So is Tina Fey Trying to Ditch Her Glasses?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lol, true. I don't know I'm not entirely sold on lasik. I mean it's great in theory but I've heard too many stories of it not lasting. And in general, I'm against potentionally risky procedures that are purely elective.
And they poke at your eyes! eeeek! :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyway, long story short, I find glasses cumbersome and they create an unneeded veneer that removes me from the world.
You make it sound like they're a mask that hides your identity.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I honestly think I look better with my glasses. But, it could just be because I'm used to wearing them. Oddly, I didnt need them until 8th grade. I say oddly because both of my parents wear glasses, my dad being legally blind without them. I would have expected to need them sooner.

I'm also one of those people who could never wear contacts. Heck, its a fight to get anything even near my eyes (You should see the method that the optometrist uses just to get eye drops in my eyes). While I hate make up in general, mascara is the worst. Again, eye thing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm also one of those people who could never wear contacts. Heck, its a fight to get anything even near my eyes (You should see the method that the optometrist uses just to get eye drops in my eyes). While I hate make up in general, mascara is the worst. Again, eye thing.
Oh yeah my eye doctor is quite sick of me at this point, lol. So was the makeup person in my High School play who struggled to help me get mascara and eye liner on every night, lol.

I'd still like to try contacts again, but will have to wait awhile for financial conditions to improve, hehe.

And to clarify, I'm not saying glasses should be banned from society or anything. I think a lot of people look great in them and they do add some personality. Not to mention they allow people to still enjoy books in their old age. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You make it sound like they're a mask that hides your identity.
Hehe. Nah, I wish! People could still recognize me a mile away with my back turned and wearing a wig. Some people have that aura.

I admit to being a little O.C.D. about some things. I mean, go for a good run or get on a treadmill in glasses and unless you have some sort of sports contraption they'll keep sliding off with the sweat, or better yet cause blemishes from rubbing the perspiration back into your skin.

I like being "ready" just like Spongebob. I lay out my clothes before bed, I always have a twenty spot in my wallet just in case and I'm always ready to sprint for my life in my rather rough neighborhood.

Now, I will admit to wearing glasses for some interviews. They make me look more mature. I'm a 37 year old who still seems early 20-something and glasses lend a little bit of visual gravity to me. I just keep wanting to rip them off my face like some alien face hugger even though my frames are well-fitted, light and airy.

My ex (and still friend) can't wear contacts and glasses really work for him, but he goes without them a lot of times these days for vanity's sake. Makes me worry for his safety. I admit that initially my contact lenses were the result of an 11 year old's vanity, but now it's about comfort. I like not seeing the frame edges every time I look left and right. If you don't mind that then go for it. Frames look distinguished on many people. I just don't blame anyone for sticking them in a drawer either.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe. Nah, I wish! People could still recognize me a mile away with my back turned and wearing a wig. Some people have that aura.
Drew Carey took his glasses off once on Who's Line and for two seconds I wasn't sure who it was, lol.

I admit to being a little O.C.D. about some things.
I'm an OCD and the glasses are definitely a frequent trigger. :coy:

My ex (and still friend) can't wear contacts and glasses really work for him, but he goes without them a lot of times these days for vanity's sake. Makes me worry for his safety.
I hope he's not driving! :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drew Carey took his glasses off once on Who's Line and for two seconds I wasn't sure who it was, lol.
Yeah, he doesn't need them anymore. He had the surgery, but people won't accept him without the frames!

I'm an OCD and the glasses are definitely a frequent trigger. :coy:
Tell me about it. I find them cumbersome, but sometimes I have to wear them and give my eyes a rest. Blind without my prescription. My whole body just moves so much that glasses are just not practical.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, he doesn't need them anymore. He had the surgery, but people won't accept him without the frames!
Lol, yeah that's a good example of glasses enhancing character and personality.

Blind without my prescription.
Oh people won't believe me when I tell them how blind I am, lol. When I was a little kid my vision was perfect and I used to taunt my parents when I could read things they couldn't. Then of course Karma came along and my vision started to blur around 9 years old, lol.