Spider-Man/Muppets Fanfic: The Spectacular

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Count. But by the time the next chapter gets in, you'll find out that Stanley wasn't exactly rescued by Venom and see what really happened to the Muppet child.

And I guess you can say I was inspired by that episode from the 90s cartoon, transforming both Thomas and Krassman into their versions of "The Lizard". Wait 'til you read Krassman's unbelievable story to brainwash the amnesiac Sean Thomas. It's insane!:crazy:

And thanks for the congrats. I can't remember ever writing a story so long while being a member here on MC.:smile:

I'll try to have more up soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... What I said was that Sean as the Lizard momentarily came to rescue Stanley "from" Venom, not that Stanley was rescued "by" Venom.
But is hokay... Am looking forward to what you have planned for us next with great relish.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Whoops!:embarrassed: Yeah, that was a typo. I knew what you were talking about, Count.:smile:

I was pretty drowsy on the hour that message was posted. Think I need to go back to drinking coffee. Haha!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay... We all make mistakes like that. Lately I have to read my posts before submitting because of how fast I type it sometimes omits certain characters.
Oh well... Awaiting the next chapter eagerly.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty-One

The sun eventually punched through the cloud cover, but the day remained cold and dank. But that didn’t seem to bother the two cold-blooded lizard creatures that stood in the shadows of the alleyway, as one of them expressed quite a bizarre story to the other. Sean listened closely to what Krassman was telling him and seemed to have believed every word of it.

Krassman knew that he had him eating out of his hands with the highly fictional story of a clan of humanoid lizard beings like themselves that were exterminated by the “evil” that was known as the Muppets and the humans associated with them (he threw in names that sounded slightly familiar to the amnesiac Sean, such as Spider-Man, Jenny, Ronnie, Edward Morbius, Stanley Thomas, and especially Lori Thomas). He then mentioned about their only allies who tried to prevent the genocide of their people but were unsuccessful: Scorpion, Hydro-Woman, Shocktress, Electrine, The New Goblin, Sandman and The Hobgoblin. And he didn’t forget to bring up the fact that their enemies recently defeated two of those allies.

Sean was buying into every word that Krassman was uttering, and he began to feel extremely furious as he pondered over it all. Even as the evening approached and Krassman had concluded his fairy tale, Sean was just about ready to hunt down his enemies and unleash havoc upon them all. But before he could’ve attempted to do just that, he and Krassman were approached by three figures that Krassman seemed to have expected and bought enough time with Sean to wait for: Nicky Holiday, Darla, and Carla.

Holiday’s appearance had transformed horrifically in recent days. His skin a turned to a pale, greenish, scaly complexion, his eyes were green and yet bloodshot, and the teeth in his mouth had turned into sharp fangs. The helmet he wore on his head had somehow fused with his skull, just like the rest of his armor had, making him seem more like an actual scorpion than a human being. Darla and Carla could barely even recognize him and were absolutely horrified of how much he had changed. They were almost afraid to contradict him during the time they were flanking him.

Even as Holiday spoke, his voice seemed deeper than before, hissing through each and every word. “Either I’m seein’ double or we have another freak on the team.”

“It’s Sean Thomas…he transformed just this morning.” Krassman informed, and noticing the suspicion on Holiday’s grotesque face, he quickly added, “And the best part is that he doesn’t remember a thing about himself. But I rectified that situation, as I explained to him about how our people had been wiped out by our adversaries.”

Noticing how Krassman had been winking his right eye as he put emphasis on his words, it didn’t take long for Holiday to catch on with what he was trying to tell him without undoing the brainwashing that he had placed the amnesiac Thomas under. “Very nice. It’s good to know that we’ve got more assistance to depend on as our final scheme approaches.”

“What’s the plan?” Krassman asked.

“Bitterman wants us to gather at the construction site to her new plaza, but not long before we kidnap us some Muppets.” Holiday explained. “Their final performance of their little show is tonight, and we’re gonna swipe them under their feet unexpectedly, as soon as they pull up to the front of their theatre.”

Krassman grinned. “Sounds like a marvelous plan to me.” He then turned in Sean’s direction. “What do you think, brother?”

“I just want to get my hands on those murderers! Right now!”

Krassman and Holiday chuckled with enthusiasm over Thomas’s new bloodthirsty attitude, while Carla and Darla seemed very intimidated by it, terrified over the thought of there being two lizard monsters instead of just one.

“Too bad Marla and Marko couldn’t have been part of this glorious plan…they would’ve loved it.” Holiday said, while expressing mock sincerity in his horrid voice. “Oh, well. I’ll make sure Bitterman throws a memorial service for the two, as soon as we take control of this town. I’ll even see to it that little Penny Marko gets a sweet little funeral, ‘cause I doubt if she’ll live to see her father’s.”

Holiday was about to laugh over his sick joke, but was robbed of the chance by an unexpected sandstorm that had immediately come over the dark alleyway. Once the sandstorm had subsided, two separate forms had appeared at the opening. Holiday and his group could barely believe their eyes when they realized that it was Flint Marko and Marla, both in their regular forms—no longer the mud monster that they were in the underground subway tunnel.

“That’s the last time you ever talk about my daughter that way, Holiday!” Marko angrily exclaimed.

Holiday tried not to seem too shocked by his sudden appearance as he addressed him. “Marko! What a surprise! I would’ve thought you and Marla were still in the Hudson River by now.”

Carla and Darla would have approached Marla and given her a big hug, if they weren’t too cautious of being drenched by the watery surface of her skin and electrocuted to death. Darla’s curiosity brought her to ask, “How were you two able to get yourselves apart?”

“Long story.” Marla replied. “Let’s just say while we were merged together like we were, Marko and I got to know a lot about each other…me more than him, in fact.” She gazed in Marko’s direction with a saddened expression on her face that Carla and Darla instantly took notice of. The two could only assume as they noticed it that Marko’s feelings for his ailing daughter had somehow transferred to Marla and left her feeling just the same way. And, frankly, they couldn’t have blamed her for gaining a conscience over all that had been occurring in recent days, since they had as well.

The only problems they faced in getting out of it all were the three monstrous reptilian creatures that seemed to have been running the show as of late, more so than Rachel Bitterman herself. Marko and Marla felt just the same way about them as Carla and Darla had—horrified and mortified that such monsters came about as a result of bizarre, wrongful science that they couldn’t comprehend in a million years.

“Well, the important thing is that you’re back amongst the living.” Holiday stated, again expressing false authenticity. “We’re about to get our payback on those d****d Muppets and that d****d Spider-Man for the very last time.”

Marko wasn’t buying into Holiday’s sincerity for a second. “Yeah, we heard that crackpot plan of yours and Bitterman’s. Sounds like something out of a ridiculous comic book to me.”

“Really, Nicky.” Marla added. “How certain are you and Miss Bitterman that it’s going to work?”

Holiday grinned as he approached her, making loud metallic stomps as he had done so. As he was frightfully close to her, she almost felt like throwing up from the putrid smell that he had given off—the smell of a man who hadn’t bathed in days—and the gross deformity of his once-human face. “I know it’ll work, because with our two lizard pals, Bitterman juiced up with that same Goblin formula that’d powered up Harry Osborn, and you and Marko back on the team, we’ve just quadrupled our efforts.”

Marko’s glare on Holiday was soon shifted upwards toward the horizon, as he suddenly spotted a familiar figure. “Well, how ‘bout we put that theory to the test, Holiday? ‘Cause here comes the wall-crawler now!” He pointed in the direction of the figure and everyone looked up to see the dark figure swing their way. Just as he was about ten feet away from them, Marko turned his right hand into a rocky fist and extended it far enough to smack against the body of the dark figure he believed to be Spider-Man, knocking him straight to the ground.

Soon after Spider-Man landed hard on the ground, Nicky Holiday stomped towards him and forcibly grabbed both sides of his body, turning it around to face his direction. “Time for the rematch, you son of a….”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

“WHOA!”

The horrified Nicky Holiday hurled the morbid, blackened monster across the air, far away from him and the rest of his group, who were just as shocked by whatever it was that they had thought was Spider-Man as Holiday was. The sinister creature didn’t fly too far, as it had clasped onto the wall and abruptly stopped its flight, much like Spider-Man would’ve in such a situation. But whatever this creature was that they were gazing upon, it definitely wasn’t Spider-Man. Spider-Man doesn’t have fangs and claws.

“What the h*ll happened to him?” Holiday exclaimed.

Marko took a careful glance at the monstrosity and came to a realization. “It isn’t him, Holiday.”

“No…it isn’t.” The monster uttered, with a soft and menacing voice. “I’m something more deadly, more dangerous than that web-slinger can ever fear to become. I used to be Eddie Brock…but you guys can address me as…VENOM!”

Holiday and his team exchanged doubtful, cautious looks. He then turned back to the abomination and said, “Alright…Venom. Give us one reason why we shouldn’t make you one with the pavement!”

“Because I want Spider-Man and the Muppets as dead as you all do.”

This perked up Marko’s ears just as much as it had everyone else’s. Spider-Man had massively inconvenienced him; darn near killed him, and Marla along with him. He certainly wouldn’t mind seizing the opportunity to take that punk down with his foamed friends. Whatever sympathy he’d felt for Spider-Man over his personal loss was long gone. Considering the grief that Spider-Man had caused him, returning some aggravation would be a pleasure.

“That’s why I came looking for you all.” Venom continued. “Oh, yeah, I know all about you people. Like how the Muppets kicked your butts years ago at the Mallory Gallery, prevented you from making a breakthrough in mind-wiping frogs, and…oh, yes…the fact that Spider-Man won’t let you help your poor daughter, Marko? It…just doesn’t seem right to me! None of it!” He unclasped himself from the wall and stood upright on the ground, approaching the group calmly. “That’s what I’ve come to you with a bit of leverage.”

Venom snarled ferociously as he turned to the wall again and pounded a fist against it, creating quite a tremor that nearly knocked Holiday and his team off their feet. But they kept themselves standing straight long enough to see something fall and dangle in the air, only a few feet above their heads. It was none other than
a frightened Stanley Thomas, wrapped up from his neck down in what appeared to have been black webbing. Tears were streaming down from his eyes and he mumbled in fear, as he looked down at the people below him, including the “Arla’s,” who were appalled to have seen how an innocent child had been caught in the midst of all this.

“This is the cousin of two of the most annoying people I have ever met in my entire life and—if I’m correct—a Muppet…just like the ones you’ve been despising for some time now.” Venom stated. “My guess is that they’ll be looking for him, and once we get the word out about his kidnapping, they’ll undoubtedly be coming for him with Spidey in tow.” The more Holiday and Krassman listened to his idea, the more they began to appreciate this Venom character. “The perfect set-up to the perfect onslaught, if you ask me. And as a bonus…”

He slammed his fist against the wall opposite of the one that he hit before, and something else wrapped up in Venom’s black webbing fell from above and dangled above them.
It was the C.O.V.N.E.T. agents that had been hunting him down, each and every one of them battered, bruised, and in an unconscious state at the time. Their black suits had nearly been ripped to shreds, signifying that they had undergone a fierce confrontation with the symbiote-powered monster.

“…I decided to throw in these idiots, seeing as how a few of them are Muppets as well, and the bald guy is an old pal to one of them. Besides, they’ve been p*****g me off ever since I landed here anyways.”

Holiday was so impressed by this bizarre stranger that he couldn’t help but to laugh out loud, as he gazed upon the webbed up Stanley and the C.O.V.N.E.T. agents. “I think we can work something out, Mister Venom. I know a certain woman who’ll be very pleased to meet you.”

Venom grinned at his new allies, unknowingly terrifying three of them (Marla, Darla, and Carla) as they were falling deeper and deeper into doubt of this master plan of theirs. Marko was slightly intimidated by him, but he didn’t appreciate how innocent children were being involved in the plan—it reminded him too much of the reason he was going along with it. And, meanwhile, the much more menacing Sean Thomas was keeping his gaze on the captured Stanley, who he slowly began to recognize as soon as Venom brought him into the picture.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff man... Krassman lost his accent though, and I noticed Shego as absent or MIA if you will... But this is coming along splendidly and I'm looking forward to the next part of this sensational story.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, Krassman lost his accent because of his mutation (hence the reason why I hadn't played around with much of his dialogue) and Shego's spine was shattered by the Black-Suited Spider-Man, so unless she has her own healing factor, don't expect to see much of her in the upcoming chapters.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK... Krassman could've kept his accent even due to his transformation, but that's your decision as the author and I respect it. Shego's spine shattered, well, that explains that. Although it may set up for a scene towards the end for you to bring in Dr. Mrs. Possible again... Just a thought.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I had almost left Krassman and Thomas saying words that begin and end with "s" in a hissing motion like thissssss, thusssss alternating their ssssspeech entirely.:smile: But I decided to drop that idea, because it'd make them seem too much like snakes.

And dropping Krassman's accent altogether would signify the drastic change that had come over him and show how far from human he is now. Besides, a German-speaking ten-foot humanoid lizard sounds a little weird, even for this story.:stick_out_tongue: Haha!