So I just got asked to make puppets for a commerical...

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Uhhh. yah....

This is weird.

It's a commercial for the Phoenix Coyotes (hockey) starring Wayne Gretzky. Apparently he's some sort of hockey guy or something. They have one puppet made, but forgot about 2 others and need them by Monday! (EEP!)

I can do it...I want to do it...I'm just uhh...WOW..I'm going to make puppets for a commercial starring Wayne Gretzky.....Neat!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Very cool, staceyrebecca! You can't get more "hockey" than Wayne Gretzky!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
"Apparently he's some sort of hockey guy or something."

Funny comment which either displays some kind of modesty / humor, or lack of knowledge regarding hockey. (I'm not a big fan of hockey either, but Wayne is THE man in the hockey world.) Regardless, it made me laugh.

Either way, best of luck!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
hehe

I almost had to have it explained to me which sport he played, but since I was making puppets for a hockey commerical, I figured it out on my own. *sigh* Yah, I'm not exactly into sports.

I also found out that I might be an extra puppeteer in the shoot as well.

Do I say to him, "hello Wayne, I though you were a football player" Or, "Hi Mr. Gretzky, Look at this puppet. I totally made it!"

So I made a red puppet as requested by the guy at the production company and when I was almost finished, the guy at the ad agency asked me to change it to lime green. So..yah, i think I'll go make some puppets.

Java

Reaction score
I like him, he's very fun looking.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Wow, thanks guys!

They're supposed to be goofy-looking fans who are auditioning to be on the team. They're supposed try to make mean game faces and end up looking terribly silly instead.

I'm finishing up the arms on the 2nd puppet right now, which is the last thing to do. Looks like I'll more than meet my deadline.

I'm hoping I can get up with dawn's early light and get some good pictures of the 2nd guy. He's not a monster, but I still love him.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Heh, the premise of the spot sounds hilarious!:smile: Again, congratulations! Sounds like a lot of fun!:big_grin:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Totally adorable puppets. Congrats on the gig, no wonder they hired you! I love the green monster's mismatched eyes.:big_grin:

And about Wayne Gretzky, I could tell by your first post that you're neither:

a) a hockey fan, or

b) Canadian

Because if you were even just one you would know his life story. **giggles** He's kind of a big deal, but he's very soft-spoken and modest whenever you see him on TV, so I'm sure if/when you meet him you will have a grand ol' time. Good luck! **hugs**