SST 40th Anniversary Event

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That does sound really cool.

For everyone coming in from outside the area, bring your GPS units and Mapquest printouts, because the roads near the university are a little tricky to navigate.

Also, I've been asked to pass this along to anyone who's interested: if anyone's going to be sticking around after the event, my family wouldn't mind treating some people to a post-game snack or something - it depends on what's good in the area and who's interested.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, I've been asked to pass this along to anyone who's interested: if anyone's going to be sticking around after the event, my family wouldn't mind treating some people to a post-game snack or something - it depends on what's good in the area and who's interested.
That's really nice, MN! I know we're staying at a hotel, but I'll see!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
That does sound really cool.

For everyone coming in from outside the area, bring your GPS units and Mapquest printouts, because the roads near the university are a little tricky to navigate.

Aw, that's so nice of you and your family! We're really playing the whole day by ear. Unfortunately last time my boyfriend and I were in NJ his GPS system didn't work properly but I made sure I printed out directions today to the hotel, to the college, etc.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
There's a bunch of pizza places around campus. There's also a Macaroni Grill about 5 miles away. Once again, if anyone wants to, please PM me and I'll give you my cell.

ploobis

Reaction score
I still wonder if Richard Hunt's Mother Jane will be at the event. :wink:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Vic... i sent you a message... once again... my vote is in for a pizza place.

1. there must be one nearby.

2. they'd be cheaper then to go out to a TGI Fridays or Chellos... etc.

And i HOPE to get an answer before Friday because i'm driving and plan to leave early... i've never driven so far... so i plan on getting lost lol.

A show of hands! Who is interested in the meet up BEFORE the event?

the people i (know and assume) are:

Myself
Vic Romano
MelissaY1

and i'm hoping Street Scenes... since i need to find you someway b4 the show lol

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Vic... i sent you a message... once again... my vote is in for a pizza place.

1. there must be one nearby.

2. they'd be cheaper then to go out to a TGI Fridays or Chellos... etc.

And i HOPE to get an answer before Friday because i'm driving and plan to leave early... i've never driven so far... so i plan on getting lost lol.

A show of hands! Who is interested in the meet up BEFORE the event?

the people i (know and assume) are:

Myself
Vic Romano
MelissaY1

and i'm hoping Street Scenes... since i need to find you someway b4 the show lol
I'm not sure what time we're going to get there myself. Boyfriend and I are going to be on our way from NYC around 3:30 or so. We hope to get there within a reasonable amount of time. So I'm not sure if we're going to be able to make a proper meet up before the seminar. But hope we at least get to say "Hi" to everyone afterwards..Thanks!

StreetScenes

Reaction score
don't worry cookie, you have my number, we'll find each other before the event, even if i don't make it out to pizza or whatever. i'm going to the teacher workshop in the afternoon (so steve, i'll see you there) which comes with dinner at the dining hall. which is convenient, but it might be inedible, so we'll see. but i want to make sure i meet up with everybody sometime before the event, so can i PM anyone to trade numbers?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Heres a scary story... this trip is already turning out to be an adventure for me...

Last night i lost my belt in my car. Well its there but no good. So, here i'm thinkin i'm screwed... well i got a rental reserved... so i'll be there lol.

I'm leaving RI around noon. I should get there 4pmish. I know i'll be early... but i entend on getting lost, as mentioned lol... I have NO CLUE on what i'll do being that early... so as soon as anyone wants to meet... that'd be cool for me.

Vic... whats your plan for meeting up? And for those who are meeting up... did anyone else object to a pizza place?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
There is a pizza place near the main gate. It's called Bruno's Pizza, I think, and it's on the corner of Pompton and some other street - I'd have to look at the map again. But my family and I are going there for dinner beforehand, so if people want to meet up there, that's cool.

There was a really nice column in the Record today:

http://www.northjersey.com/opinion/moreviews/On_the_street_where_we_lived.html