So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSLFan

Reaction score

Even though it's just the alphabet, I love when they do group songs with all the core Muppet characters together.

ROFL. I love what the writers have been doing with Cookie Monster lately. This clip is so funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm wondering if that Cookie Monster song is going to be used on the show. Share it Maybe wasn't (really should have been).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to air on the show (It seems to be spoofing a more current song, like Share it Maybe did. Frankly, I've never even heard the song its spoofing).

The Alphabet Song is delightful with all the characters it crams in. Sons of Poetry was great, especially the ending. Mando's song is very classic-feeling. And Cookie's Crumby Pictures looks awesome! I can't stop listening to the Waiting Game song, though I really don't like them using "plate" as a rhyme twice (it seems lazy when they change the rhyme for the other verses. "Great" would've worked perfectly otherwise).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to air on the show (It seems to be spoofing a more current song, like Share it Maybe did. Frankly, I've never even heard the song its spoofing).
You mean "I Love It Parenthesis I don't Care Closed Parenthesis?" You must not watch a lot of TV. I hear that blasted song every single commercial break, either as a network promo or a shampoo commercial. Even heard it as one of the ghastly songs on a Kid's Bop commercial.

Pretty lousy song. Cookie completely improved on it.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
You haven't watched them yet?? No wonder I didn't see any comments from you!! So, are you afraid that if you watch them, you'll wind up telling people details about the videos? Well, just watch them anyway, and just say how much you enjoyed them, without giving away details (in other words, don't give any opinions on what you saw in the video).
I didn't watch them, because I'll forget to say what I think about them when they air. But since I know that the Me Want It song maybe won't air on the show, I'll watch that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You mean "I Love It Parenthesis I don't Care Closed Parenthesis?" You must not watch a lot of TV. I hear that blasted song every single commercial break, either as a network promo or a shampoo commercial.

I haven't heard that song, either. I also hadn't heard "Call Me Maybe" before the "Share It Maybe" parody. And many of the shows parodies from the last few years are parodies of shows I hadn't heard of before that.

After learning a bit more about this season, I'm a bit excited. It's weird that Cookie Monster gets two songs about waiting for cookies (one online, one on the show). Is waiting one of the shows curriculum goals this season?

I'm excited about that Count episode. I hope that some of Jerry Nelson's characters show up, even if it's just non-speaking cameos. I know that the Two-Headed Monster (who Jerry stopped performing before his semi-retirement) and Herry show up, and it'd be great if Snuffy shows up (even though Jerry hasn't performed him since 1978). But I'm hoping that perhaps we get to see Sherlock Hemlock, Simon Soundman, or Little Jerry show up somehow. I wouldn't be too surprised if Mr. Johnson does, since he appears once a season, though I don't think he'd have anything to say about the Count (the others I mentioned wouldn't, either). Or Fred the Wonder Horse, since he pops up every few years.

There hasn't been a "Best of the Count" video, but if one ever comes out, that Count episode would make a good street story to include.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just watched some of those clips that have been uploaded, and what great clips I've seen so far.

Is that Frank Oz as the orange gold biker in Sons of Poetry? At times he sounds a bit like Bert, but at times he also sounds gruffer. Or maybe it's Eric Jacobson in an original role. And I lead biker's voice sounds a little like a Jerry Nelson voice. Is that Matt Vogel performing him?

That alphabet song is also great. At first I thought it would basically be an updated version of the beginning of episode 406, until they listed words that aren't character names. Great to see Ernie with a line (too bad we couldn't have had "E is for Ernie" instead of "E is for Elmo", especially when there's "B is for Bert"). And as usual it's great to see Murray with the other main characters.

And is it Kevin Clash performing Elmo in these clips? I've heard Ryan Dillion's Elmo, which is good but a little softer.... Or maybe he's already improved on an already-good Elmo voice.

It's great that we've been getting new Two-Headed Monster material in the last few years, but why don't they sound out words anymore? Somebody mentioned that they don't like that Chris always has to be an announcer on these segments, and I am already getting tired of it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.