So cold. So very, very cold...

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
P.S. Is the RCMP burger mad out of real Mounties?
A question in the same vein as "Are your Girl Scout cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"...

:big_grin:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Canada rocks, eh. :big_grin:

I like Canada. Canada's fun. Where else in the world is Looney Tunes both a cartoon and legal tender?

I was up in Niagra Falls on time (on the Canadian side) and went to a restaurant. For some reason, their sign had a cartoon squirrel on it. Anywho, my brother got an official RCMP Burger. (RCMP: Royal Canadian Mounted Police) That was interesting. I bet if you came to New York, there wouldn't be a place around that would sell a State Trooper Burger. Not only does it sound stupid, but it would be rather chewy.:wink:

I like Canada.

P.S. Is the RCMP burger mad out of real Mounties?
Weird... I just recently moved to the Niagra region for school. And lemme tell you, it's fun for tourists but boring for ze locals.

As for your question, no the RCMP burger is not made out of real Mounties... real Mounties are made out of RCMP burgers.

^_^ Debo

electricmayhem

Reaction score
SUN!! There's sun today!! Granted it's still about 5 degrees but it's so much more bareable with sun!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There's sun everyday, mayhem!:big_grin:

5 degrees? Heat wave!

Atually, it's gone up to 29. Wow!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
rub it in...rub it in...:smile: just kidding, but seriously, I don't think I've seen the sun for a month! It's been very dreary and cold here. We've had occasional snow but not pretty, happy snow. It's been sludgy yucky snow.
Could not agree more. I hate New England weather. First we had that annoying cold snap ( 10 degrees with a pleasant -15 wind chill.) I mean, it was a SIBERIAN Cold front! It's like a one in a million shot any weather could get from Siberia to here. Siberia! Where Stalin snet his enemies to die!

Now we have that slushy, awful junk snow that electricmayhem is talkin' bout! I mean, it's always warm enough for it to mix with rain, and slush itself, but not too warm that it actually melts. No... of course not! It's cold enough for it to melt slightly, then turn back into ice. We still have snow mounds here from freaking Christmas storms. No lie!

I hate winter.

Lu775

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
Weird... I just recently moved to the Niagra region for school. And lemme tell you, it's fun for tourists but boring for ze locals.
^_^ Debo

Hey, you've got the ice wine fest in the winter, and Shaw festival in the summer. That gives ya something to do for a couple of days... right? :smile:

anathema,
I've been to Edinburgh and it was Awesome!! Except, I went in December, and it was pretty darn cold. Wandered the Royal Mile, and celebrated a wild Christmas eve out with friends.
(Then I took a job at a small hotel in Selkirk, and it really, really sucked. But that's another story)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's so cold here, the Snowmen are coming in to warm up!!

It's so cold outside that Jack Frost has FROST BITE!! HAA!

It's so cold outside that Polar Bears are going to Antarctica to take part in their heat-wave.

It's so cold here that the penguins are exchanging their tuxedos for furs (much to the dismay of the seals, who are resorting to the warmth of tuxedos).

WOCKA WOCKA!
FOZ

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lu775
Hey, you've got the ice wine fest in the winter, and Shaw festival in the summer. That gives ya something to do for a couple of days... right? :smile:
Well being 19 the ice wind fest is nice, but Shaw? No, no, no. I don't think so. I mean I love live theatre, I do, but have you ever been to Shaw? Obviously the plays they choose to do have to do with the fact that it's the SHAW festival, and a majority of them are pretty boring. I much prefer Stratford.

But Niagra on the Lake is very pretty. ^^

^_^ Debo

Lu775

Reaction score
Rock on! Debo, I totally agree with you. I've been to Shaw just once to see, "You can't take it with you".
But I've been to Stratford every summer since I was 6. I love it there. (and I've already got my tickets for this years shows!)

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Whoo! Which plays? I'm thinking of seeing Anthony and Cleopatra. And there were a couple more there I wanted to see, but I can't think of them right now... and I've got the booklet somewhere. My mom also got tickets to see Gigi, but I'm not going to see it cuz... it's Gigi... really not my thing.

^_^ Debo