Star Trek

Beauregard

Reaction score
Going back:

Wesley had a lot larger part in Nem. but was cut. He might have explained why he was there in that. I don't know.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I was referring to the Klingons in Enterprsise, not DS9. Remember, Enterprise takes place thirty years before Kirk & crew.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
I was referring to the Klingons in Enterprsise, not DS9. Remember, Enterprise takes place thirty years before Kirk & crew.
Well, you just have to use your head and think of a decent excuse.

The real reason they didn't go back to the ridge-less look is because they felt it looked stupid, and make-up techniques have improved drastically.

Besides, the Original Series Klingons were supposed to have the ridged foreheads, there just wasn't enough money in the show's budget. So, if you'll look closely to pictures of the original Klingons, you CAN see small ridges painted on. It's not very obvious, but they're there on some of the Klingons.

As far as timeline's concerned, there are a lot of explanations that can be used:

The Klingons from The Original Series absolutely hated humans. They may have surgically-altered their appearance for the purposes of espionage.

In the Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribblations", Odo exclaims "Those are Klingons?" (refering to the ridge-less Klingons). Worf states "We don't like to talk about it." This could indicate that something happened to the Klingons during that period that changed their appearance.

Or, my explanation. The Klingons offended Q, and so cursed them with a temporary change.

Whatever you pick, there you go...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the klingon forehead problem could have been that something sort of mutation happened during kirks time making klingon ridges go away and then some how reappear by the first star trek movie. that's how i look at it.

ryan

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Cinescape broke a story this week that Paramount is fed up with Trek's poor performance in recent years and they're looking to make heads roll - specifically Rick Berman's. It's just a rumour, but I can't believe Paramount's management will sit back and let the whole franchise go down the tubes and not make the senior production people be accountable.

The full report is available at http://www.cinescape.com/0/editoria...tion=page&type_id=&cat_id=270355&obj_id=40707

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
could this be the end of startrek? will archer and company continue for another season? will we ever see people going to the bathrooms in a startrek series? find out and stay tuned for more gossip here on muppet central!

ryan