So, who collects the busts?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I think Link was a good choice. He was one of Jim's primary characters after all. I might have preferred Link in non PIS clothes though. For me, Crazy Harry has always been the odd one in the line. Crazy Harry is like the annoying next door neighbor that you know nothing about on a deep level whereas Floyd is like a member of the family. It's a shame Floyd wasn't featured in bust form.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I would like Link more if he were done well. The bust has weird eyes, weird paint, and an eye brow is raised which is something the puppet can't do. Plus the color is all wrong on the uniform. It's like the figures color which is also wrong. Link's unifrom is a light periwinkle like color, not such a dark purple.

But anyhoo, One of the busts should have gone for a Floyd. It just doesn't make much sense not to have him.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
So they arent that heavy or big? Would they be too big to fit in a case whilst travelling overseas? I'm just talking about 1 because if I can get one at £9.99 whilst in the UK it would be good. I wouldnt consider fitting the whole set into my luggage of course!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, they are around 7 inches tall. SOme are bigger and some are smaller. The boxes, however, add a lot of bulk. If you will carry the case with you at all times, then you may be able to take the bust out of the box and wrap it in clothes or something to protect it. Otherwise, you would have to make room for it before you leave. It's hard to say just how much room you need for the box because box height varies from bust to bust.

They are not very heavey. They have some weight to them, but I'd say no more than a mega figure. Probably less actually.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Well its possible if I get one I'll be able to fit it in somehow, even if I flatten the box and put it in amongst clothes. I shouldnt plan ahead too much, they might not even have the same deals by the time we get there. Plus I have to find the address to this Forbidden Planet (whatever it name is) shop aswell as others.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I have the entire set, and they are awesome. The pinnacle of my collection. Animal is not one of my favorite characters but his bust is perfect. It's the best likeness of him ever done. Dr. Teeth is also pretty perfect.
-Artie

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I too think they're a little, pricy, I just hope they're still around by the time I can afford them. I oogle them (all of them) at Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash once a week, they are so cool, and the pedestal part of the bust is so 70's and really adds to the atmosphere of the show.

MrTheFrog said:
I have the entire set, and they are awesome. The pinnacle of my collection. Animal is not one of my favorite characters but his bust is perfect. It's the best likeness of him ever done. Dr. Teeth is also pretty perfect.
-Artie
I love the Animal sculpt, but I always thought his nose looks oddly colored on every bust of him I've seen.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Thanks for the info. Well its possible if I get one I'll be able to fit it in somehow, even if I flatten the box and put it in amongst clothes. I shouldnt plan ahead too much, they might not even have the same deals by the time we get there. Plus I have to find the address to this Forbidden Planet (whatever it name is) shop aswell as others.
Forbidden plannet is an internet shop.

It might be able to ship to Australia anyway for a prize

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the info! Do you know any other shops that stock muppet items in the UK not online stores though. I could get one from the online store but with postage and handling I might be better off getting it from somewhere else.