1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Jul 22, 2005.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

New R1 Disney Muppet DVD plans

I was at ultimatedisney.com and spotted this
    source:ultimatedisney.com

Sounds promising ;)
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

How about Special Edition DVD's of "Muppets Take Manhattan" and "Muppets From Space"?
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Rights are tied up with Sony, but even if they weren't I doubt MFS is next on the special edition list.
  4. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Why oh why do these companies rip the cash from our pockets so willingly?!?! :grouchy:
  5. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Better question, why oh why do we keep giving them our cash? Oh wait, I know the answer to that- Because we love the muppets. This is such WONDERFUL news, because I don't own a copy of The Muppet Movie, and that needs to change. But is it guaranteed that it will actually happen? Because if it is, I might actually start actively looking for a job... :)
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME MAN!!!!!!! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :crazy: :) I already own MCC and TMI on disney dvd, and TMM and TGMC when Disney released em back in 1993, but I dont own the dvds of em! this is sooo great!!! You gotta say YOU LOVE Disney now!!! lol :flirt:
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

What is the legal tie up with Sony?
  8. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Apprently Sony/Tri-star partially owns the rights or somehting.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder how hard it would be for Columbia/ Tri-Star to release new special edition DVDs of The Muppets take manhattan and Muppets from Space (although I think the only feature that would eed to be added to the Muppets from Space DVD would be deleted scenes)? Would Sony need Disneys involvement, or just approval?

I was sure that Disney would release special edition DVDs of the first two movies soon, but I was surprised to hear that they plan on releasing new DVDs of MCC and MTI as well.

Now if only Disney will announce that they will release Muppets Tonight! and The Jim Henson Hour.....
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Jim Henson Hour is so split up it would not pay to release it as it's own DVD set. Perhaps the muppet television partas that Disney owns will make it into other DVDs as extras.

I am glad MTI and MCC are being released as special editions. I really want to see those in wide screen. I wonder what extras there will be though. MTI's DVD had a pretty good set of stuff already.
  11. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

What I wanna know is when "Sam & Friends" will come to DVD. They gave us Sullivan (yay for the existence of the DVD, boo to the cover art), now let's have Sam & Friends! You know you want it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

That's a job for a different compnay now. Sam and Freidns is in the hands of the Jim Henson Compnay. The problem is, hardly anyone knows of the show. At least with the Ed Sullivan stuff they could use the famous Ed Sullivan name.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) <---- Is about all I can say!!!!
  14. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Awesome. Hope they dig up some rarely-seen S&F segments. :D
  15. TotallySpiesFan

I guess you are right. What we need to do is email Sony to release a two-disc special edition of "Muppets Take Manhattan" for Summer 2006. What is their email address?
  16. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

TotallySPiesFan, a 2-disk special addition would be AWESOME. I hate getting hyped up about something though, if we aren't sure it is going to happen.

-Drake.
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

TotallySpiesFan is only saying it would be cool. I think it would take alot on our part to make that happen.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

While this is great news, I was hoping that Disney would have announced that they were releasing something to DVD that hasn't previously been released on video or DVD, like the MuppeTelevision segments of The Jim Henson Hour (which I mentioned), Little Muppet Monsters, The Muppets at Walt Disney World (why didn't Disney release this special on video in the early 1990s?), The Muppets Go Hollywood (which will probably be on the muppet movie special edition) or The Muppets Go To The Movies (which could either be a feature in the great muppet caper special edition or on ofthe muppet show season sets).

As for re-releasing things that have already been availible on video, i was hoping that Disney would have mentioned releasing the muppet show compilation videos released by Playhouse video in 1985.
  19. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Are there any chances of Muppet Babies being released on DVD?
  20. TotallySpiesFan

They haven't got to it yet.