 35C, and it lasts a few hours...

Of course, if you really need to warm yourself up, there's always the traditional Scottish method...whisky! :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ha ha! Of course! Whiskey!

By the way, the temperatures I listed were ferenheidt (or however you spell it) Not celsius. Very cold. Very, very cold. At night, it can reach around ten, maybe fifteen below. Brrrr!

Zack oughta know what I'm talking about, depending on which part of the state he lives in. NY? During the winter? Not good for Mupeptfest. Summer? Yes! We want Mupeptfest in New York! If it ever comes.:frown:

BTW, which brand of whiskey? Not that I'm... ahem... wondering for myself... ahem.:wink:

anathema

Reaction score
Fahrenheit :smile:

And it's 'whisky', not 'whiskey' :stick_out_tongue: Or you can call it 'Scotch'...

As for brand, I've no idea - I can't stand the stuff myself! The closest I'll come to drinking whisky is Drambuie, which is great stuff for removing the back of one's throat. Avoid Laphroiag, though, as it's lethal...

And I'm in favour of a UK MuppetFest!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, whatever!:big_grin:

Actually, I wasn't being serious. I can't stand alcohol. Besides, too young.

As for a UK Muppetfest, maybe, but I'd never be able to afford to go!

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
As for a UK Muppetfest, maybe, but I'd never be able to afford to go!
And I can't justify the cost of going to one in the US :stick_out_tongue: Maybe they could move around - visit a different country each time? That way, fans from around the world who otherwise couldn't afford it would be able to get to one. :smile:

PS. The Drambuie is for medicinal purposes - it's an excellent way of cleaning the germs off the back of the throat when you've got an infection or a cough :big_grin:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Well, I'm an alcoholic myself.

But anyway, everyone should live in kwazy Kanada... er, I mean Canada. Specifically, Ontario-eeoo-eeooo. Cuz the weather here is KEH-RAZY! Like yesterday's weather couldn't make up its mind. First it was overcast, then there was a huge blizzard, then rain, then sun. But it's been pretty 'warm' here for the last week... of course that's my Canadian interpretation of warm. Basically it's been - 7 Celcius as opposed to - 25 Celcius that it was last week. And we're all wearing our shorts! Whoo! HEAT WAVE!

^_^ Debo

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Canada rocks, eh. :big_grin:

I like Canada. Canada's fun. Where else in the world is Looney Tunes both a cartoon and legal tender?

I was up in Niagra Falls on time (on the Canadian side) and went to a restaurant. For some reason, their sign had a cartoon squirrel on it. Anywho, my brother got an official RCMP Burger. (RCMP: Royal Canadian Mounted Police) That was interesting. I bet if you came to New York, there wouldn't be a place around that would sell a State Trooper Burger. Not only does it sound stupid, but it would be rather chewy.:wink:

I like Canada.

P.S. Is the RCMP burger mad out of real Mounties?