Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

MWoO

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
While this is great news, I was hoping that Disney would have announced that they were releasing something to DVD that hasn't previously been released on video or DVD, like the MuppeTelevision segments of The Jim Henson Hour (which I mentioned), Little Muppet Monsters, The Muppets at Walt Disney World (why didn't Disney release this special on video in the early 1990s?), The Muppets Go Hollywood (which will probably be on the muppet movie special edition) or The Muppets Go To The Movies (which could either be a feature in the great muppet caper special edition or on ofthe muppet show season sets).

As for re-releasing things that have already been availible on video, i was hoping that Disney would have mentioned releasing the muppet show compilation videos released by Playhouse video in 1985.
This I agree with. It would be really cool to have some of these specials in some kind of best of box set.

Question though. Why would Disney want to rerelease the muppet show compilation stuff? They are releasing entire season box sets. The reason those compilations got released was because at the time people would never buy an entire series, or at least companies would not produce them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Question though. Why would Disney want to rerelease the muppet show compilation stuff? They are releasing entire season box sets. The reason those compilations got released was because at the time people would never buy an entire series, or at least companies would not produce them.
I don't know if Disney would want to rerelease them, but the compilations that I am referring to had new linking footage in addition to clips, something that didn't happen with later compilation tapes. Most of them had different settings as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually released them, since Disney has started releasing family marketed DVDs of classic Disney shorts which have previously been released on the pricier Disney Treasures collection. I gues these could be features on the season sets. after all, there were ten of these, so two of each could be included on each boxed set, but so far they haven't been announced on the sets (although last time i checked the features listing still ended with "....and much more!").

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is great news! Of course, I own those four movies on DVD, but special editions are always nice! Especially widescreen for Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island!

Although, do you think they'll edit out Big Bird during the "Movin' Right Along" number? What about all those non-Muppet Show characters that appear at the very end of the Muppet Movie? Or Oscar the Grouch's cameo in Great Muppet Caper?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd say those appearences are already covered...

...er...not covered up, um, covered...

Anyway, I am always awesomely surpised at no release of Muppet's at WDW. Why would they not want to release something we are asking for that is pure atvertistment for WDW??? I mean, D'uh!

MWoO

Reaction score
Well it's not that great of an advertisement now. It's like 15 years old, but I see your point none the less.

I do not see why those would be edited out. The only possible reason would be if SW made a huge deal about it and I doubt they would.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Uncle Matt, your right.. I do think it would take a lot of "influence" from the fans to get them to do something like this. That's not saying it couldn't be done, it just depends on how many people actually would push for them to do something like this.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This is great news--I've been waiting to buy some of those movies, because I only have them on VHS and I was hoping for a big splashy release from Disney. Yay! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
YES. I have NEVER seen GMC, and cannot locate it or TMM anywhere on DVD at used stores or anything!!! I also haven't seen MCC in years, and my TMI disk has a small fault in it when the picture seizes in between a certain scene change. So PARTY ON, I will be buying every single one of the disks mentioned. :big_grin:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I'm surprised no has mentioned the most important thing, will Disney release "TMM" film uncut?. Before some asks what was cut this will answer your question :wink: : CLICK TO VIEW

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Huh, MuppetDanny, that's funny because a few of those changes are on my friend's tape, for example the talking over the credits, but others aren't, like on the tape Hope that Someting better Comes Along has the verse missing.
Though it's not the case with Emmet Otter for legal reasons, I have faith that if they call it a Special Edition, it will be special and uncut. (However, the jury is still out on the season 1 box set for openings, that set won't be very special if it's cut!)