SS cast

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it was Elmiilo Delgado who i emailed. and did write to her once and i didn't get a reply from her. with Rogers i once inquired about those cast members who were on in the early days. rememebr Carroll Saunders, Yoshi Itto, Elsie Neal? for some reason he didn't say other than it was good to know you rememebr them. 1 person I talk to is Bernadette Yao from the original Zoom series. the one who was famous for her arm trick. he doesn't visit very often but i've asked to a few question and she's replied.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Actually, I think Susan was a nurse from the very first season. Also in the very first season, Bob was a shop teacher. I have a 45 rpm record with the Sesame Street Theme on one side, and "Hello" on the other side, and all of the cast members introduce themselves.
That's interesting. I thought Bob was always a music teacher. I really couldn't picture him as a shop teacher. Of course, I believe you. After all the show was on over ten years before I was born. I'm just sort of surprised to learn that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
[/list] The adults responded "Well.... you build nests." Big Bird responded by building an actual-size nest in the middle of the street, and had Mr. Hooper begrudgingly go into it to validate its "importance."
Hmmm. I guess Big Bird forgot about that in the hurricane episode when he said he had never built a nest before.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
ok, i don't have a clue what y'all are talking about. i have not watched ss lately, i really would like a dvd of the hurricane eps to see what y'all are talking about.

Here's a question. What is Linda Bove, the deaf one on SS, doing now? I have always wondered what happened to her.

BJ

reevefan

Reaction score
That is what I would like to know too...

I also want to know about Barkley The Dog too! Seems that a lot of the older SS crew is AWOL anymore ever since Elmo took over...

somethingofafan

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Yes, Bob and Linda were definitely an item for many years on Sesame Street. There was even talk of having them get married, but it never happened. I heard that it was actually Bob McGrath who vetoed the idea of his TV character being married; I'm not exactly sure why.
Well, cast lists often list the actors' surnames as those of the characters as well (probably appeared on some obscure episode), and obviously the given names were the same, so it may have just been too confusing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I read that Bob was married in real life and had five sons, I guess he didn't want to pretend to be married to another girl. The question about what happened to Linda and Barkley is a puzzle. I know Barkley is Linda's dog, so I guess there's no sense in keeping her dog if she's not around. Though, in the Garfield strip they kept Odie after Lyman left. I don't know. Was it ever established Linda moved away or something or is she just not seen anymore?

Teletape

Reaction score
Kermit Love

I used to visit Kermit Love on the set in the 70's and worked with him at his puppet workshop on Great Jones Street in NYC. He used to make me practice my ABC's (mouth movements) with Oscar the Grouch! At the time, he was working on Snuggle, the fabric softner bear. I send Kermit a Xmas card every year and he usually calls me. Here is a pic of him at his 85th birthday party attended by a couple of Muppteers and friends.

http://www.lyonpuppets.com/kermitlove.html

-RT