**Spoiler info** If you want to know the secret collector's club item...

gringo

Reaction score
Hey MWC,

I did not have holes in my bag, and I believe the staples were flat. There must have been a change in the production run.

Mark

Walterfego

Reaction score
Just for info, not that I think it matters, but my Invisible Beaker also has the holes in the bag. I also have the mislabeled Beaker from Wizard World and the bag material feels a bit different so I would assume they were done at different times. But like I said before, makes not difference to me. I'm not collecting plastic bags after all! :big_grin:

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

no, the feet move...go ahead, try twisting them. inviso Beaker just happens to be shipped in a bag, so they get spread out, where in the box, that wouldn't happen.
Thanks. I was afraid to twist, as some figures don't take too kindly to being manipulated. Nice to know I didn't get a defect.

Jackie

Reaction score
Just wanted to say my Invisible Beaker does not have any holes in the bag :smile:

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
My Beaker does have holes in the bag. It's like someone used a hole-puncher so he could breathe (like a puppy in a box).

beaker

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

Ok, being the huge beaker nut on here...what could be better than opening up your palisades box and finding not one, but two beakers? Hehe, now I gots custom painted matrix neo-Beaker,
VC beaker, and invisable beaker...and soon, MEGA beaker!
does the endless concerto of Beaker goodness ever end?

Though...to be honest, even tho noone told me what it was, I was convinced it was invisable fozie, being they had them recently at sdcc. Haven said that, when I saw it was invisable beaker as the surprise i was not surprised one bit. not disappointed mind you, but by variou scomments made by people who knew what it was...heck, I Was expecting some kind of secret Pepe prototype. Anyways, Invisable Beaker is by far the rarest variant out there, so its good to see Palisades giving em to us. Ack, now to get that Palisades Muppet dvd promo and those packaged series 2 figures auctioned off at SDCC!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>However, it appears that there is a difference between the actual Invisible Beaker at the party, and the one going out to the 500 club members. Let me rephrase - a difference in the package.

Not to get everyone's fur up, I'm just checking so I can have an accurate portrayal in the archive<<<

Oh my goodness!!!!!! Club Invisabeaker has punch holes and industry invisabeaker has flat staples...oh no, now being an insane colelctor I have to have both versions. sheesh. I Seriously hope people dont get that far deteriated in the mind. Though sadly, I can imagine theres some wise guy on ebay selling it with that tagline. What a travesty that most of the Muppet figure sellers and some of the buyers even, just care about th emoney and collectabilty and not so much the nostalgia or love of the Muppets. grrrrrrrr!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Keep in mind the 'future'

I doubt that anyone will care right now, but one has to consider 20 years from now. Vintage collectors tend to look for the rarest items, and if there is a distinct difference between the first 350, and the second 500 produced, they'll care. Even more importantly, if there isn't a clear difference - that some of the second 500 are punched and some aren't and so some are indistinguishable from the party figures - they should be aware that someone selling an item on ebay as being from the first 350 could very well be lying.

Truth isn't a bad thing - what people do with it is up to them.

Michael
MWC

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
So....

My ladyfriend's sister works for Henson. We'd been asking her, if she could get the exclusives through Henson (mainly Vanishing Cream Beaker, because, come on, that's the coolest figure so far). Her sister said they could not, they could only get the regular figs and playsets at discount prices.

So anyway, last night my GF calls me and says, "Guess what I just got?"

I say, "A new man."

She says, "Besides that."

I say, "What?"

She says, "Invisible Beaker." Now in my mind I think VANISHING CREAM BEAKER because that's what we'd been pestering her sister for.

So I go over to her pad later and we have dinner and I say, "Well where's MY invisible Beaker?"

She laughs and says, "Yours? It's mine!" Then she says, "Well, if you want to se it now, then you can't have it for Christmas, and I keep it. But if you wait, you get it then."

As i said before I'm thinking it Vanishing Cream Beaker, which I just joined the Palisades club for. So I say, "Lemme see it."

Well, turns out it's INVISIBLE BEAKER from the July 6th Party (At least that's the date on it.) So I immediatly regret saying i wanted to see it. LOL!

No I'd like to get every fig, but I don't need every fig in EVERY package (I save that fanatacism for my WWF LJN collection), but now you better believe I'm SERIOUSLY hoping I was one of the first 500 folks! I don't know if it looks good or not cause I just payPal-ed my money this week!

Moral: Listen carefully!

JF

P.S. Oh and there were holes in the bag. :big_grin:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Re: Keep in mind the 'future'

Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
I doubt that anyone will care right now, but one has to consider 20 years from now. Vintage collectors tend to look for the rarest items, and if there is a distinct difference between the first 350, and the second 500 produced, they'll care. Even more importantly, if there isn't a clear difference - that some of the second 500 are punched and some aren't and so some are indistinguishable from the party figures - they should be aware that someone selling an item on ebay as being from the first 350 could very well be lying.

Truth isn't a bad thing - what people do with it is up to them.

Michael
MWC
More significantly for the long run, these extra invisible Beakers wind up making the bagged Vanishing Cream error Beakers the rarest Beaker now.