Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The only Muppet Christmas anything I purely and 100% loved is MFC. MCC- I don't like when muppets role play, VMMC- definitely had issues but it was tolerable and it put Kermit back in the spotlight, and LTS- is the movie Frank should've said was too cute. The dog is stealing the cheese, Kermit's mad at Piggy and it's really only 4:30. :stick_out_tongue:
I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean by "the dog is stealing the cheese"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They said it was. Disney had previously announced that they were moving the special because of the new movie. Possibly the first time they moved it had nothing to do with ti, but the second time they moved it, I'm positive they called that the reason.
It was postponed the first time for good reason. They would have given it a rush job. There wasn't the time to write a solid script and film the thing with the luxury of a nice long, loose schedule. That's the question... would we really want a rushed project? I think LTS was very good, but the ending petered out worse than the last film. It really should have had at least 2 more rewrites before it went to air.

Then the second time around, they postponed it because that's when they thought they were going to start filming the next film. This would be the year to do that special, but then the writers are working on next year's film. Who knows when that's going to start filming.

And I wonder... will this project happen either? If they want the film by next year, they kinda have to start filming by the end of this one.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The sequel coming out next summer is more then likely out of the question. Nick said that wasn't being realistic despite Disney wanting a summer release. But if Disney really wants a 2013 release I think your gonna be looking at another holiday release which is fine by me. Although an early 2014 release at this point might be more realistic.

I have no doubt a new movie is coming though. No doubt what so ever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's a problem with some studios, is that they get anxious for the movie to be finished and released that it becomes sloppy and rushed: on average, when you're working on a typical movie, you're looking at a good year and a half to two years' worth of work, and that's just for the actual production, filming, post-production, editing, etc. So if Disney's wanting a summer release for the sequel, we're looking at possible problems like rushed/sloppy story telling, plot holes, etc.

We should be glad this isn't an animated movie, because those can sometimes take upward of five years to finish.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think Disney is gonna get a summer release at this point anyways. If Kermit said they were hoping to start filming early next year your highly looking at another holiday release. But who knows all I know is 2013-2014 release I am still excited and ready for a new muppet movie. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a problem with some studios, is that they get anxious for the movie to be finished and released that it becomes sloppy and rushed: on average, when you're working on a typical movie, you're looking at a good year and a half to two years' worth of work, and that's just for the actual production, filming, post-production, editing, etc. So if Disney's wanting a summer release for the sequel, we're looking at possible problems like rushed/sloppy story telling, plot holes, etc.
That's why LTS had such a truncated ending, and the fact that the other Muppets pretty much disappeared for most of the project. We'd HATE to see that happen in the next film. I do not by any means mind waiting till 2014 for a quality Muppet film. The last film had at least a few years in gestation. Probably could have used just a little more time to hammer out a stronger ending.

If that's the case, I think that there could be time for them to film the Halloween special, but I doubt they really finished the script they had.

Still, we'll probably get that Christmas thing instead.

zoebell

Reaction score
i hope we start to hear some news about this going forward soon. it's been fairly quiet recently, and i actually heard james bobin is directing some other movie now. i hope the sequel hasn't been pushed to the backburner

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm still keeping an optimistic attitude that 2013/2014 a sequel is coming. And I still think regardless it's gonna be a great film.