Songs in Movies?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I would like to know which one?
No problemo. This is my opinion. I may be wrong but I just feel they just don't fit.
The Muppet Movie: Never Before, Never Again
The Great Muppet Caper: Nightlife, AND Piggy's Fantasy
The Muppets Take Manhatten: I'm Gonna Always Love You
Muppet Christmas Carol: No complaints
Muppet Treasure Island: Shiver My Timbers, (Cabin Fever could've been better)
Muppets From Space: No original; songs there
The Muppets: Me Party

Hayley B

Reaction score
Personally, I thought the songs in The Muppets were just a wee bit sappy... I love a lot of the songs used in Muppet movies, but the ones in that one were just... not that great... "Me Party/Party of One" especially makes me cringe.
Thought so too. Still can't get that Rainbow Connection doesn't win an Oscar. But Man Or Muppet does.

Hayley B

Reaction score
No problemo. This is my opinion. I may be wrong but I just feel they just don't fit.
I have to hear Never Before, Never Again, again. I remember there was one song I didn't care for in The Muppet Movie. I agree with the others except I'm Gonna Always Love You. I love the Muppet Babies part. I can't really think of anything I don't like about MTM.

Yorick

Reaction score
The song "The Coconut Tree" from Ernest Goes to Jail... it just... seems out of place,
And yet it's just as amazing as the song that opens the film, and as the performances from Jim Varney, and everything else about the film! :smile: I bet that song is another part of the humor in that perfect film. I agree it doesn't make sense in regards to the film, but maaaan, is it funny! :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
Personally, I thought the songs in The Muppets were just a wee bit sappy... I love a lot of the songs used in Muppet movies, but the ones in that one were just... not that great... "Me Party/Party of One" especially makes me cringe.
I agree..."Me Party" didn't do much for me either...I think some of the songs could have been better.

I agree with you on most of those...good songs, just didn't fit perfectly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thought so too. Still can't get that Rainbow Connection doesn't win an Oscar. But Man Or Muppet does.
Because they weren't in direct competition for each other?

I'd take it as a win and move on. The Muppets deserve ONE Oscar at least, let's be glad they have one.

I agree..."Me Party" didn't do much for me either...I think some of the songs could have been better.
The only reason that's in the movie is because Amy Adams lobbied for it. I feel it's the one big problem with the movie's editing, and quite honestly, a lost opportunity to have both Piggy and Amy storm out with their respective problems and meet up, making it a more close duet.

But honestly, the fact we didn't get the full version of "Let's Talk About Me" was a CRIME! Even the film makers hated it being cut out. Not even just for the plot reveal... the funniest lyrics of the rap portion were cut out. I loved the part where he gold plated his cat... or was it a dog? I only heard the full one once.