1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SST 40th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Uh, I think that might look a little immature and unprofessional. This is a lecture at a college campus for adults. I think going in with "Hello My Name Is.." might be inappropriate.
  2. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

True, true...and I kind of meant the nametags remark as a joke. However, most conventions or lectures I've been to made the attendees wear some kind of tag - either a plain label, or something professional-looking.

But since we've got members of the Muppets showing up, I think that this lecture's going to be a little more laid-back than others in the series. That's just my two cents.
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I wish I could go as well. I'm in PA and that's real close to New Jersey, but since I'm not good with directions I'd need someone to help me with the trasportation. By the way, is this Michael Davis the same as Michael Earl Davis who previously performed Snuffy or is he a different guy altogether?

:super::p:insatiable: Or is he a different guy?

You all probably saw that coming : )
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Sometimes lecture series, at colleges or otherwise, have nametags provided. We'd just have to see what the atmosphere is.
  5. MelissaY1

I just emailed them today to ask about if there will be an opportunity to meet with the guests and get photos. Will let you know and yes I AM confirmed. They are mailing the tix out. woo hoo!
  6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

AWESOME! :) :insatiable:
  7. MelissaY1

Well don't get excited I haven't heard anything back yet :)
  8. ploobis

Sure thing. ;)
  9. MelissaY1

Well here's some disappointing info after I inquired about the possibility of meeting the guest panel:

Hello Melissa,

Thank you so much for your interest in the Distinguished Lecturer Series at William Paterson University. I can’t extend an opportunity for you to meet the cast in January. The reception after the program is only for our VIP guests and Partners of the Series. I am sorry!

I hope you enjoy the program!

Mary
  10. heralde

Aw that's OK, it's good to check at least! Actually I'd forgotten but I think the meeting the guests option is like $500! But maybe we'll be able to ask questions during the panel.
  11. heralde

12. MelissaY1

yeah that's the info, heralde. A bit out of my price range especially lately. I already have to pay for a hotel to stay overnight in the area for this.......
  13. MelissaY1

Yeah we'll see how the night goes. Who knows maybe there will be a brief opportunity....
  14. heralde

Yeah it's best to keep positive. (Sort of makes you grateful for the Paley Center though, right? Hehe)
  15. MelissaY1

Indeed!
  16. heralde

Ok to clarify, the partnership is $1400 at least. If you go to buy tickets, there's a "meet the guest" option that's $500 (which is still probably too much for me, lol).

Oh well, you know, that's life. I'm grateful for what I got, lol.
  17. ploobis

I just got my tickets in the mail today! :)

I can't wait for January 30'th! :insatiable:
  18. heralde

Yay my ticket came! ::relief::
  19. MelissaY1

I received my tix in the mail yesterday as well! Hooray!:)
  20. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

My family and I just got our tickets in the mail last week - see everyone on the 30th!