Songs in Movies?

Hubert

Reaction score
Growing up with the Muppets, I've always loved songs, especially ones in movies. But I've noticed that a lot of movies exclude songs from them. I've also noticed that the majority of people seem to prefer no songs in movies. So now I'm curious, do all Muppet fans like songs in movies?

See, for me just one song makes the whole movie better to me. I think that songs and movies just seem to gel well together. Bonus points to movies who have songs actually sung by the character, instead of just a background song playing during a montage of some sort.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Well, I for one love songs in movies. It's just like you said, songs and movies go well together. I don't mind if there's no song in a mvoie but I still prefer if there are some. A nice musical movie, some snacks and beverages... yep, that's a terrific way to spend one's evening.

Hubert

Reaction score
I mean, some of my favorite non-Muppet movies don't have any songs. There still are good movies with no songs. However, they'd be 10 times better if the threw a few songs in. :sing:

Hayley B

Reaction score
I want to say that I like movies with songs in them. But I also been fine with movies that don't have songs. Especially really old good movies.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Growing up with the Muppets, I've always loved songs, especially ones in movies. But I've noticed that a lot of movies exclude songs from them. I've also noticed that the majority of people seem to prefer no songs in movies. So now I'm curious, do all Muppet fans like songs in movies?

See, for me just one song makes the whole movie better to me. I think that songs and movies just seem to gel well together. Bonus points to movies who have songs actually sung by the character, instead of just a background song playing during a montage of some sort.
I Agree With Ya, There Does Need To Be More Songs In Movies

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've also noticed that the majority of people seem to prefer no songs in movies.
I think in cases like that, it's when the songs get to become a tired gimmick of literally being show-stopping numbers that stall the story.

Hubert

Reaction score
I think in cases like that, it's when the songs get to become a tired gimmick of literally being show-stopping numbers that stall the story.
Well, I've noticed that a lot of people nowadays seem to think songs in movies are childish. A lot of people seem to want to watch "mature movies" instead of little kid ones, and they believe that when a movie has songs, that is the first red flag. They like songs as just songs alone, performed by popular people, yet because a lot of movies geared toward children put songs in them, songs in movies seem childish to them.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Just because a movie has songs in it, doesn't it mean it is childish :rolleyes:
I mean, Sweeney Todd has lots of songs in it and I'd like to see the one who declares it as a kids' movie.

Hubert

Reaction score
Just because a movie has songs in it, doesn't it mean it is childish :rolleyes:
I mean, Sweeney Todd has lots of songs in it and I'd like to see the one who declares it as a kids' movie.
I know, I know. Songs don't make a movie childish. Just try telling that to some people. Plus, if people don't see the songs in movies as childish, they see them as boring.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I know, I know. Songs don't make a movie childish. Just try telling that to some people. Plus, if people don't see the songs in movies as childish, they see them as boring.
Yeah, that was once the case in school a few years ago. It was our last day of school before the Christmas holidays and brought my The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD to watch. Everyone who didn't know the movie, which was the majority, was annoyed that the characters sing. So much that they lost interest and the teacher turned the movie off by the time Sally's Song started :rolleyes: