1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Frogster, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, I like to think they are more than just socks, they do have a lot of character by themselves, but you are right, they do need good writers...
    Maybe someday I might be good enough to become a writer for them, but I have no idea where to start...:sympathy:

2. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Those were Jerry Juhl's words, not mine. I get you, though.

We just need some good Muppet writers working with the Disney crew working with the Muppeteers. Good cooperation can help the Muppets out a lot.

(Singing--"Cooperation makes it happen...cooperation, workin' together!...dig it!")

Convincing John

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

There is one Muppet writer that i really belive wants the Muppets to be back to the way they where. That man is Jim Lewis, and I think we can see his thinking of how the Muppets should be playing out in the muppets.com website and on youtube. Studio DC was not wrote by Jim, but it was co produced by him and Kert Thatcher.

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I've noticed that trend too. It's like affecting the over all tone of everything Disney now days. And it's in all their divisions.

Naaaah! I think they should use all new people for something like that. They could make more of a gold mind then the one they already have if thee was a new MMC seeing what happened to the stars of the last one.

5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Take it easy. XD It was a mere suggestion. ^_^

6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Kirk Thatcher* :halo:

And CJ, quite honestly I agree with everything you've said. I'm glad you brought out that Jerry Juhl quote.

And Dwayne, I also agree with you. Jim Lewis does have a good grasp on things, but it takes a talented team of writers--not just one man (no matter how good he may be) to really make things work--especially if we're wanting a new TV series. One writer can't handle the whole run of the show on his own.

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks for corecting me on that, I don't know how many times i have goten his name wrong.

I also think your right about needing more then one writer, but if I had my pick I would put Thatcher as the dierctor and Someone else help with the writeing. Maybe Joey Mansino and i know i got his name wrong.

8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

But serously! I've been thinking about this for quite a while now! And it' so true! They could easily put a new Mouse Club on TV.

9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Mark Evanier almost pulled it off, but I get what you mean.

10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And before airing it, they could air reruns of the classic ones that've came before! Add in Zorro and we have two-thirds of Vault Disney back!

11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The best way for the Muppets to come back would be for the performers to get back into their groove & for someone to step up as the next Jerry Juhl and hire a crackerjack team of competant writers that could bring back that Muppet magic that Henson knew all too well.

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

When did Mark write for the Muppets? All I know is he wrote Mother Goose and Grimm and Garfield's Saturday morning cartoon shows.

13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Everything Prawnie said is awesome.

14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hello. Thought that it would serve everybody better to have the discussion on this topic centralized into one single thread. Hope that's okay and please continue the conversation.

*Disappears back into the shadows.

15. theprawncracker

...What? How can you merge these two threads? They're two vastly different opinions that I feel should stay seperated. Sorry, can't agree with your decision to merge this one, Ed. :smirk:

16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's a good point. On the other hand, debating sometimes bring more opportunity for conversation than just agreeing. :)

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I kinda agree with you there. There was a sort of - point/counter-point thing going on initially that gets lost in this merging.

18. theprawncracker

Agreed. A lot of the responses no longer made sense because they say, "I agree with everything you said." How can we be sure which you their talking about?

19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's very true about continuity. But I personally like polite debating on the board on the same thread. Sometimes just agreeing can get boring (and I mean threads I'm on too hehe)

20. theprawncracker

I just don't see why the debating can't be polite in seperate threads... if I had intended my post to be a direct response to Frogster's I would've posted it in his thread--but I didn't, because I wanted it to be a place for people to share their agreeing opinions, and I think that's what Frogster wanted too. I feel like merging these threads could incite some fights over disagreeing opinions--and no one wants that.