Spider-Man 3 Teaser Trailer!!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thank you so much muppetwriter!!! I greatly appeciate(spelling?) this!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually Bo...
Spider-Man goes through some soul searching in this film, flipping between hero and anti-hero good guy on the border of bad guy.
Venom is a completely different character, don't confuse him/it with Black Suit Spider-Man.
Sandman is the second main villain in this movie and is present in the big fatal fourway showdown.
Green Goblin II is also present, though he starts off as a villain and according to the article does a 180 and ends up as a good guy.

However, in the trailer teaser, if you look hard for the hidden cameo, you'll spot a fourth villain for a split-second during the frakus.
Won't spill that one lessin' I'm asked bout it.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Thank you so much muppetwriter!!! I greatly appeciate(spelling?) this!!!
No problem.:smile:

Count, do you have an idea who the fourth villain is? PM me as soon as possible, man!!!:crazy::big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooooh! A fouth Villian?

And who then is Venim? Forgive me for my Spidey ignorence.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries Bo. Glad to help out someone learn, after all I need that kind of help from time to time as well.

Let's see, how to explain how Venom is...
Well, the first thing is, you know that Peter Parker works at the Daily Bugle right? OK, there's another reporter there named Eddie Brock who gets a bit jealous and angry that Peter always gets the scoop before he does.

Now, I don't know how it'll get treated in the movie, nor exactly how it is in the comics books, but here's how it generally goes.
There are these creatures known as "symbiots", living sentient beings that are basically masses of black ooze. They attach to a host being and take it over, turning them into lethal or more ruthless and agressive beings. The symbiot first bonded with Peter, and then it adopted the form of his classic Spider-Man uniform because Peter willed it at the moment. Sort of a quick-change ability, making for an instant uniform without needing to actually change from his normal clothes to any spare uniform he'd need at that moment.
This is what we refer to as "Black Suit Spider-Man".

After Peter started to study what the symbiot was and what it was doing to him, he doesn't like what's happening to him... And eventually rejects the suit, though the suit doesn't want to let go... Until he finds out that loud sounds like being directly next to tolling church bells or rocket engines hurts, and even dislodges the symbiot from its host.
The symbiot loses its hold on Peter... But then Eddie Brock finds it, which holds the knowledge of Peter's secret identity, and the anger inside him makes it the perfect host. When the symbiot merges with Eddie, it creates a new being known as Venom. Not only does Venom have the knowledge of who Spider-Man is, but it also has all of the original's abilities.

And if that weren't enough, there are three other symbiot characters, but it's not important at this time... Wouldn't want to muddle things for you.
LMK if you want to know the 4th villian, and I'll PM you Bo... If your PM box's got some space that is.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Another weakness of the symbiote is fire. I believe that the forth villian might be(Warning! If you do not wish to find out about this piece of info do not read on. If you do, scroll down.)

Chameleon. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... Where did you get that info crazedgonzofa? Cause that's not the 4th villain info I got.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
crazedgonzofa's theory sounds probable; but the Chameleon might stand out a little from all of the other three villains in the next movie.

Count's theory is exactly what I've been thinking ever since I heard there was going to be a fourth villain. The villain himself and the guy that should play him would fit well together, and if Sam Raimi really cares about what the fans think, he'd bring this villain into the story and cast him with none other than the actor he's been working with since the late 1970s.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider... Sam Raimi has said he wanted to make this a dual trilogy with a total of six films. Would think that the fourth villain in Spider-Man 3 is more of a casual cameo, and would work better for the fourth film.
Also... The storyline of Spider-Man 3 will have some scenes setting up Dr. Kirk Conners' research, which would most probably lead to his transformation into the Lizard as one of the featured villains for hopefully the fourth movie as well.
Just some thoughts.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow! Six films?!:eek: I would've thought the fourth one would be the last. If he goes that far, Spidey will go down in history as the only superhero franchise to have that many movies. I'm hoping that the fourth movie won't end up in any way like the fourth Batman movie of 1997 or the fourth Superman movie of 1987 (which are the reasons we have Batman Begins and Superman Returns). I hope Sam will be the only director of the films, and I hope he'll make the movie as dark as possible and not in any way corny.

I have faith in the man, but we should not forget that this is the same guy that directed the Evil Dead flicks.:wink:

As for the story on the Lizard, it sounds awesome that they're going to do that for the upcoming film.