Space Shuttle Explosion

Luke

Reaction score
I just saw on the news that a space shuttle has exploded and lost communication over Texas. Seven people on board. They think it could be terrorism apparently but aren't sure. Tragic news !

Edit - oops typed crash instead of loss/explosion. can you change it Phil ?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ya, i just saw this, and some of the stuff from the shuttle came down in the area around where i live which is dallas/ they're saying for everyone if they do find a piece of the shuttle not to touch it and to call someone so they can arrive at the scene and take care of it. i'm watching the local news here in dallas and people are calling saying that they hear something like a sonic boom and a lot of people were thinking a gas line blew in their house around 8 am this morning

to clear the terrorism thing up, they're thinking it's not terrorism but that the shuttle was so old, something fell apart in the shuttle which caused it crash.....they're also saying that a piece of the shuttle fell apart/came off when the shuttle was about to lift off a few weeks ago.....

its real bad that something like this has happened. nothing has happened like this since the shuttle challenger blew up back in 1987 (?)

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, they're saying something happened with a humydifier and the insulation was damaged so something might have happened coming down, but also a few eyewitnesses have reported seeing a plane or something much lower which is unusual. If you live in Central Texas you're supposed to stay indoors apparently because of falling debris.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
everyone is not going outside cause they're glued to their tv sets...but i think what ever debris that was supposed to fall has already fallen to the ground..

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the space shuttle was called columbia if anyone is wondering....

ryan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Luke, your thread title has been updated.

Truly a horrific day for friends and families of those involved. Take time to remember them in your thoughts and prayers today and in the days to come.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*nods* I'm definately holding the families of all seven crew members in my prayers. The space shuttle Columbia was coming back from its 28th mission, so sadly it's not surprising that something like this happened.

The newscaster on Fox News just said that considering the rate of speed at which the shuttle was going and how fast it broke up, the seven astronauts didn't suffer. Thank God for that.

-Kim

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes a horrible state of events......my aunt lives in ft. worth i may call her tonight and see if she heard it (i bet she did)

i heard that one guy had a 4 ft piece come in through the roof...woah

it sounds like it entered the wrong way....

Sarah