Songs You Can't Stand

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I used to wonder why the Baha Men were a one-hit wonder, then I heard their other songs and realized why.

Something about the way they sample "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" sounds so...wrong. Yet this song refuses to escape my head. :ouch:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Baha Men were always a relatively obscure group, but "Who Let the Dogs Out" became a surprise hit and launched them to stardom for a very brief period in the early 2000s, then they pretty much faded back into obscurity again after that.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
If we can do genres too, there are a couple that I'm not a huge fan of. The first is reggae. Bob Marley is good, but pretty much everything else sounds pretty same-y to me.

The second is country and bluegrass (I lump 'em together). I do like some country, like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton and a few others, but modern country sounds like it's the same guy singing on every song. I will admit though that the lyrics are some of the wittiest and best out there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we can do genres too, there are a couple that I'm not a huge fan of. The first is reggae. Bob Marley is good, but pretty much everything else sounds pretty same-y to me.

The second is country and bluegrass (I lump 'em together). I do like some country, like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton and a few others, but modern country sounds like it's the same guy singing on every song. I will admit though that the lyrics are some of the wittiest and best out there.
I like reggae myself, simply because it's something different to listen to from time to time, and sometimes, it's can be kind of relaxing, such as the song "Red, Red Wine" by UB40. As far as Bob Marley goes, I really like that song he did, "Dracula."

I don't like country either, but I do like some bluegrass, mainly because bluegrass has some subtle Celtic roots, which, heh, is in my blood, lol.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Lest we Muppet fans forget Kenny Rogers and Charlie Daniels, who had their most well-known songs covered on TMS. :smile:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of island music like ska and dancehall and calypso, but Baha Men's commercialized take on Bahamian music just doesn't do it for me. Always preferred the original version of Who Let the Dogs Out to the one everyone knows (and loves/hates?)

I do love this song they did for Stanley, of all things. Never knew they did the theme song.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Genres I don't like:

Rap
Heavy metal
Dubstep
Pop (with a few exceptions)
Reggae
Opera

Bands I don't like:

Anything new by John Mellencamp - I'm a HUGE fan of his old stuff and always will be. But I only like John Mellencamp songs from the 70s to the 2000s. His singing voice went downhill in the 2010s (at least in my opinion).

Anything old from Kid Rock - I LOVE Kid Rock's new stuff but his old stuff is a little bit too rap-like for my taste. The first good Kid Rock album in my opinion is Rock n Roll Jesus, that album was pretty good for it's time but my all time favorites are Born Free, Rebel Soul, and First Kiss.

Justin Bieber - I'm just not a fan.

Miley Cyrus - Again, I'm not a fan.

Rob Thomas - My mom used to listen to him when I was younger and I wasn't that big of a fan. He's certainly not the worst out there, but I just don't really like most pop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as dubstep goes, I love Lindsey Stirling, she's so unique and original - I mean, how many artists out there can not only make great music from a violin, and actually dance while playing at the same time?