1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Spammers must pay
  2. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

Someone should do something! And just look at ethanee's profile, his occupation says COMPUTER (what kinda job is that?) :rolleyes:. I'm just surprised he didn't put his location as "The Internet". :D
  3. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

Me, spammer? Are you nuts? Why, I wouldn't count on it! :attitude:

I'd laugh if ethanee's location is THE INTERNET. :D
  4. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

Did you get my SPAM alerts e-mail about the posts by ethanee? Prosecute this user at once! Check his profile.
  5. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Oh, Pollick dude in the other spam post we were gonna tar and feather him!!
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Links above were deleted.

I didn't get any email yet. If you send email to me via my personal email address be sure you're putting information in the subject line that'll catch my eye or I'll end up deleting it.

Also, when posting information to me about Spam posts, post them here and include links like Vic did above.

Thanks for the help folks.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Have there been any other spam posts lately?
  8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I have not seen any lately. They must have been frightened away! :o
  9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

The war against spam will continue.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

26 spammer killed by a roadside bomb 260 emege for the reckage like cochroachs film @ 11pm
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I got a groovey PM spam! First ever!

ashleyleng: Hi my friend,do you want find some chance to earn dollars? I can tell you that I can help
    you.I currently do the business of whloesale dvd9,and it is well-made ,the quality is perfect.But it not expensive,it is only $3 per disk.if you instrested about this please
    contact me . My Email address is(removed). Trust me ,trust your self ,you can win $$$.
    thanks very much.

(Beau, I removed the email address to be rid of this person. Kev)
  12. Muppetsdownunder

I got this too, and there I was thinking it might have been only me who got this deal, lol.
  13. Muppetsdownunder

I wouldnt email him if I was you either.
  14. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

If I listed every spam e-mail I received I'd have to list the ones about meeting lonely women in my area, how to make money on e-bay, miracle drugs, cheap DVDs and CDs, financial and insurance advise, surveys about which soda is better, etc. and a really terrific offer from somebody over in Africa to split the inheritance of a wealthy businessman who passed away but his relatives can not be found . . . Did I forget any?
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just delete it and move on.
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

The really weird thing (that I think MC needs to look into) is:
    a. How she got her name NOT to appear in the address field.
    b. AND (because I got it too!) was her join date!!!
    Has someone figured out how to hack MC? This may be something a little more dangerous then just harmless spam! :eek:
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Vic is right! Her join date is "1970" in the PM I got.
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh, so I'm not the only one who got this....WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  19. Kimp the Shrimp

i got the spam alaso
  20. Fozzie Bear

These were PMs and E-mails via MuppetCentral.com; not the regular run of the mill spam mailings.

I got one and a PM as well. Just delete them.

Anytime you get mail from someone and the subject line is blank or you don't recognize the sender or the subject's message...delete it.