Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I have faith that if they call it a Special Edition, it will be special and uncut.
I doubt it :frown: The last few times it has been the same print (both on VHS & DVD) However if Disney managed to release rarely seen stuff on "TMS" box set then we might see something special for "TMM" & "TGMC" :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
and my TMI disk has a small fault in it when the picture seizes in between a certain scene change.
Does it freeze and stay frozen, or does it freeze up and then keep going? If it's the latter, it's probably just a dvd layer-change. They're on most dvd releases, but some hide them better than others. Some players handle them better than others as well.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It freezes up, then continues almost instantly. It's just a little annoying, as well. It stays frozen a little longer on my dvd player than it does on the computer. It's almost as if, to make a crude example, the image stays on the same frame longer than it should, and then catches up to where it should be.
I was wondering if I should exchange it, or is that just a routine thing?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
It freezes up, then continues almost instantly. It's just a little annoying, as well. It stays frozen a little longer on my dvd player than it does on the computer. It's almost as if, to make a crude example, the image stays on the same frame longer than it should, and then catches up to where it should be.
I was wondering if I should exchange it, or is that just a routine thing?
This is most likely just a layer-change on the dvd. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that newer and/or more expensive high end dvd players manage this more smoothly. Mine does what yours does. I've noticed it on a lot of dvds, but sometimes they do a better job of hiding it by putting it in a scene change that has already faded to black or something like that. But you'll probably notice this in quite a few dvds. Just par for the course...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the original trailers

Does anybody know if the original theatrical trailers for The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet caper still exist? it seems like these weren't on the previous DVDs.

Also, can anybody transribe the dialog heard during the credits?

Xela

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate when you buy the movies, then they come out in a 'special edition' type thing. Because that's exactly what happened to me!

Oh well!

I am excited about them releasing The Muppet Movie, because that's the only one I currently don't have. And it's my favorite.

And..I will be able to stop renting it from Blockbuster. :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Does anybody know if the original theatrical trailers for The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet caper still exist? it seems like these weren't on the previous DVDs.
Yes: they both show up on eBay from time to time, and I have 35mm prints of the US and German theatrical trailers for TMM.

Also, can anybody transribe the dialog heard during the credits?
I dunno about a transcript but isn't it playing on MC Radio?

The 'standard' release of TMM isn't "cut" as such. There are actually two different edits of the movie; the one that's been generally available on home video for the last 25 years is the 94-minute cut which (AFAIK) is the one released to cinemas everywhere except the UK, which got the other edit. This runs to around 97 minutes, and was briefly available on VHS and laserdisc in the UK during the 80s. I don't think that either edit could be regarded as the 'definitive' version, they're just different. (As a side note for those of you who might have a copy of the UK home video release of the 97-minute edit: these copies were taken from a badly damaged print and are in fact missing several minutes anyway.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
anathema said:
Yes: they both show up on eBay from time to time, and I have 35mm prints of the US and German theatrical trailers for TMM.
Can you tell me what clips are included in the trailer?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I can't wait to see. I don't have them both. I had a recored version and then I missed placed it and was pretty mad that I did. I hope to see more then I did on the older versions.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Could the cuts be due to poor film preservation?

Sometimes such things happen and new looping or other film takes must be substituted for faulty film preservation. This could be a reason some things were cut out of the film. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the cuts were made for completely arbitrary reasons. Maybe even to save a few feet of video tape to make a few extra bucks in the homevid market. Hmmm. :concern: