So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wow, this season not only looks promising, but it's bound to be quite awesome. I'm really looking forward to it! Pretty much every street story sounds worth watching, and I really can't wait to see them. It also looks like The Count will be making an appearance in the Word of the Day segment about imagination, Bert will be appearing in the segments about fabulous and unique, and Ernie will be appearing in the segment about unique. Seriously, name one time that these 3 have ever appeared in ANY of the Word of the Day segments! But the one I'm really looking forward to, is the robot segment, because it features Kunal Nayaar (aka Raj from The Big Bang Theory- one of my all-time favorite non Henson related shows), and Grover (who doesn't love his roles in these segments?)!

As usual, I hope we eventually get some info on the Jerry tribute.

A couple of things: Bert and Ernie won't be in the "Fabulous" one, that's just a photo taken from Kim Catrall's visit (the segment is a re-airing).

And if you read a few posts above, you'll see the info on the Jerry tribute.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
A couple of things: Bert and Ernie won't be in the "Fabulous" one, that's just a photo taken from Kim Catrall's visit (the segment is a re-airing).

And if you read a few posts above, you'll see the info on the Jerry tribute.
Regarding the B&E factor: it never occurred to me; I did check Muppet Wiki, and sure enough, there it was as part of Episode 4186. I didn't get to see much of Season 39, so cut me some slack!

Oh, so the episode with everyone dressing up as The Count is technically supposed to be the Jerry tribute? Then, I wonder if that picture of Eric performing Herry has any relation with the episode. Perhaps he'll be one of the judges?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So, season 43's over with, which means it's time to find out what's going with the next season! There's some slight info over on Muppet Wiki. The most important thing is: more Jerry Nelson material, which is fantastic. I hear there's also a Jerry tribute they filmed, but there's no real details. Plus, we're getting a new cast member, with a video series about it:

If you find any other information about the season, post it here!

Maria still looks good!

galagr

Reaction score

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, so the episode with everyone dressing up as The Count is technically supposed to be the Jerry tribute? Then, I wonder if that picture of Eric performing Herry has any relation with the episode. Perhaps he'll be one of the judges?

I wouldn't them expect to do a whole episode talking about Jerry himself. The episode seems like a subtle one to him, celebrating his most-well known Sesame character. And that picture of Eric with Herry was for the episode, so he probably has a silent cameo, which I'm hoping means they'll throw in some other Jerry characters in the background too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't see them do a Jerry Tribute on the kid's show proper. It takes away from the suspension of disbelief for one. And I don't think kids that young would dig the behind the scenes crew talking about him for an extended period, rather than have it appear as an actual story. I mean, we WOULD. Heck yes, we'd love to see a prime time tribute to Jerry. I wish they'd get right on it.

Weirdo96

Reaction score
I understand why they wouldn't want to spoil the illusion for the kids. Unless the words "In memory of Jerry Nelson" appear before or after the episode, I don't think they'll mention Jerry by name.

But I'm just glad they're making a tribute for Jerry at all. The man deserves it. :batty: :search:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Most likely they'll dedicate the whole season to him like they did to Jon Stone, Jeff Moss, etc.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In regards to the spoofs, either the press kit still isn't quite complete yet (it should be officially released on Monday, with Clips!) or there's others is doesn't mention. The last one had no mention of "Me Am What Me Am" (the song or the EXTRA spoof) or even the stuff taped later in the year (The "Strong" and "Finishing the Hat" spoofs).

Status
Not open for further replies.