Spider-Man 3 Teaser Trailer!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I think this teaser confirms all of the rumors that Venom will either be in this movie or in the fourth one, and that Harry Osborn is definitely the next Green Goblin!:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
My computer has a hard time playing videos like this, so I can't watch it. Can some one describe it to me?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
My computer has a hard time playing videos like this, so I can't watch it. Can some one describe it to me?
Sure. I'll even tell you some of my favorite parts of it.:smile:

Well, sadly, they didn't start out with the Columbia Pictures or Marvel Comics logo; instead, they began with an awesome CGI effect of the camera moving across the texture of Spider-Man's red costume. You can tell it's Spidey's classic costume, because they then show some white strips.

Then big "Spidey-like" words appear on the screen: "How Long...."

Those words disappear as we move across more areas of Spidey's costume, and then more words appear, continuing the question: "Can Any Man Fight The Darkness...."

And as those words disappear, a black gooey substance begins to flow over all of the white and red that we've been seeing (which is obviously the symbiote taking over Spidey's costume). And then these words appear, concluding the question: "Before He Finds It In Himself?"

Then we pan back to reveal a totally alternated version of the spider insignia on his chest, and we see Spider-Man in full figure, wearing the black costume! We see him crouching on the side of a building and then falling from it fast. We cut to a different scene where Spidey is in some kind of bell tower, looking as if he's freaking out over the costume.

There is a brief image of Harry Osborn, sitting in what appears to be a balcony and grinning, then we cut back to the bell tower, as Peter begins ripping off his mask. Then there's an image of Eddie Brock, looking up and saying "Parker?"

An image of a worried Mary Jane Watson appears, accompanied by a voiceover of her asking, "What's happened to you?" We cut to Peter lying in bed, wearing his Spidey costume (for some unknown reason), and as he's resting, the symbiote begins to crawl its way onto his right hand. An image of Peter in a different time and scene looking worried appears, accompanied by a voiceover of him saying, "I have to stop it."

More scenes of Peter as he starts tearing his entire black costume apart; there's a marvelous (pun intended) image of him as he tears the back apart, revealing nothing but his bare back.

After the words "NEXT SUMMER" appear, we cut to a great montage of scenes that include: Spidey (in the red and blue costume) soaring high across New York's skyline, a monster-sized Sandman towering over security guards and pulverizing them with a mighty wave of sand (the CGI is marvelous in this effect, because you can actually see a resemblance to Thomas Haden Church), Peter and Mary Jane kissing on a giant web (think of Spider-Man 2 on this one), Spidey (in the black suit) falling out of nowhere and landing on a balcony, and Harry Osborn in a Green Goblin outfit (with Green Goblin gadgets) that's far different from what his father had in the first movie (he's gliding on what appears to be a snowboard version of the Goblin's glider).

The words, "THE GREATEST BATTLE..." appear.

Then we see Spider-Man (in the black costume) firing two web strands in the air, as Flint Marko (a.k.a. "The Sandman") glares at him in what looks like a subway tunnel. We then see Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey dancing together, right before we see Mary Jane Watson lying on the ground, looking up and crying next to what looks like a wedding ring.

Spidey falls down the side of a building in his red/blue costume, a pumpkin bomb explodes right near Harry Osborn's face; Peter (in a suit and tie) soaring across the air and trying to catch a wedding ring; the word "LIES" appears to continue the previous words that appeared; Harry (or should I say, The Green Goblin II) attempts to punch someone that was once attached to a brick wall but moved just as he came in, making him crash through the wall on his glider; an image of Harry and MJ looking passionately at one another, and Peter looking stunned (don't know if this is in the same atmosphere or what); Spidey (in the black costume) swinging away on a web line, as a waves of water splash all around him.

The last two images are separated by the apperance of the word "WITHIN", as Peter rips open his shirt to reveal the black costume, and the symbiote Spider-Man hanging upside down near a glass building. The last image is the coolest, as the black Spidey looks at his reflection in one of the windows of the building to see only his red/blue costumed self looking back at him.

The number "3" appears with a webbed-up background, right before the release date (May 4th, 2007) appears as well.

This is one of the greatest teaser trailers that I've ever seen, and I can't wait to see it on the big screen, right before Superman Returns starts.

If you want to see actual images of this teaser, there's a site with screencaps of everything that I'd described in heavy detail above.:smile:

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/gallery/album47?page=1

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! I mean, Wow! It's so...Wow!!!

But who is Gwen? Who IS she??? And why is she so pasionatly dacing with Mary Jane's man???

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just your friendly neighborhood bat swooping down to help answer some questions.

Bo... Gwen Stacey was Peter Parker's main love interest before Mary Jane Watson came on the scene. It was she, not MJ as implied in the animated series, who was killed on the GW Bridge during one of Spidey's battles with the Green Goblin.

Also, there are two key deaths that probably take place, I'm getting this info from an article with spoilers posted at www.filmic.com as posted over in a similar thread at CMX.
Oh, and there's a great scene where Spidey's in a fatal fourway against all three baddies. Will wait till being asked to reveal the last name from the group, so as not to spoil it for those who don't want to know.

*Swoops back out of the thread on vampire winged glider.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Three badies? Sandman, Goblin...who is the third? Oh, himself, I suppose/Venim.