So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Nice to see Bert featuring in a episode this upcoming season. Hope some kind of Jerry Nelson tribute is in a episode as well.

I did see Gabi listed on sesamestreet.org a few months back.
Looks as though Sesame's tribute to Jerry Nelson will constitute an entire street story, seeing as one of the season 44 episodes is titled "Count Tribute." :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I think Baby Bear doesn't Like T-Ball is also a rerun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, someone has to agree with me that the listing for spoofs is freaking pathetic.

“Gotcha,”
a spoof of a hidden camera–style show.

A hidden camera show pops up on Sesame Street to try and catch bad manners in action.
Ye-e-e-e--eahhhhhhh... a spoof of something that hasn't existed since the 80's. Good call.

“Pogo Games,”
a spoof of the Olympics that includes a look-a-like puppet of the famous gymnastics coach, Bela Karolyi.

Telly trains with a famous pogo coach to help him win at the Pogo Games. He learns that he just needs to believe in himself to do his best.
Really?!? A spoof of the Olympic Games? How could you possibly get any...
“Simon Says,”
a spoof of the game Simon Says.

Telly has to practice paying attention, listening and controlling himself to prepare for a Simon Says competition starring Peter Dinklage as “Simon.”
Yes. That happened. There are no words to describe that.

Seriously Sesame Workshop? Are you trying that hard to reach for "we're making fun of stuff, therefore we're hip and relevant" that you basically say that every plot reference possible is a "spoof" on something? I mean, really... Take that Simon Sez! There are only 3 things that actually are spoofs of something, and I'm being generous with Beauty and the Beast here. I can't wait for next year's press release when someone drinks a glass of water in an episode and they call it a "spoof of the popular liquid."

Lemme guess... one of the workers SW fired was the guy who actually knew what the word "spoof" meant, right? This press release looks like it was written by a 2nd grader.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Seeing the sketches themselves are usually far more entertaining than reading a botched description of them. I would imagine these won't be any different, although I haven't seen or heard of most of the TV shows Sesame is spoofing this year (then again, I've never watched an episode of Mad Men or True Blood).

...But, what is "Gotcha" anyway, is it supposed to be Punk'd?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seeing the sketches themselves are usually far more entertaining than reading a botched description of them. I would imagine these won't be any different, although I haven't seen or heard of most of the TV shows Sesame is spoofing this year (then again, I've never watched an episode of Mad Men or True Blood).
The real spoofs seem relegated to the new Cookie Monster segment. Pirates of the Caribbean, Life of Pi, and the standard James Bond parody. There are basically 2 show parodies listed (both cable shows, probably why you never heard of them. I've only heard of Homeland through reference). Unless they're saving some of those for later in the season, it's NO wonder the Spoofs section is padded. One of the "spoofs" listed is a song based on an experiment. That's not a spoof, that's a reference.

When you call an episode based on Simon Sez a spoof of the game, that's just... really... I can't think of a word for it that isn't offensive on some level, it's THAT bad.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, almost everything on that spoof list really doesn't count, like, at all. I like the sound of the new Cookie song, though.

And as for the Count episode, if you lick the "Download PDF" link under the image, it has the description for the episode. It sounds like a real winner.

Now that I think about it, I think Baby Bear doesn't Like T-Ball is also a rerun.

Nope, it's not. They did an episode about him and T-Ball in season 33, but they wouldn't try re-running a storyline from that long ago and try to pass it off as "new".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nope, it's not. They did an episode about him and T-Ball in season 33, but they wouldn't try re-running a storyline from that long ago and try to pass it off as "new".
OH! They're remaking older episodes then. Something they should consider more. And, frankly, from a LOT earlier than season 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.