Songs in Movies?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I mean, some of my favorite non-Muppet movies don't have any songs. There still are good movies with no songs. However, they'd be 10 times better if the threw a few songs in. :sing:
So...something like Star Wars would've been better if the characters sang?

We seem to be made to suffer,
It's our lot in life,
Every road we seem to take,
Leads to woe and strife.
Or how about Jaws?​
I'm a big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya,
A big, bad shark that's happy to meet ya,
I'll take small bites and start with your feet-ya,
This big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya!
Alright, dumb jokes and bad rhymes over. :embarrassed:

Hubert

Reaction score
I honestly do believe that just about any movie would be better with songs in it. I mean, songs are such an important part of everyday life.

I still think that a holiday should be created called Break Out Into Song day, where suddenly singing in real life is normal.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
So...something like Star Wars would've been better if the characters sang?

We seem to be made to suffer,
It's our lot in life,
Every road we seem to take,
Leads to woe and strife.
Or how about Jaws?​
I'm a big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya,
A big, bad shark that's happy to meet ya,
I'll take small bites and start with your feet-ya,
This big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya!
Alright, dumb jokes and bad rhymes over. :embarrassed:
Jaws would be 100x better with that!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The more I think about it, there's one song in a movie that really doesn't make any sense to me...

The song "The Coconut Tree" from Ernest Goes to Jail... it just... seems out of place, to have a Calypso-esque song about a guy not wanting to climb a coconut tree because, "These aren't my tree-climbing shoes" in a song that's about Ernest ended up in jail because of a case of mistaken identity while his criminal look-alike assumes his identity to rob the bank where he works at.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't mind songs in movies so much, but sometimes I find there are too much. I also find it in Muppet Movies. There's always one song I feel doesn't fit in. (I can include my list if you want.)

Hayley B

Reaction score
I don't mind songs in movies so much, but sometimes I find there are too much. I also find it in Muppet Movies. There's always one song I feel doesn't fit in. (I can include my list if you want.)
I would like to know which one?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I thought the songs in The Muppets were just a wee bit sappy... I love a lot of the songs used in Muppet movies, but the ones in that one were just... not that great... "Me Party/Party of One" especially makes me cringe.