Somebody's Getting Married?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Davina... If you liked this tale of Ru's, then I suggestyou go find and read through Getting Swamped and then Kermie's Girl. Extraordinarily good stories tey are.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Cath... Fully hexpect the ushgush to flow, I wouldn't have it any other way since that's your own particular style. Just sayin', I have a sneaking suspicion that there'll be some sort of thoroughly UG story now that you know this cming year will bethe year of the pig. But knowing your style and having come to delight in your trio of stories... Not sure how to approach the thought. And look forward to a sweet short story on Wednesday or Thursday.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Missing Chapter Titles

H'okay. Sorry this has taken me so long!

Here are the missing chapter titles. (And I'll try to do better moving forward!)

A Man of the Cloth
Which starts with, “But won’t she notice them?” Fozzie asked.

You Really Got Me This Time
Which starts with, I couldn’t be any more nervous if I were a real bride, Piggy thought miserably.

Too Far to Lose Now
Which starts with, Kermit met Scooter outside the chapel set doorways and they set out for the viewing room at a dead run.

I Got It Already!
Which starts with, Piggy banged the door of her dressing room shut. “Stupid frog,” she muttered. “Stupid wedding dress.” Her breath caught suddenly. “Stupid me!”

Hitting the Mother Lode
Which starts with, Once safely on the other side of the door, Piggy leaned against it and felt the hot tears beginning to spill.

The Cake and the Bakery With It
Which starts with, “Oh—there you are,” said Kermit, not even looking at her. “Piggy—I need you to look these papers over and sign them before we do the wedding again.”

Your Girl Now
Which starts with, They ran the whole scene again, and though the cameras were rolling, this video would never grace any commercial movie screen.

Your Place or Mine
Which starts with, Piggy stood in the doorway of Kermit’s apartment and surveyed her surroundings doubtfully. Kermit’s temporary domicile was definitely on the cozy side.

Men Are Such Pigs!
Which starts with, It had been a long day already. They had filmed a great deal of side-walk walking that morning, and those who weren’t needed for the next set of scenes—which was most of them—were lounging in various states of fatigue on the soft green grass.

Something New
Which starts with, Kermit was already on the phone when Piggy woke up. She yawned and stretched luxuriously, humming a little to herself in contentment.

The Hostess with the Mostess
Which starts with, Kermit opened the door of his dressing room to find an anxious Fozzie pacing back and forth.

It Doesn’t Work That Way
Which starts with, “Kermit—can I ask you a personal question?”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Aah... Thank you for the chapter titles Ru. Bit confused about the last one though. In this post, you say that Chapter 14, the one where Gonzo comes to talk to Kermit about lady troubles is titled It Doesn't Workthat Way. And yet, when it was posted, the same chapter got a title A Personal Question. Just wondering which of the two it is before sending the tory off. Oh, and should I hexpect the missing titles of your other two masterpieces in their respective threads? LMK, hope to hear from you and maybe get an update or two soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello FRR, and welcome to what we lovingly call the MC FanFic Library. This story is the first of Catherine (Ruahnna)'s three Muppety masterpieces. Somebody's Getting Married? takes place around the events of TMTM and finally gets the frog and pig actually officially fictionally married. After that, Getting Swamped takes the happy couple to visit Kermit's family in the swamps a few months later. Then, Kermie's Girl examines what happens when gossip tabloids attempt to drive a wedge between the frog and his pig, all around the Muppet stage whether it be at their movie studios or the stageshow currently performing at Las Vegas. There are other stories written by this glorious author, short ones based on either Hallmark moments or film moments. Would recommend you ask the author herself for the titles, though I think they were posted somewhere in Kermie's Girl.

Other than that, LMK if you need a reading list so you can enjoy the stories that've been posted here in some semblance of chronological order. Have fun and happy reading.

FraggleRockRock

Reaction score
Thanks, Count, I'll look into them! She's a really good Writer! And your a pretty good editor :wink:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 15: The More Things Change

“Yeah, but I don’t think it’s going to have the same effect if she leaves on a bus,” Kermit argued into the phone. “We’re already using a bus for another shot. Besides, I mean, leaving by train is sortof old-fashioned and romantic, but leaving by—what? No. No, I don’t think a motorcycle would be appropriate, even though—“
Kermit was listening with a very disgruntled expression, the phone pressed up against where his ear would have been, if he’d had one, when Scooter poked his head around the doorway. Kermit tuned out the raspy voice on the phone and looked at Scooter expectantly.
“What it is Scooter?”
“They’re here again,” said the young man disgustedly. Kermit sighed, rubbing his hand across his face. He held up a finger to Scooter and talked into the phone.
“No,” he said firmly. “I want a train—or a least a seat on one leaving the station. What? Yes! Yes, of course I want—no. No dining car. Just a seat. Get me a seat on a train leaving the station. A window seat. Yes. By tomorrow. Thank you,” he finished sarcastically. He replaced the phone on its cradle, not tenderly, and looked up at Scooter.
“Again?” he demanded. “Look, Scooter, can’t you reason with these folks? I mean, we did what they asked us to do, right? We confirmed it! We posed! We kissed! Piggy signed about twenty-seven-billion autographs. What more do these people want from us?”
“Um, exclusive pictures of your firstborn?” suggested Scooter.
Kermit looked aghast. “You d-didn’t,” he stammered. “I-I mean, they don’t think, um, that, um, there’s going to be, um, a, um—“
Relax, Boss,” said Scooter. “I was just kidding.”
Kermit subsided, but looked so limp and shaken that Scooter was rather concerned. He gave the rattled amphibian a chance to gather his wits, but before he could speak, Fozzie poked his head in the other side of the open door.
“Um, Kermit—I have a problem—“
The phone rang. Kermit answered it, and immediately began to shake his head.
“No,” he insisted. “Absolutely no live ammunition, Gonzo—and that’s final!” He slammed down the phone. “But Scooter—” he began.
“Kerrrmittt,” whined Fozzie, sounding sortof desperate now. “I need to talk to you about the—“
“I was here first,” said Scooter indignantly. “And I need to know what to do about all the—“
“Guys!“ said Kermit, standing up and making soothing motions. “Hang on just a minute and I’ll—“
“Kermie? Kermie, dear?” Piggy joined the circus just inside Kermit’s open office door. “Sweetheart, I am not happy about this scene with the receptionist’s office. It specifically says in Moi’s contract that I do not shed anything under any circumstances and Moi does not plan to—“
“So?” demanded Scooter, shouting over the top of Piggy and the now-agitated Fozzie.
“So what?” Kermit hollered back.
“So what do I tell them? Are you guys coming out again?”
“No, Scooter. We are not! We’re supposed to shoot the scene with Dabney Coleman today, so—‘
“Want me to sic Animal on ‘em?” Floyd had joined them at some previous point in the conversation. Kermit’s office gave a definite impression of bulging at the seams.
Scooter looked at Kermit and shrugged. “It couldn’t hurt,” he suggested, but at the speculative look in Kermit’s eye, he hastily amended the suggestion. “Or I could just send Piggy out….”
“Send Moi where?” Piggy demanded. “We’re not supposed to be on location until tomorrow!”
“Look, if everybody could just—“
“Kermittt!” wailed Fozzie. “I really need to talk to you about something.”
“Hey look, man,” said Floyd, “if this is a bad time—“
It is!”
“—I could come back and ask for an advance on the band’s pay later.”
“No early paychecks!” said Scooter. “We’re barely meeting payroll as it is!”
“Bearly? Was that a crack?” said Fozzie. “Look, I am doing my best and if you guys—“
“Arghh!” yelled Kermit, waving his arms over his head. “Everybody stop talking! I cannot hear myself think! And I can’t answer any of you if you’re all talking at the same time!”
Everyone stared, but subsided obediently.
“Scooter--if Piggy goes out alone, we’ll never get her back inside for any filming. If they want an interview, tell ‘em to call Marty and make an appointment.”
Scooter sighed. “Okay, boss,” he moaned. He tried a give Kermit puppy dog eyes, but he just didn’t quite have the knack yet. Kermit pointed. Scooter went. Halfway to the door, he turned and whined a little.
“But—but there’s this one guy—jeez!—who’s really persistent. Says he was promised an exclusive.”
“Yeah, yeah,” Kermit muttered. “Him and about fifty others. Tell him to take it up with Marty, okay?”
“You’re the boss,” muttered Scooter. Usually, working for Kermit was a delight. Today was the exception that proved the rule. The gopher/personal assistant trudged dejectedly toward the big double doors that led out into the street.
“Fozzie,” said Kermit. “What was so urgent that it couldn’t wait?”
Fozzie looked at Kermit and shifted from one foot to the other.
“Fozzie—“ Kermit began in a warning tone, and the furry funnybear immediately thrust two almost identical ties out in front of him.
“Which one do you like better?”
Kermit stared at him for a moment, practically vibrating in annoyance, but he took a deep breath at last and tapped the one on the left.
“This one,” said Kermit shortly. Fozzie looked at it doubtfully.
“Are you sure?” he began. “Cause I thought the other one—“
“Will you get out of here!” Kermit demanded. Fozzie scuttled for the door.
“Geez,” he muttered. “You don’t have to be so grumpy about it.” Grumbling, he left.
Piggy would have darted in at this point, but Kermit held up a hand imperiously and she was so shocked that she subsided—at least, for the moment. Kermit crossed his arms across his chest and gave Floyd his sternest look.
“Something I can do for you Floyd? Something that can’t wait?”
“No problem, man,” said Floyd, backing for the door. “I was just, you know, asking.” He slid from the room, leaving Kermit alone with his wife.
He turned to her impatiently, but at the look on her face, his own expression softened in response. She was smiling at him, a sweet, bemused, fond smile that made Kermit feel both sheepish and proud at the same time. He stepped forward and looked into her blue eyes.
“Something I can do for you, Piggy?” he teased. “Something that can’t wait?”
Piggy wasn’t born yesterday. She backed up hastily.
“No, ha ha,” she said, slipping from his attempted embrace. “Nevermind. I’ll just let you get back to work!”
“Work?” Kermit snorted, and Piggy spared him a fleeting glance before dashing down the hall. Somewhat surprised, Kermit found himself quite alone in his office. He turned and stared at the phone, daring it to ring. It didn’t. It fact, no one bothered him for the next thirteen minutes, which allowed him enough time to collect his thoughts, call Marty, call Accounting, warn the prop department to be on the lookout for Gonzo and actually eat his lunch. For the briefest of intervals, Kermit relaxed.
Married life or no, things were certainly getting back to normal around here.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...That... Is just plain awesome.

I love chaos. And you write it so... logically! ...Except... chaotic... ...I dunno, I just baffled myself. The point is, that chapter ROCKS!

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Catherine. Needed some fanfic goodness after a bit of bad dreams again. Loved how everybody's claiming stakes on the frogs time, shouting at each other and creating a scene of Muppety chaos. And of course, the frog delegates so well even in anger, though we all do that some times. Rully helps humanize the frog.

Hope for more should you be able to get any posted today.