1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

SS special on PBS (Oct. 24th, 9:00-10:30 PM)

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Princeton, Oct 23, 2006.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, I hope it comes back on tonight, or you get to purchase it.
  2. Ilikemuppets New Member

Some show about sharks is on where I live.
  3. The Count Moderator

Ungh... My national PBS affiliate, Channel 3 (known as Channel 40 WMTJ) is airing some 2005 Nova special. The other PBS affiliate, the local one, Channel 6 (WIPR) is airing Puerto Rican news/cultural programming. So I hope it'll air on Channel 3 at 10 PM instead... Or I hope to catch it in the AM on Thursday next. If not, then that's one more item for my wishlist this year.
  4. Ilikemuppets New Member

Says it's not airing for the next two weeks where I live.
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, the signal's been lost for over half an hour now, and it is NOT re-airing at 12:30 A.M. Thursday... so this REALLY sucks.
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, only ten minutes left, and PBS still hasn't fixed its signal, so I guess I missed it.:grouchy:
  7. BEAR Active Member

Sorry, Snowthy. Atleast you can still purchase it on DVD and watch it whenever you want.
  8. doctort13 Member

Darn it!!!

I missed the local broadcast, and probably won't stay awake for the reruns (all after midnight!!!). Looks as if I'll have to buy the DVD, or borrow it from our library in the future.
  9. BEAR Active Member

Ed, look for it after the Nova special. It should be on then!
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

I just saw it and it was awsome! I Caught Kevin and Marty training in what looked like Muppeteers on the China production. Big Bird was their to and he spoke some Chinees, LOL!
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kevin was training in China, and Marty was seen training in Bangladesh. I liked when he was telling the puppeteer to stop moving his head when he talked.
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, when you talk, you don't move the top of your head, you only move your jaw, LOL! That was one of Carolls first lessons when Jim was training him using a Rrowlf puppet.
  13. heralde Well-Known Member

Marty did say at The Museum event that the Muppet style of puppeteering is very specific and it was a challenge teaching people who weren't familiar with it.

Oh yeah, that's where I'd heard the head moving story before!

Still, I imagine it's also very rewarding at times.
  14. Erine81981 Active Member

Mine PBS isn't airing it until tomorrow. So I can't wait for tomorrow now.
  15. CoOKiE Member

Anyone in RI or the Eastern time Zone, know when it will be showing?
  16. Ilikemuppets New Member

It's aloty of hard work at time's but it can be rewarding, too. Of coures, what you may consider a reward can vary.

CoOKIE, I live east time and it came on at ten.
  17. heralde Well-Known Member

According to the PBS website, Independent Lens: The World According to Sesame Street will be shown again October 26th, 12:30am (Eastern). But you'd have to check your local listings.
  18. Whispers New Member

Oh that's tonight! I think I'll tune in right now to check it out... hmmm..
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

Actually it's Thursday, so tomorrow night.
  20. Whispers New Member

Really? So its on Thursday night then?