1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

SST 40th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Oscarfan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Just type it in on Expedia.com it'll come up right away! Or google the Residence Inn in Wayne, NJ
  2. MelissaY1

Yep, I'm the latter. I'm going with my boyfriend who is awesome and loves me enough to drive me to Jersey to see this!:)
  3. MelissaY1

I'm wondering how much socializing is going to be going on after the seminar? I was just thinking it's gonna be great to see everyone but how much time are we all going to really get to talk? Especially if there's the signing afterwards with the author and the guests everyone's gonna be kind of busy. I'm coming in from NYC after a full day of work so probably we're gonna head back to the hotel and grab dinner as soon as possible. Hope to say "Hi" to everyone though
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Are there any good restaurants near WPU? Maybe we should all do dinner before the event!

Edit: I just looked online and found a Friday's in Wanye, NJ (don't ask why Friday's, it's a tradition of sorts at my school to go to Friday's after huge events). Maybe someone should make reservations so we can all do dinner with each other and goof off before the big night! :wisdom:
  5. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

My family and I are in row K, seats 117-120.
  6. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Cool! That's exactly what I was thinking, a meetup in a restaurant before the event! We booked our room, so we were planning on getting there in the afternoon, checking in, and then going to dinner some place. It would be nice if we could arange something!
    :)
  7. MelissaY1

Unfortunately not gonna have time to make dinner I dont' think. We're gonna be coming straight from work in NYC and just want to get down to the college. If anything we're gonna check in our hotel first and drop off our stuff before heading out and eat later on.
  8. I'm at the La Quinta in Wayne. I really hope a group of us can get together during or after the event! My schedule is pretty tight unfortunately. I'm landing in Newark Friday morning, driving to the University for the afternoon session (mainly intended for educators), then the evening's main event. I take off from Newark back to Columbus Saturday afternoon, so there's time for a breakfast meetup too if people are interested in that!
  9. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

ok so i'm stupid. I just found out that New Jersey... is almost 4 hrs away (from Rhode Island)... DRIVING. So its alot cheaper then i thought.

But what happens at a seminar? And how long is it?

Also i'd lie to ask... are any of you bringing a video camera?
  10. Neil565

Neil565 Member

I've been told that somewhere on the ticket, or the ticket mailer it states no video cameras allowed, but just in case, I'm bringing mine anyway. I'm really hopeful I can get Kevin Clash to record a Radio drop for a media acquaintance :)..
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not sure I could meet up anywhere before or after the event, though that would be nice. But I should be able to talk with people at the event itself, providing there is time. :)
  12. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Tight schedule, Haralde?
  13. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

For me, before would be a little iffy, since I tend to get off work around 5 or 5:30 these days.

But, yeah, there should be some time for mingling in the minutes before and after.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly I'm sure I'll be able to do that. ;)
  15. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Anyone know how long the seminar is?

Arguing with the woman to go with me. I really dont wanna drive 4 hrs alone lol. I'd really love to go and meet everyone here and enjoy this once in a lifetime opertunity!
  16. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

i have no idea, but i would guess about 90mins. i've never seen anything of this sort of panel/lecture go past 2 hrs.

but if reduced price tickets would help in the negotiation process...in my mad grab on friday for last minute tickets to the teacher workshop, i ended up buying two extra tickets to the panel & they can't give me my money back. it'd be nicer to recoup a bit of the cost and save another fan some $ in the process than just keep 'em and not use 'em. let me know if you're interested, but no worries if you're not. either way, i hope you can make it to the panel!
  17. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

How reduced are we talking here?
  18. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

well, if you don't take them, i'll get stuck with the full cost--it's not like i know anyone else who wants to go. so really anything helps. how about $40 for the pair? (they're $45 each + $4 processing fee online).
  19. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

hang on to them for me... i'm going to have to do some major suckin up today :)

And thank you for the great offer.
  20. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

they're not going anywhere. good luck with the negotiations...i know how that goes...i didn't even ask my bf, i went for my cousin & billed it as a girls' night out with dinner, but i think i still have some negotiating to do myself on the details... but let us know if you need any suggestions ;) like she gets to pick the music on the way down (aka no mup3s to avoid muppet overload)...