Space Shuttle Explosion

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the last transition was about tires....

dad works for goodyear and those where michelins (sp?)

he told me to post that....

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
Wow. I just turned on my AIM and got the news. Man.

This brings back memories of when I saw the Space Shuttle Challenger explode live on tv as it happened almost exactly 17 years to the day in 3rd grade.

Its definately a shock...the shuttle program is one of the world's biggest symbols of unity and harmony, and especially this one...
http://msnbc.com/news/857733.asp?0cv=CA01

As you can see people representing almost all races and lots of different countries, men women, were on this shuttle mission.

I was reading about the Israeli guy on there; his mother and grandmother had survived the death camps, and he had bravely fought in the *first* war to destroy Saddam's Nuclear program in 1981. Definately a dark day for Israel who needed some good news, as well as all the countries represented.

I also read debris and all sorts of parts from the shuttle were strewn all over east Texas. Man...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
my dad said he woke up around 8 this morning hearing the noise the columbia made..he didn't know what it was and thought it was thunder but then realized there was not a cloud in the sky then went back to bed.....

ryan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. People are trying to profit off this tragedy on eBay. They were talking about these auctions on TV so I went and checked it out.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
why in the heck would people want to profit over something like this? are people just plain idiots now? this makes so sense at all and it's wrong..

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
Looks like Ebay are trying to take most of these auctions down, but yeah just shows which way the world is going nowdays !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
didn't people hear that some parts were toxic to touch

people are so stupid

Sarah

beaker

Reaction score
This morning when I woke up to this tragedy and posted about it on MC, I respectfully held back from making a commentary on how messed up this world is, about how I thought 'well, we'll probably be seeing debris sold on ebay'. Looks like I was astonishingly right.

My gosh...why is it that as soon as I hear ddebris had fell to part of east Texas *I KNEW* it would only be a matter of hours before it ended up on ebay. Same thing happened on 9/11.
Some people man...

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm kinda under the weather, so I didn't have any tv or radio on this morning, and thought I'd head over to my sister's house to update my Very Lame Website...that was when I heard the news, on the radio.

I, too, am reminded of when the Challenger was lost in 1986; I'm grateful for the courage of those men and women who set loftier goals than many of us and really do aim for the stars.

My uncle works with NASA at their White Sands facility--several times growing up he'd bring us patches from different missions he had been involved in--I still have them.

I hope that this doesn't deter the United States from continuing it's mission of exploration and experimentation--their recent accomplishments, including the Mars landings, but more especially the International Space Station, have been very impressive. I hope they continue to stride forward.

AND for a change, I was impressed with something George W. Bush said, although he was quoting and elaborating on a far greater man's words.

My heart and prayers are with the families of those brave souls who were lost.

Quinn