1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

SST 40th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My mom looking through the newspaper and found a ticket order for some SS 40 Year event. She ordered tickets and she sent me an email saying it'll have some of the puppeteers, cast members and Micheal Davis, the author of "Street Gang". Has anyone else heard of this event?
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Please elaborate. This sounds exciting! :excited:
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This is what she sent me:

SESAME STREET AT 40,
    A NIGHT OF CELEBRATION WITH THE LEGENDARY CAST
    January 30, 2009 • 7:00 p.m.
    “Sesame Street at 40” will be a night of celebration and discovery about a children’s TV show that reshaped the world. This once-in-a-lifetime event, crafted for an adult audience, features Frank Oz (Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster), Kevin Clash (Elmo), Caroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar), Sonia Manzano (Maria), Bob McGrath (Bob), Marty Robinson (Telly Monster, Snuffy), Fran Brill (Zoe and Prairie Dawn), David Rudman (Baby Bear), and composer/writer Tony Geiss. The group will assemble as a memorial tribute to New Jersey’s own Richard Hunt, the irrepressible and life-affirming wit behind a score of characters from “Sesame Street” and “The Muppet Show.” Michael Davis, author of the soon-to-be-published Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street, will be the evening’s moderator. This matchless event will illustrate how an incredible ca st of artists has been welcoming kids of all ages to the Sesame Street neighborhood for forty years.
  4. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Aw man, just where is the place ?
    I mean this is a one time event to see almost all of the SS Muppet cast. :)
  5. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Omg! Frank Oz will be there!:excited: Oh, this will be good! I wish I could go!:D
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

A Google search brings up that this event will be held at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. Tickets are $45 a person for non-university students. This is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity to see all these great people in person and I'll certainly try my best to be there!
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

OMG! This is so exiting!

I can't believe Frank Oz will be there! :insatiable: :( :super:

I gotta see this thing!
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

Don't know how I missed this thread yestrday but I just ordered my ticket. I can't wait!

--Matt
  10. fleecenotfelt

fleecenotfelt Member

OMG! Willie P is totally in my 'hood! I have to see if I can get to this thing!

Thanks for the info!
  11. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Night with cast in NJ 40th Anniversary

Not sure if this has been posted here before but my coworker left this info on my desk:

January 30, 2009, Shea Center for the Performing Arts at the William Patterson University campus in Wayne, NJ

A NIGHT OF CELEBRATION AND DISCOVERY WITH THE LEGENDARY CAST (this program is designed for an adult audience) All lectures begin at 7:00 p.m.

For subscriptions and individual tickets call (970) 720-2371 or visit www.wpunj.edu/dls
  12. zns

zns Active Member

I gotta convince my folks to let me go to this event.
  13. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Got my tix! I missed an opportunity seeing Frank Oz in person when I was a Henson intern...I'm NOT going to miss him again
  14. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Yeah, and the release says that it's also going to be a memorial for Richard Hunt, seeing as he grew up in nearby Bergen.

Sounds like a lot of forum members are going to be there - maybe we should show up with nametags with both our real names and screen names?
  15. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I hope to meet Frank Oz too!

I have already met Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Kevin Clash and Fran Brill. :)

I never got to meet Carol Spinney yet either, This is so exiting! Me and the folks are definitely going to this event!
  16. zns

zns Active Member

I have a connetection with Marty Robinson, so I'll have to see if I can get in touch with him at the event.
  17. heralde

Cool, zns, good luck!

I got my ticket, I hope nothing happens in between now and then, hehe. It would be cool to see some forum members!
  18. heralde

Btw, the website does say are not necessarily guaranteed. After ordering, I would email the box office (boxoffice@wpunj.edu) to confirm your ticket orders.
  19. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

We've gotten tickets for my family, and it looks like we got a confirmation e-mail, but I'm thinking about dropping them a line to double-check.
  20. heralde

The number to call for ticket confirmation is 973-720-2371 (Thanks MN!)