Somebody's Getting Married?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was wondering... If there's more story for this one... Could we please get an update soonish?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just so long as you can get it posted, that's the important thing. Look forward to it.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kermit was already on the phone when Piggy woke up. She yawned and stretched luxuriously, humming a little to herself in contentment. Waking up next to Kermit every day had been one of the best things that married life had brought, but waking up to hear his voice in the next room wasn’t too shabby, either. She threw on a robe and toed into her scuffs before sashaying into the living area of her suite. At the sight of her, Kermit put his hand over the phone and made a kissy face at her. Since their wedding--much to his own surprise and Piggy’s delight--Kermit had found within himself a strain of lovey-doviness that would previously have mortified him. He liked the simple domesticity of sitting across the breakfast table from Piggy playing footsie under the table. He like the mornings when they tussled over the morning paper, and even better the mornings when they just tussled. He watched her wriggle enticingly into the kitchen area and pour a cup of coffee, to which she added three sugars and a generous dollop of milk.
“What?” he said, suddenly tuning into the conversation. “Oh, um, no--I haven’t told them yet. I was hoping to do that--” He was silent for a moment, listening. “Um hum. I thought it looked great. Much better than the--say again? Oh, heh heh--yeah. I liked that, too.” Kermit looked around surreptitiously to see where Piggy was in the room and his manner became more secretive. Noting it, Piggy’s eye’s narrowed slightly, but she feigned inattention to his conversation, even as her ears perked slightly. Kermit saw the telegraph of Piggy’s attention and frowned slightly, but his buoyant attitude did not diminish. “Thanks--thanks a bunch, Jim. I’ll let you know as soon as I talk to the gang.” He hung up the phone and trotted into the kitchen to find Piggy.
“Good morning, Sweetheart,” he said, settling his arms around her happily. “Jim says ‘hello.’”
Piggy regarded him guilelessly. “What else does Jim say?”
Kermit kissed her quickly but managed not to meet her eye. “Oh, nothing much,” he said evasively. “But I do have some footage to show everybody at the meeting today.”
“The animation segment?”
“Um...” Kermit hedged. “Something new.”
Piggy perked up immediately. This might be interesting.
“Can I see before the meeting?” she wheedled. She put her arms around his neck and batted her eyelashes coquettishly.
Kermit laughed and kissed her.
No, Honey.”
Pleeeease--just a little peek.”
“C’mon, Piggy,” Kermit said reproachfully. “You know that’s not really fair.”
“All’s fair in--”
“Ha ha.” He looked at her sternly, then disentangled himself and moved off to the bedroom. Piggy followed him.
Kermieee,” she complained.
“Nope,” he insisted. “C’mon. Let’s get to the studio--lots to do today.”
“When is the meeting?”
“Um, we’ve got it scheduled for 11:00, but if we get the morning shoot done earlier....”
“Can’t you tell little ol’ me?” She walked over and put her arms around his neck again. “I’ve been awfully good.”
Whatever response Kermit might have made was silenced when Piggy gave him a kiss that--a month ago--might have left him reeling. Though pleasantly befuddled, he was building up a tolerance to her mind-boggling busses. He merely smiled at her when she pulled away and said. “Hmm. Nice one, Piggy. Come on now--get dressed.”
Piggy gave a humph of disgust and went to her room to change, leaving Kermit to ponder exactly how he wanted to share the news that Jim had just given him.

“You mean--you mean they want to replace us?” wailed Fozzie.
“What?” Kermit was momentarily bewildered. “No--no, Fozzie--nobody’s being replaced.”
Fozzie sank back weakly into his chair. Wordlessly, and without changing expression, Piggy handed him a handkerchief, which he accepted gratefully and used to wipe his brow.
“But if we don’t use the animated segment, then what are we going to do about the song?” It would have been hard to find a more amiable personality than Rowlf, but he looked unhappy and a little belligerent. “I am not about to don a diaper just so--”
“Yeah,” chimed in Scooter, who had found his transformation to adulthood more than usually challenging since he had basically grown up backstage. “I don’t want to look silly.”
Kermit waved his hands in front of Rowlf placatingly. “No--not to worry, folks. And nobody has to put on, um, anything they don’t want to wear. Jim and some of the guys have another idea about the nursery scene.”
“Which is--?”
“Yeah--spill it!”
“C’mon Boss--just tell us.”
“Kermie, so help me--”
“Puppets!” Kermit practically yelled above the complaints. There was a resounding silence.
“Puppets? What do you mean--puppets?”
“I just don’t see how puppets could look realistic enough....”
Kermit was again making little placating motions with his hands.
“Well, Jim has a background in puppetry, and he thought--”
“Jim does puppets? Our Jim? Mr. Henson?”
“Gee--you think you know a guy and--”
“I didn’t know that Jim worked with puppets.”
“Yeah--in fact, several of the guys--and some of the gals--are pretty good puppeteers.”
“Hm--go figure.”
“I didn’t know that.”
“Sure,” Kermit said. “Remember that first show that Jim and I did together? It was called ‘Sam and Friends.’ Jim did puppetry on that show.”
“Really?”
“I don’t remember seeing any puppets.”
“Fozzie--you didn’t think that Yorick was--”
“Ohhh, yeah. Yorick....”
“And Jim and the crew are getting ready for a new, full-length feature film that made using puppets. I’ve seen some of the sketches for the robotics and it’s just--”
“That’s wonderful, but I think we were talking about our movie,” Piggy reminded him.
“Yeah--and what about these puppets. I don’t want anything that’s gonna be embarrassing,” Gonzo protested.
Everyone at the table stopped talking for a second to gaze at Gonzo incredulously.
“You don’t want anything embarrassing,” said Rowlf. “What about your act?”

“Exactly,” Gonzo said. “I have my reputation to think of.”
“I was thinking about your reputation,” Rowlf persisted.
“Anyway,” Kermit said, hoping to ward off an argument. He worked to be louder than the murmur of their combined voices. “Anyway, I, um, told Jim that we weren’t really happy with the animation segment that we did--and I have some comments on that in a minute--and he put together a segment using the soundtrack that we already made.” He beamed at them, encouraging them with his own optimism. “Will you at least look at the clip?”
One by one they looked trustingly at Kermit and nodded.
“Good,” he said, relieved. He walked over to the light switch and turned out the lights. “Roll film, Scooter.”
Scooter did as he was asked.
“Well look at you, cutie,” said Rowlf. Although not thrilled about the prospect of wearing toddler togs himself, Rowlf had no trouble oohing and ahhing with the rest of them over Piggy’s too-cute-for-words puppet incarnation. Piggy’s face flushed scarlet and she opened her mouth to protest, but it was impossible to miss the fact that they were all--every single one of them--charmed by what they were watching. Once the focus shifted and the camera began to capture the puppet versions of her costars, the oohing and ahhing shifted to snorts, guffaws and downright abusive cat-calling among the males around the table, but there was no mistaking that they were enjoying themselves. Leaning against the wall, Kermit smiled with relief and satisfaction. This was going to work. After the film had run, Kermit rewound it and ran it again so they could watch it in greater detail. Some of the surprise had worn off, and now they were watching carefully for details.
“Like that sailor suit, Kermie,” Rowlf snickered. “How ‘bout you wear that to the next board meeting.”
“Ha ha,” muttered Kermit, grinning nonetheless. “Loan me your bib and we’ll talk about it.”
“I don’t see why they had to show my belly button,” Scooter complained. “And my hair doesn’t really look like that, does it guys?”
No one said anything for a couple of beats, then everyone surged into conversation to cover the lull..
“How come Kermit gets to wreck all the riding toys?” Gonzo griped.
“The kid gloves are a nice touch,” Piggy admitted. “And the bow.”
“I used to have an outfit just like that,” Fozzie murmured. “It even had a hat. And they got my bow right.”
“Guys?” Scooter persisted. “Does my hair really look like that? I mean--does it look like that now?”
Rowlf put a hand on his back. “Don’t sweat it kid--at least you’re wearing pants.”
Scooter sighed. “Maybe if I used more mousse.”
“So--so you like it, guys? Do you really like it?”
“Got my vote.”
“Oh yeah.”
“Absolutely.”
“Certainly, Kermie.”
Kermit smiled at them all, happy to have used his contacts to resolve a problem. Now--on to new business, but Gonzo beat him to the punch.

“So if they aren’t using the animated segment in this movie, what are they going to do with it?”
Kermit opened his mouth, stopped, shut his mouth carefully and smiled at them again. “Um,” he said. “That’s one of the things I wanted to talk to you about.” He took a deep breath, not sure how to proceed. “Well, you know I’ve always had a heart for children’s television. That’s why Sesame Street is still something I make a priority in my schedule.”
“I love Sesame Street,” Fozzie said immediately.
“Yeah,” said Rowlf. “They have some great skits.”
“Absolutely! And some of my best friends are monsters,” Gonzo asserted.
“Jim works on Sesame Street, doesn’t he?” Scooter asked. “And some of the other guys, too?”
“That’s right. Jim and Frank and Jerry and a whole bunch of the other guys work on Sesame Street.”
“What do they do there?” Fozzie whispered to Scooter.
Scooter shrugged. “Ask Kermit,” he whispered back. I’ve never been completely sure.”
“Well, some of the folks were thinking that we might use the animated segment they we had done for this movie as a pilot to pitch a new children’s program.”
He had their undivided attention now.”
“What kind of children’s program.”
“Well, um, a cartoon, but not just a cartoon with characters chasing each other and hitting each other with bats and things.”
“What’s wrong with that?” asked Gonzo. Piggy gave him a look, wishing for a bat of her own right about now.
“Please continue, Kermie” Piggy said sweetly.
“Um, well, we’d like to do something that would teach children things that would help them.”
“Like how to gargle through their noses?” Gonzo asked. Piggy looked under her chair, hoping somebody had left an umbrella--or a brick.
“No. No--things like sharing and taking responsibility and being kind.”
“That sounds nice,” Rowlf said. Others nodded.
“Well, sure,” Gonzo said, “if you want to go for the obvious.”
Piggy stood up, and Kermit quickly interposed himself between her and the little blue performance artist.
“Do you think people would really watch it, Boss?” Scooter asked.
“I do,” Kermit insisted. “And so does Jim. Also, it would be a nice venture that wouldn’t involve us on a daily basis.”
“But, but Kermit,” said Piggy slowly, a little uncomfortable about raising any objections. “We didn’t actually meet until we were all grown up.”
Kermit smiled at her. “And don’t think I didn’t appreciate that first meeting,” he said, and was pleased to see Piggy blush under the warmth of his gaze. “That’s a good thought, Piggy, and I think our fans know that we didn’t actually meet as children, but this show would encourage children to use their imaginations. Imagining us as children is just the beginning.” He looked at them all, his eyes pleading just a little for their approval. “And it would be something for the kids. What do you say, guys?”
“Sure.”
“I’m in.”
“Yes, Mon Capitan.”
“You got my vote, Boss.”
“For the children.”
Kermit smiled, proud of his friends and their willingness to support what he hoped would be an important milestone in children’s television. He kissed Piggy quickly before sending her out the door. He couldn’t wait to call Jim and tell him the good news.

Leyla

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RU!!! You're alive!!! Hooray!!! EEEE!!! Oh, I'm SO happy!!!! I missed ya, darling!

<<<<<<big, big, glompy HUGS!>>>>>

Ah, and what a lovely chapter to come back with!! Oh, it's wonderful!!
I love all the ushy gushy Kermity syrup that would have mortified him earlier, and, speaking of mortification, the part where Gonzo is worrying about his reputation, and the corresponding reactions from the others was great!

<giggles> The fun little mentions of Jim et al. doing puppetry and the muppets surprised reactions is positively hysterical and just a whole lot of fun!

The animation/puppetry handling of the Muppet Babies was quite well done as an explanation, and I was rather charmed by all of their reactions, from the ooohing over adorable Piggy and the teasing, to Scooter's anxious questions about his hair! <giggles> Really, too funny!

And, <sigh> I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention how delighted I was with all the lovey-doveyness. I like that Kermit held his ground against Piggy's calculated romantic assault. I swear, he's probably all excited to have her knowing that he's got a secret from her, just for her efforts to get it out of him.

He liked the simple domesticity of sitting across the breakfast table from Piggy playing footsie under the table. He like the mornings when they tussled over the morning paper, and even better the mornings when they just tussled.
<grins> Ah, I'm a happy Layla. Thanks for everything, Ru!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And I can't wait until the good news of this wonderful chapter gets spread to the other readers.

Oh, how I hug this addition!
The animated bit will be done with...
*Scared disbelief. Did Kermit just say the P-word???

Then we get the montage of the puppet Muppet Babies. Sorry, small tear for the possibility of the figures that never were, always makes me a bit sentimental.

Nods to Sesame and MB the actual series... Oh, I'm rully looking forward to how Kermit explains to Scooter about his new twin sister and getting the approval of the others who appeared in the show.

For help, the following appeared in Muppet Babies the Animated Series.
Baby Animal as part of the regular cast of eight.
Baby Robin as a tadpole in his fishbowl.
Camilla as a stuffed chicken in the waking world, as a live baby chicken in the imagination segments.
Baby Bean Bunny, added to the cast of regulars in the latter seasons.
Baby Bunsen and Baby Beaker.
Toddler/Little Janice, she was a bit older than the rest of the MB gang and could actually read (she was the only one of them who could actually do so).
Statler and Waldorf in their adult forms as uncles who came and babysat in the latter seasons.

And of course, there are the adult versions in both film clips and animated form.
Thank you Ru... Now, as you plainly should know by now...
More please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh yea! Someone is updating! That makes me so happy! So much goodness in this chapter too. There's not much I can say that Ed and Layla didn't already say so unfortunately this is sounding like a generic review. Oh well. More ushy gushy goodness please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I didn't know I was awake enough to laugh as hard as I did at the puppetry comments. Stuff like, "How could it look realistic..." and The utter shock at Jim doing puppets- "You think you know a guy..." And the bit about not knowing what Jim and Frank and Jerry and the rest do on Sesame Street... <nods> Toga's happy.

And I was about to say that it's kind of nice/strange/very cool to be reading a story that takes place when Jim was still with us.

And then I remembered that I'm writing a story like that, too...

And the fact that I didn't get that at first either means that I'm exhausted, I'm hungry, I've taken too long a break form Flippersteps, or a combination thereof. Or it could mean that my brain has been hi-jacked yet again... which also wouldn't suprise me... but I digress.

Beautiful chapter. MORE PLEASE!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kermit opened the door of his dressing room to find an anxious Fozzie pacing back and forth.
“Fozzie?” he asked. “Is--is everything okay?”
“Um, can I talk to you a minute, Kermit?” Fozzie said nervously.
“Well, sure, Fozzie. Come on in.”
Haltingly, Fozzie crossed the threshold. Kermit motioned to a chair and Fozzie sank down into it gratefully. Kermit waited until Fozzie gathered himself together, wondering what on earth could have discombobulated his furry friend so thoroughly.
I can’t do it,” Fozzie burst out at last. “Kermit, I just can’t do it. Whenever I think about going out there I get all sweaty and cold and shaky and--”
“Calm down, Fozzie,” Kermit said, putting a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Whatever it is, we can get you out of it.”
“Really? Really really?”
Kermit hesitated, not wishing to promise any further until he knew what they were talking about. “Well, why don’t you just tell me what the problem is and we’ll see what we can do. Okay, buddy?” Fozzie looked up at him, desperately hopeful.
“It’s my scene,” Fozzie whispered. “I just can’t do it.”
For a moment, Kermit was so stunned that he didn’t know what to do. His mind was racing, trying to run through the day’s schedule in fast-forward. He’d known Fozzie to get nervous before while doing his stand-up routine on stage, but movies were a more forgiving medium in some regards. If you flubbed, you could start over--as many times as it took. Kermit had run through the entire day’s schedule in his mind and was just as bewildered as he had been before. Fozzie was starting to hyperventilate, so Kermit had to act fast.
“Okay, okay Fozzie,” Kermit said quickly. “Let’s talk about this. What--exactly--is it that’s worrying you about the scene.” He hoped Fozzie would say something that would clue him in to what scene was making him such a wreck. His hopes were quickly answered.
“Nobody said anything about a coed cave,” the distraught bear wailed. “I was doing fine, I knew all my lines but the next thing I know, Bart the Bear has become Beth Bear and I’m just--I’m just panicked.” He looked up at Kermit pitifully. “You may not know this, Kermit,” Fozzie said quietly, “but I’m not really very confident around women.”
“Oh,” Kermit said, struggling to look surprised. “Well, um, gosh, Fozzie, you’d, um, never know it.”
“You’re just saying that,” Fozzie said dismally. “I’m a total write-off.” He balled his fists and un-balled them. “It’s not that I don’t like women,” Fozzie murmured. “I think woman are wonderful. They’re all soft and nice and they smell really good.” His eyes strayed to the picture of Piggy sitting on Kermit’s table. “Um,” he stammered, “at least most of them are, um, nice and um--Kermit--you’ve got to help me!”
“Of course,” Kermit said. “Look--if it’s too stressful, we’ll just cut the scene and do something else.”
“But--but I don’t want to disappoint everyone. We’ve all worked so hard on this movie. How can I tell everyone that I was too nervous to film my scene?”
“Everybody will understand, Fozzie.”
Fozzie looked morose. “Hmmm,” he muttered.
Kermit knelt down beside Fozzie’s chair and put his hand on his friend’s back. “Look--if there’s one thing I’ve learned, Fozzie, it’s that the people we make movies with are much more important than anything we film in those movies. I mean, sure, we want to make a great movie, but if it’s going to make you miserable, we’ll do it another way. Okay?”
“Okay,” Fozzie said meekly, but he did not sound convinced.
“Here--tell you what. The scene doesn’t actually shoot until tomorrow afternoon, so let’s just get through today, okay? Come have dinner with me and Piggy tonight and we’ll talk about it. And when tomorrow comes, well, we’ll just hope for the best. If it still doesn’t work out, we can probably film the scene in split screen or something, okay?” That last was a slim possibility, Kermit knew, but it seemed to calm Fozzie down. Kermit crossed his fingers and hoped that lightning wouldn’t strike.

“And he’s just beside himself,” Kermit told Piggy. Piggy looked at him, her eyes merry.
“If he was, that would solve the problem, wouldn’t it?’
Kermit made a noise of frustration, not amused by Piggy’s teasing. She put a conciliatory hand on his arm and tried another tack.
“Where were you thinking of going for dinner?”
Kermit looked blank. “I don’t know. Um, somewhere casual?”
Piggy looked thoughtful. “Why don’t you invite him over to your apartment—it’s plenty casual. I’ll take care of the dinner part, okay?”
Kermit shot her a look and his mouth began to quirk into a smile.
“Are you gonna wear one of those cute little aprons?”
“Out!” Piggy said, and showed him the door.

When Kermit arrived at the apartment with Fozzie in tow, the door opened to a profusion of wonderful smells. The two men exchanged looks of delight and surprise as they came in and tried not to fall over each other in the narrow passageway.
“Wow,” said Fozzie. “Piggy must have been cooking all afternoon.”
Kermit started to say something, but his comment was stilled by the sound of not one but two feminine voices coming from the kitchen. Fozzie must have heard it, too, for he looked at Kermit in comic surprise.
“Piggy?” Kermit called. “Piggy, I’m home!”
Piggy poked her head around the doorframe.
“Hellooo,” she said. Her eyes were wide and innocent, and Kermit knew she had to be up to something. He hoped it wasn’t going to backfire. Piggy took a few steps toward them, then extended her hand back toward the kitchen. Kermit watched with his mouth gaping as a small, brown-furred paw clasped Piggy’s tightly, then Beth Bear came shyly out of the kitchen. She waved, half-hiding behind Piggy’s well-endowed form.
“Hi,” she murmured.
Fozzie looked uncertain, but Piggy was advancing on him purposefully with Beth in tow. Kermit tried to close his mouth and stay out of the way.
“So nice to see you, Fozzie,” Piggy said, leaning forward and giving his furry cheek an air kiss. “Welcome to our home.”
Kermit had just succeeded in closing his mouth, and he clamped his froggy lips together to keep it from falling open again. He had never seen Piggy in “lady-of-the-house” mode before, and he was having trouble taking it all in. With obvious effort, Piggy pulled Beth around and presented her.
“Fozzie—this is Beth Bear, daughter of Edgar and Cecille. I think you’ve seen their act before.”
“Well, sure,” Fozzie said immediately. “I mean, who hasn’t?” He looked at Beth, eyes alight with surprise and pleasure. “Are you the little cub that used to be in their act?”
Beth looked down, obviously blushing, and nodded.
“The same,” she admitted, her voice rueful. “Daddy always insisted that we were a family act.” She looked up, her eyes searching Fozzie’s face. “You have a nice act. I watch your show.”
Fozzie took his hat off and cleared his throat. “Thank you,” he said.
“You’re funny,” said Beth. “I like your telephone gags.”
“Really?” Fozzie asked, his eyes hopeful, then he seemed to collect himself. He stood up straighter. “Um, I mean, it’s really nice of you to say so. How are your parents?”
“Fine,” said Beth. “They had to go out to some meeting tonight. Mama called Miss Piggy so see if she could, um, if I could stay with her.”
Kermit shot Piggy a look, but she was looking determinedly away. If she could have whistled, Kermit was sure she would have been whistling by now.
“We don’t know many people in London,” Beth was saying. “And Mom says she doesn’t like the idea of me staying by myself in a strange place.”
“Me either,” said Fozzie. “I mean, I don’t know many people in London either. And I don’t like staying by myself in a strange place.” He played with his bow tie, then peeked up at her. “But you know us, now. And we’re real nice.”
Beth smiled, relieved. Kermit came over then, and greeted Beth warmly. She had certainly grown since he had seen her last. She was taller than Kermit now, and her coat had lost that fuzzy, little-bear look. She had on a rose-colored dress, and there was a bow behind one ear.
“Look at you, Beth!” Kermit said. “I’m so glad you’re going to be in our movie.”
Beth looked anxious again. “Me, too. I—it’s my first grown-up role. Mama said she’d come to the set with me tomorrow so I won’t be so nervous.
“Don’t be nervous,” Fozzie said. Piggy and Kermit looked at each other surreptitiously, eyes wide. “There’s really nothing to be nervous about.”
“That’s what Mom says,” Beth said earnestly. “But I’m glad she’s coming with me.”
Piggy began to shoo everyone toward the beautifully set table in the far end of the living room. Kermit noticed that some of his furniture had been pushed against the wall to accommodate the little table.
Fozzie smiled and extended his elbow to Beth. Giggling a little, she took it and they walked toward the source of the wonderful smells. Kermit put his arm around Piggy and steered her toward the table as well.
“Kermit’s a good director,” Fozzie was saying. “And Scooter always has everything ready for our scenes.” He looked a little embarrassed. “And if you need to start again, nobody yells at you.”
“Oh, good!” said Beth. “I hate it when people yell.”
Fozzie patted her hand, his shoulders squaring. “Don’t worry,” he said. “Nobody will yell at you.” He cast a cautious glance over his shoulder. “Sometimes they yell at each other,” he whispered, indicating Kermit and Piggy. “But they got married, so it’s okay.”
Beth giggled and Piggy made a sound like a sneeze, which was covered easily by the sound of Kermit coughing.
Fozzie got Beth’s chair, and Kermit stepped around and held one for Piggy. In spite of the company, he pressed a kiss against the nape of her neck once she’d taken her seat, and Piggy turned and looked up at him. Nobody said anything. Nobody needed to.
They tucked in with relish.

Fozzie had stayed later than planned, telling every corny knock-knock joke he could think of to a rapt audience of one. At last, however, he made his excuses and let Kermit walk him to the door.
“What a sweet kid,” he said to Kermit.
Kermit nodded. “Nice family,” he agreed. He turned his body slightly to share a private word with his friend.
“You still nervous about tomorrow?”
“What? Me, nervous? Naw, I was never really, um….” He gave it up and smiled at his director and friend. “I won’t be nervous,” he said. He looked over to where Piggy and Beth sat, chatting amiably on the sofa. His expression went all dreamy. “And she smells nice.”
Kermit patted him on the back. “We’ll see you tomorrow, Fozzie. G’night.”
“Goodnight!”
Kermit watched him down the stairs, then rejoined the ladies. He sat next to Piggy and took her gloved hand between his own, full of good food and relief.
“So, Beth,” he said. “Are you still nervous about tomorrow?”
Beth laughed, totally relaxed now.
“Not at all,” she said. She looked at Piggy, then at Kermit, biting her lip with indecision.
“My mother was a little worried,” she said, “because Fozzie’s a big television star. She thought he might be, you know, sortof forward or a little too sophisticated to have patience with somebody young like me.”
“Fozzie’s a nice guy,” Kermit said. He started to say something else, but there was a knock at the door. Piggy went to answer it, and Cecile and Edgar came in and positively filled Kermit’s little apartment to overflowing. After a few moments of hurried pleasantries, they collected their daughter and left.
Piggy shut the door behind them, then leaned against it, her expression sassy.
“I did good?” she asked impudently.
Kermit walked over and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her fondly, then set her back from him so he could look at her.
“You amaze me,” he said. “You did very good.”
Piggy slipped her hands underneath Kermit’s neck frill.
“Do I get a reward?” she asked.
“Um hum” said Kermit and moved to mold her close.
“Good,” said Piggy, wriggling easily out of his embrace. “Then you can do the dishes!”
“Piggy…!” Kermit complained, but he did them just the same.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm.... Just what I needed after a bit of bad dream.

Oh, this is a great chapter and I wonder what the others will say.
Loved the subtle jokes... He was just besides himself. Well, if he was, that'd solve the problem.
Ha!
Do I deserve a reward? Um-hum. Good, then you do the dishes.
That made me laugh.

Positively loved how you introduced Beth Bear... Walking Fozzie gradually from his initial flustering about doing the co-ed scene... Then he's a bit eased, still fretful, as he joins the frog at his amphibian apartment for dinner that night. He meets Beth and the tension ebbs and flows betwwen the two ursas as they try to get to know each other. The touches of her parents also being in showbusiness were nice little nods... And the line about being in London and not knowing anyone, well done. Then Fozzie's gained enough confidence not to be nervous about the shoot the next day after building a repore with the bruin beauty...
Loved this and hug it tightly. Thanks, more please!