1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Sniped :laugh:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You must be up early in the morning just so you can post spam.

3. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Wel since i live in Europe and you in the states i'm always earlier :)

(we are spamming the spam thread so i'll stop before the :batty: gets here)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

That's not spamming, it's muffining, there's a difference. And we call it being "ziffled" instead of "sniped". I'd recommend you take a look through the MC Dictionary thread, though you'll have to search for it with the Titles Match option selected. *Leaves muffins after deleting another stupid spambot from Fakistan.

5. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

6. MikaelaMuppet

7. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

8. The Count

9. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

10. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

11. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

12. The Count

Thanks guys, all of these have been deleted. Will have to contact Phil about one of these, something concerning just happened during the deletion. Maybe that will scare him into putting tougher anti-spam measures in place.

13. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Wow.. No Spam!

muppetperson and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  14. The Count

Just because there's no spam to report doesn't mean there weren't any spambots. Reported a total batch of 11 from last night/this morning, though it's possible the administration may have tweaked the system so that new spambots can't/don't post any spam, but that's just speculation on my part. :shifty:

15. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

So refreshing to come here and not have to navigate through spam posts. It was getting a daily thing and I was thinking of not surfing here during US late times.

Phillip and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

17. The Count

Hi Snowth. Yep, those two accounts are duplicate spambots, not because of the identical birthdays but because they both promote the same spam website as their homepage as noted in their individual profiles. If they posted crap when they first joined back in April of this year, then I most probably already banned them when deleting their spam. If they never posted anything, then I'm unable to ban them now as it's past the first month of their membership here. Either way, thanks for the post. ;)

18. MikaelaMuppet

Looking at Today's Birthdays, I noticed that almost all of them are spammers except for one.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It would seem that every member having a birthday today is a spam account.

20. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think that's the kind of avatar imagery you'd want on this site, plus they're all females turning 28, hmm something's off I wonder what it could be... :p

D'Snowth likes this.