1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SST 40th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I believe the partnership is $1400 at least. The info was here: http://www.wpunj.edu/dls/Partnership.cfm

When you buy tickets, there's a "meet the guest" option that's $500 (which is still too much for me, lol).
  2. momofdreamer

momofdreamer New Member

I must have missed the meet the guest. It is too much too but I was willing to do it, since I was going to come from so far was going to make the trip worth while.
  3. heralde

Well it does sound like there might be a book signing after the event, so that's a possibility. And at least he'll get to see them at all, that's a rare opportunity in itself. :)
  4. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Will I be disappointed if there's no signing afterwards and/or meet and greet? Absolutely but just to see them onstage (especially Frank Oz who rarely does stuff like this) and hear them share their stories, etc. will be phenomenal. If this is anything like the event they had in Huntington, NY a couple of years back, it'll be well worth it either way.
  5. Neil565

Neil565 Member

It was good on the authors part, but I was afraid the host was going to pass during the interview she sounded so old. She didn't get more than one word out every 10 seconds and it made it very tough to listen too
  6. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

i just moved... so moneys really short on me... i'd love to go but i'd have to go for the day n take a plane... really sucks that i'll miss this once in a life time event :(
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Amen to that my friend, If I wasn't so busy with both work and School I would have loved to go too.

Either way, someone please ask if there is a 40th anniversary special coming on TV this year and if Abby Cadabby is going to be meeting up with other old SS characters like Ernie and Bert ?
  8. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

My mom and I are really excited about this! Don't know where we're seated though; will check the tickets later. And oh yes, I'm counting on meeting at least some of you there! Erin, weren't you and Steve trying to work something out? Also, is your brother coming? If so, that makes the count of confirmed people and their families at least 21. Lol, I thought I was the only person counting names!
    :)
    :batty:

See you there!
  9. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, Steve said he wanted some of the people who were going to e-mail him, and probably set up a time to meet before the event.

And yes, my brother's coming, so that's four in my group. And like I said, we're in row K.
  10. Fragglemuppet

Thanks, I'll do that then. Oh well, we're not too far away from each other. We're in orchestra row J.
    Melissa, what's the name of the hotel you're staying at, where is it, and approximately how expensive is it? Thanks.
    :)
  11. heralde

So are we! Do you know what seats?
  12. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hi! We're staying at the Residence Inn in Wayne, NJ. If you go to Expedia and look it up they have a lot of info there. Starting rates were $119 a night. When I went to look for a place, I just typed in hotels close to the college. That was the first one that came up.

Looks like a nice place.
  13. KerMatttheFrog

KerMatttheFrog New Member

Ordered my tickets last night and got my confirmation today. I don't know my location of seats yet, but my wife & I are going and then meeting in CT with two more friends going.

I can't wait, this is going to be so cool.
  14. Fragglemuppet

Haralde, we're in seats 142 and 143.
    Melissa, is it possible for you to give me the phone number to the hotel, or a link to the page?
  15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I hope everyone will come back with reports of the event! Maybe it can all be compiled later into one nice article and put on MC?
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I really hope I can bump into who ever's going. Maybe take a picture of all of us like MCers together in the real world!
  17. heralde

Yeah it would be like...the Twilight Zone or something, lol.
  18. Fragglemuppet

So Dave and Haralde, what seats are you in? Dave, my mom's really eager to meet the guy that made those great muppet pictures I've got on my wall!
    :D Oh, and if you are able to take a picture, count me in!
  19. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

i'm pretty new here, so i don't know you guys online as well as you all do, but i want to meet everyone, too! it would be nice to talk to people in person about muppets for a change--none of my real world friends or family are muppet fans. i'm probably going with my cousin, so most of my day will probably be more of a girls' night out than a muppet pilgrimage...what about everyone else? are you going with other die-hard fans, or with people who just like you enough to condone your crazy obsessions?
  20. heralde

J 130 & 131, so relatively close!