So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Caroll also has an apartment in the city so it's not like he travels to and from his home in New England every day he works. He is happy to stay in the city whenever he works. He is just as available as anyone else.
Not to mention, many of the cast members mainly live outside of New York. Many of them commute to NYC and stay there during filming season. Caroll lives in Woodstock, CT but is on the road a lot. He also does a show overseas (the same show that his mother wrote for him when he was a boy.) He told me that he really wishes that he could spend more time in Woodstock.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
If anyone saw the GMA interview segment, it seems that the celebrity word of the day segments feature the new puppeteer for Elmo. At least one of them did. Maybe they filmed these last?
Most of the celebrity segments were filmed this past summer. The only exception appears to be the "jealous" segment with Charlize Theron (viewable on Sesamestreet.org [link]). Kevin performs Elmo in that one, so I'm assuming that and the connecting street story (which includes Jerry as the Count) were shot for season 42 or 43.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think that street story and the "Grandparents' Day" ones were filmed around April/May of last year, around the same time as "Five By" and the spoofs. Charlize and Sarah Michelle Geller were both mentioned to be in season 43 early on (which they were taped during). Plus, they have Kevin using the previous Elmo puppet.

And yes, that's Ryan Dillion doing Elmo in the WOTD segments.

I've also been watching the stuff published to SS.org already. Man, "Telly Gets Jealous" was a wonderful piece of Sesame storytelling.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street is making it so you don't even have to watch the show anymore, with all the internet videos they post. I don't know what to make of that.

So far, they just posted another Crumby Pictures bit. I'll link to it, but I'm avoiding any more spoilers.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, if you're like me, the sooner I can get a taste of the new material, the better. Especially now, when I can't even watch the show on TV.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, if you're like me, the sooner I can get a taste of the new material, the better. Especially now, when I can't even watch the show on TV.
As long as you keep getting files for the episodes, you won't be out of the loop like how some of us, such as D'Snowth, are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a mixed bag. It's great to see things when they first pop up on the internet (and if you can't watch regularly), but it ruins the surprise of actually watching it if you can. I had to resist every urge to watch that James Bond parody segment so I can still enjoy it when it hits the show, so I have a reason to watch.

It's a hard urge to resist.

cjd874

Reaction score
I watched the street story of the season premiere, where Telly is jealous of Baby Bear's parrot Ralphie. It's...intense. Martin P. Robinson just blew me away with his performance. He just might be the best "actor," so to speak, out of all the Muppeteers. I don't know what it is, but he just has the ability to make his characters and the viewers connect in some way. And yes, Gordon is the one who comforts Telly. So those of you who are worried about Chris becoming a "Telly's new confidante" don't have to worry...yet.

Also, I'm glad that Cookie Monster is getting more screen time. That "Crumby Pictures" segment is FUNNY! I saw the Biscotti Kid one, and I really laughed at the Karate Squid gag. I still haven't picked up on that line that most adults would get, but kids don't. Something about "eyes wide shut" or something like that. Whatever it is, I don't get it.

But I am eager to see what becomes of SS this season as it teaches Hispanic culture and self-control. Will Mando be a hit? After this season, what will become of Elmo and the Count in terms of screen time? How about Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, and Oscar, whose performers either aren't always available or are aging? Same for Susan, Bob, and Luis, who are all over 70.
Too many questions...guess I'll have to tune in...

Eziwolf

Reaction score
Yes, the "Telly is jealous" story is just beautiful. I feel so connected with this character, it could be me. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, I'm glad that Cookie Monster is getting more screen time. That "Crumby Pictures" segment is FUNNY! I saw the Biscotti Kid one, and I really laughed at the Karate Squid gag. I still haven't picked up on that line that most adults would get, but kids don't. Something about "eyes wide shut" or something like that. Whatever it is, I don't get it.
Eyes Wide Shut is a pretty dang adult movie with very adult themes.

But I am eager to see what becomes of SS this season as it teaches Hispanic culture and self-control. Will Mando be a hit? After this season, what will become of Elmo and the Count in terms of screen time? How about Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, and Oscar, whose performers either aren't always available or are aging? Same for Susan, Bob, and Luis, who are all over 70.
Too many questions...guess I'll have to tune in...
Elmo and Count aren't going anywhere. Elmo especially. They recast him as fast as possible, and he's going to hold the same clout he always has. Nothing different at all. The Count... well, I'd tend to think his appearances might just jump up a little. Sometimes when a character is recast, they try and slowly integrate them back into the show, but it seems that they're more open to recasts now than when Jim and Richard passed on and Frank went from regular to guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.