So I just got asked to make puppets for a commerical...

RockerRob

Reaction score
Yeah, the NHL doesn't like to make baby sized shirts. I guess they want our puppets to be naked. They didn't count on logo stealing!

I had a back and forth with Build a Bear workshop because they have about 1/3 of the teams jerseys for bears, but that's it. The closest thing they have in the west to Arizona and California is Colorado. They didn't act like they were going to add anymore soon. Luckily for me, the Ducks won the cup last season, so I got the build a bear T-shirt that commemorates that. I will just have to make my own jersey sometime soon. Yeah, I love build a bear for my smaller puppets, but you can't go in there looking for exactly what you want.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I hope you can try to post this on you tube. That would be awsome! :smile: :smile: :smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I use build-a-bear a lot for my smaller puppets, too. They had a lot of Diamondbacks things for puppets, but these guys were all too big for that anyway. They're about 23" tall, so a 6-9 month onesie had to fill in.

And yes, just as soon as I get a copy of it, I'll be posting it *somewhere* and I'll surely link you guys to it.

Keeping in mind that my puppets will only be in it for about 3 seconds or so. Another workshop in LA made the main puppet. Lucky for me, they forgot about some others they needed and had to call someone local (Thank you Don Kruszka!).

This really was just a once-in-my-lifetime thing, but I'll accept it gladly!

RockerRob

Reaction score
Even if your puppets are in it for just a few seconds, that is 1) great for you! and 2) awesome that they have a "main puppet" for a puppet comercial! The more puppets being used in everyday things, the more people see their potential for more than just kids' stuff. Then we will be needed more and more and more and more... and more.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
You should try it in the Same standards Jim Henson Use for his Commercials. That would be worth seeing.:smile: :smile: :smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on that Kuriboh Man? I have a cold and I'm a little slow on the uptake, so I might not be fully understanding what you mean.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Let me put this in the following way...

try using some violence (Not too much but more along the line of getting hit on the head or getting beaten up by a bat), and some explosions. I'm sure that's how Henson Did it back in the 50's and 60's. have at least two puppet characters who would support the commercial. one who loves hockey and one who hates hockey (Like that of Wilkins Coffee). I'm sorry if i'm Confusing you.:frown:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Oh, the script was written by the ad agency. That's usually how it works nowadays. I got to read it, it was pretty darn funny. Hopefully they'll continue with the campaign the whole season and my puppets can get some more air-time down the road.

Does anyone know when hockey season officially begins?

RockerRob

Reaction score
The NHL (hockey) 2007-2008 season offically started today with the season opener between the Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings at the O2 center in London. Yeah, London... this is a gimmick put on by the NHL's brilliant marketing staff. There is another game there tomorrow again with the Ducks vs. the Kings.

The Phoenix Cyotes kick off their season tonight in Colorado against the Avalanche.

This has been your public Hockey announcement.