1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SST 40th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. It's ok. I think driving is going to be our best bet. We're going to be coming in from Manhattan. We actually ended up getting a hotel room in Wayne, NJ as a precaution to the weather as well. I'm sure if it's really horrendous they'll end up canceling the event, but trying to keep positive that all will go smoothly!
  2. Neil565

Neil565 Member

Boy am I glad I Saw this.

Questions since I just ordered my ticket. I think this is the same area we saw Double Dare live in back in the day, heh.

- Are Video Cameras allowed? I've got my Hi-Def Camcorder Sony SR11 ready to go...

- Is it only a discussion, or will there be a picture opportunity/autograph opportunity afterwords?

- Anyone know how long it's going to be?

Thanks!
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Did you get a confirmation email yet? They should have a way to contact the school for questions. Good luck!
  4. Neil565

Neil565 Member

All I've gotten so far is an order Submisison email saying I will get a confirmation soon. They havn't charged my card yet, so here is hoping. Frank Oz Alone could fill up two nights worth of events with stories :).

I also checked the website and some events do say you can bring cameras, but I sent them an email asking just in case... This is exactly where we saw Double Dare live with Marc Summers way back in the early 90's.
  5. MelissaY1

I'm gonna wager they will probably have the standard rules of no video/photography allowed but I'm sure thats' not going to stop people.

As far as photo ops/autographs, I had emailed one of the women in charge of these seminars at the college. She told me the following: Thank you so much for your interest in the Distinguished Lecturer Series at William Paterson University. I can’t extend an opportunity for you to meet the cast in January. The reception after the program is only for our VIP guests and Partners of the Series. I am sorry! I hope you enjoy the program!"

Of course this doesn't mean we as fans can't wait outside or something and try. I know I will be!

As for how long it's going to run, I can't see it going too much longer past 9, 9:30 if it starts at 7 and starts on time.
  6. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I know - my father really wants to bring along his cameras, even though my mother's repeatedly told him that it's unlikely they'll permit photography. He even suggested, since I'm a reporter, that I offer to cover it. But the thing is, Wayne's not on my beat, and I'm pretty sure that The Record or one of the other papers in the group will have someone on it.

But it's true, there is a chance that we can get to say hi or something. And since this one's actually in New Jersey, and since it's also a tribute to Richard Hunt, perhaps there's a chance that Jane Hunt will come by. Who knows?
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I might not be able to go since it so far away from where I'm from. :sympathy:

Still can anyone see if they might have a moment to take any fan questions ?
  8. MelissaY1

Yeah I work for a photography archive in NYC but I have no special press passes or anything from them. All I have is a business card, but I wouldn't want to get my company involved in any way either. I'm not going on business unfortunately...
  9. Neil565

Neil565 Member

Aww man, still no confirmation email. How long did it take for everyone else?

I'm guessing they don't process stuff on the weekends...
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It might be a weekend thing, if nothing comes on Monday, I'd email or call to confirm.
  11. davidmartiste

davidmartiste Member

I never got a confirmation email. I kept checking my bank statement and the charge finally appeared a few days later and then the ticket followed in the mail shortly after. I would think it's more likely that you would get an email quicker if they couldn't fill the order.
  12. Neil565

Neil565 Member

If I don't get a confirmation email by Wensday, I am going to call up and see what's going on.

Heh, did anyone here shell out $500's for the VIP tickets? Even if the money goes to a good cause, I can't imagine that room being very crowded in this economy. It might be well worth waiting for them at the 'stage door' after all :)
  13. MelissaY1

I would've loved to have shelled out the money but unfortunately I have too many expenses lately as it is. Keep in mind the college might still be closed for the holidays. Some colleges don't go back until mid January. I would think something like a box office would be open but ya never know. Definitely call them as soon as possible.
  14. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson New Member

At yesterday's Street Gang book signing in NYC, Michael Davis said he and the panel would be signing after the appearance.

According the flyers he had for the NJ event, those appearing are
    Frank Oz, Kevin Clash, Caroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano, Bob McGrath, Marty Robinson, Fran Brill, David Rudman, composer Tony Geis and Davis, who will be moderating. The evening will also have a tribute to Richard Hunt.

I ordered tickets a few weeks back and didn't hear anything. I called today and they said all the tickets were being mailed this week.

Michael
  15. MelissaY1

MIKE! You have made my day! I was wondering if the panel would be accessible. Even if I don't get pics to get the book signed and shake hands with these people will be a joy!
  16. Neil565

Neil565 Member

YAY! My card got charged for the ticket!

Too bad I have no one to go with, though. And I still haven't found out if I could set up my Camera and tri pod anywhere, though. Pretty historic little moment and would make a great DVD extra somewhere :).
  17. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

WPU just confirmed my purchase went through ad I'll be getting my ticket in the mail this week.

So who all is going? Anyone interested in meeting up?
  18. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson New Member

Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to going. Until I see them setting up to sign, I'll be holding my breath as I'd love to meet Oz especially, but everyone in one place is such a cool thing.

BTW, Davis on NPR Radio today:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://wamu.org/programs/dr/09/01/06.php#23623
    [/FONT]
    Cut and paste and Enjoy!

19. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

It looks like about 18 or 20 people from on the forum are going, at last count, and those are the ones who've posted something here. And sure, it'd be really swell if we all met up at the event.

It's really cool that they'll be doing a signing afterwards; I'll make sure to bring my copy along, and my mother's going to pick one up for herself later this week. (And my dad's probably got his Nikon and gear all lined up, regardless of any photo/video restrictions the university might put in.)
  20. momofdreamer

momofdreamer New Member

Ok so I did it. Even though we live 13 hours away I went ahead and bought tickets for me and my son to attend. I just pray the weather is not that bad. Would not hurt my feelings if they waited til spring...lol. I do have one question? Some of you was saying that you was asked about purchasing tickets for the vip. I did not get that question asked when I submitted the form. I wished really do wished they would allow time for everyone to meet and greet. The way I read it the vip is for the partners to the school. In my opinion is the cast rather be with their true die hard fans instead of alumni from the college (excluding any that are fans).
    I know my husband will kill me but our son will probably never get another chance to meet them all or at least see them.