SS worries about obesity

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Thank You Dantecat. I am so embarrassed now! How could I have forgotten that was Jim Henson!!

beaker

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I read in a TV Guide that this season, Sesame Street is going to do some episodes about good health since they're worried that two many children in our society are becoming overweight.

Big Bird will teach us about exercise and Cookie Monster is supoosed to start eating healthier and less fattening foods.
Oh man, that will be like Koala giving up bamboo...I think the Sesame gang are ognna need to throw Cookie Monster an intervention.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
If SW is so concerned about obesity, then why are they airing commericials for McDonald's at the beginning of each show?

Dantecat

Reaction score
That's A Very Good Question! Anyone Else Know About This?

Because I Love McDonald's But I Eat It Every Now And Then!

BWSmith

Reaction score
Cookie Monster is supoosed to start eating healthier and less fattening foods.
It was only a matter of time before political correctness took its toll on SS's most outrageous muppet.

In related news, Sesame Street is also concerned about the adverse effects of poor grammar and lack of self-control, especially with regard to overeating.

Hence, Cookie Monster will be renamed "Carrot Monster". All scenes featuring Carrot Monster that involve eating will consist of a balanced, low-carb diet that is consumed slowly and deliberately, in small portions, and with no crumbs falling out of the monster's mouth and littering the floor, polluting the environment.

Also, Carrot Monster will no longer refer to himself in the third person or with objective and subjective pronouns switched. He will also practice subject-verb agreement. Hence, while the old Cookie Monster used to say "Me want to eat cookies" or "Monster want to eat cookies", the new Carrot Monster will instead say, "I would like to eat some vegetables."

Dantecat

Reaction score
WOW!!! :eek:

From Now On,Cookie Monster Is Going To Be Named Carrot Monster?????

Will He Still Be The Exact Same Monster???

This Is The Biggest,Strangest News I've Ever,Ever,Ever Heard!!!

:eek: :concern:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
BWSmith said:
Also, Carrot Monster will no longer refer to himself in the third person or with objective and subjective pronouns switched. He will also practice subject-verb agreement. Hence, while the old Cookie Monster used to say "Me want to eat cookies" or "Monster want to eat cookies", the new Carrot Monster will instead say, "I would like to eat some vegetables."
Ahhhh, sweet sarcasm...

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Cookie Monster to become Carrot Monster!!! This is news!!! Maybe he can take on an alter-ego and become Captain Vegetable's sidekick!!!

It is I
Captain Vegetable
With my sidekick,
Sir McCelery...

superfan

Reaction score
Ah, and then we can expect to see 'Fatkins'! A Muppet who tries a certain diet (*wink) and fails miserably....

Or an episode where Gordon munches on only Subway sandwiches for a week and the cast does its very first intervention!

"Gordon, you smell reek of onion!" says Susan.
"I love it!" smiles Oscar.