1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I hope no real damage could be done.
    I think this site is only having these problems because its using a very popular forum software and theres people out there who devote their time to hack and make programs to send bulk messages in forums using this software.
  2. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Just to report, I also got a spam PM from the user ashleyleng. Same as Beau described.
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Did everyone get one?
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Wait a minute... Beau; your's had her with a different join date!? :confused: How did they do that!?
  5. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Okay, this dink just spammed me, too. Sent me a private message.
    Can we just drop a piano on them or something?

(Hi, I removed the e-mail information for safety. You do NOT want to email these people and let them know you have a live e-mail address becasue if you do, then they will FLOOD you and sell your e-mail address to other groups/businesses. Kev)
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I think the best (worst?) thing about the PM spam was how pathetic their spelling and grammar was. Yeah; I'm really gonna' do bussiness with someone who rites ths liek. :confused: :eek:
  7. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Many SPAMMERS spell words intentionally wrong in order to get around SPAM filters.
  8. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

I got one about DVDs. How could she join in 1969?????? D'Snowth's right, we're under attack! Hide!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Under attack? I've been feeling that way lately, too. Seems that there's a lot of unstable-ness around here lately. Kind of sad, really. If it's not someone who's in a bad mood and posting, it's these awful spammers.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

I got the PM one about DVD's too. If everyone got it then yeah i guess they are using a program to bulk mail the members list. I was thinking something could be done to ban their IP addresses but then i guess they can probably get round that too.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Hackers. Hate 'em.
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Ooh, I love hackers... with a little holansaise sauce and a side of corn bread, Mmm mmm, I'm gonna' go serve me up some hackers! Yum-yum!
  13. Fozzie Bear

CORNBREAD?! I thought you were from Jersey! (Must have some Suthun' Roots?) :D
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

:o
    Pork roll then?
  15. pollick529

pollick529 New Member

Hackers. I spit on them! Ptooey! :attitude:
  16. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

I wonder if this is real people spamming or bots....probably bots. I hate em. They're so robotic.
  17. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

18. Fozzie Bear

Starting to think twice about those video offers, now... :D :crazy:
  19. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How do we know if it is a spammer?