1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Frogster, Aug 11, 2008.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

No I understand, it is a possibility. I guess I just fell sad that they need to be separate at all to ward against that.

But I understand how you started the thread and that wasn't what you intended.

2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It is a little confusing to read through it now. It does seem like it could cause more of an argument with the two threads combined, though I think we're kind of past that at this point. I don't think a heated arguement is likely anymore.

Besides, I was purposefully trying to avoid posting in Frogster's original thread. I felt the original post was a little insulting, implying that my taste in entertainment was poor simply because I like modern Muppet productions. I am glad he expressed his opinion, a healthy, peaceful argument is okay every now and again, but that was my initial feeling about the thread... which is also why I was glad theprawncracker posted a seperate thread. It allowed me to express my opinion openly, without feeling like I was trying to cause problems.

I see how combining the threads makes sense, but it is a little confusing. I have to agree with prawnie:

3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Merging=not good to me :(. I think that two different povs should not be forced together until they decide to talk for themselves..Peace is nice, but to be long lasting, it can't be forced IMHO :p

4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Thanks Jamie, Redsonga, and Super Scoot.

5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Uh yeah, I was just about to make a post asking where Prawnie's thread went, but I found it, in here. :/ Ed, I think that Prawnie's more than proven that he has judgement enough to tell whether or not a post is appropriate in it's own thread or not, and I don't appreciate how you're messing with the conversation and the intention of these threads.

I'm gonna be honest and say that this sort of thing was what I was referring to in my "Censorship" thread...

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Can it even be undone?

I propose we go back to 2 threads.
    -State of the Muppets: Bleak (by frogster)
    -State of the Muppets: Good (by theprawncracker)
    This gives both threads distinct differences from the titles that reflect the content.

Prawnie - if you started your own thread again you'd have my support. Count does a great job, but I don't think he intended this confusion. :batty:

7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I was purposely keeping quiet on both of these threads, but I have to be honest; I don't understand why either thread was even created in the first place because they're both set off from the Studio DC thread. Personally I think all of this should have stayed in that thread. Just my opinion.

8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I was getting of topic and referring to Garfield and Friends to make a point.:smirk:

9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I dunno? It's a pretty big vault.

I could not agree with you more!

10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I agree with Vic, the two threads are about the same topic of a thread that has already been posted and I'm considering merging the threads there.

Furthermore, I canNOT understand why, on a Muppets Fan Forum, there would ever be any arguing or angry posts? It's just silly. Yes, we're all fans and passionate about what we are fans of; but, when did all the fans lose sight that we're here to celebrate Jim Henson's legacy and that makes us like a family?

Sure, families have disputes, but there are diplomatic ways to solve those disputes without being snide, snippy, or flaming or having arguments.

Officially asking: Please stop discussing how arguments could begin, stay on topic, and share opinions diplomatically.

From the RULES:
    Also posted in the rules:

C'mon, gang...why is that so hard to do? Alternating views are welcome, and it can be done positively with good effect.

11. theprawncracker

I'm sincerely sorry about any trouble I've caused--it was not at all my intention to start a fight or argument. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I said what I said in my original post, but I guess I should've put more thought into where I posted it. Please know I'd never try to intentionally pick a fight with anyone here, I was just trying to express my opinion as well, and I see now that it could've been done more tactfully. Sorry again, to everyone.

Back on topic... I really don't think saying Studio DC is the only thing you can judge the current state of the Muppets on is right. At all. The YouTube videos and Muppets.com are both huge projects that are leagues better than Studio DC (and also aimed at a completely different audience). I think these two things also should be taken into account--and totally prove--that the Muppets are doing well currently.

12. Fozzie Bear

The youtube videos and Muppets.com videos are AWESOME! I love those, and could watch 30 minute episodes of stuff like that weekly!

*hint hint, nudge nudge, Disney!* :)

13. theprawncracker

Oh definitely! I think a show combining the Muppets.com stuff and the wacky YouTube musical numbers could be just awesome. Just have a show with a ton of little sketches, I think that would be great stuff. Everyone I've showed both the YouTube videos and Muppets.com stuff have loved them both. I think it could work.

14. Fozzie Bear

I know all my friends would gather to watch it. Even all the way back when ABC was showing Muppets Tonight! my college buds and I would get some pizza and just laugh and laugh. We were so disappointed when we gathered one night and "Boy Meets World" came on instead.

Maybe they could try a format with the little sketches like these in between a story line for each episode--the way Sesame Street used to do things: story line, with 'commercials' between the story line. It would be variety TV like in the good ol' days!

15. theprawncracker

From "Fozzie!" to "Feeny!" ...That would be incredibly disappointing. ;)

Hmm... I do definitely think that would be a good way to do it. But... where would they put the actual commercials? :p It works/worked for Sesame Street 'cause PBS had no actual commercials during the show. I don't know how well that would work if actual commercials aired after fake ones.

16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I never have seen Muppets Tonight or Studio DC yet to be honest :(

17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

While I can understand how this would be disappointing, I would like to point out that Mr. Feeny is, indeed, 'the bomb'.

18. theprawncracker

Oh indeed, I love Mr. Feeny. But I'd be disappointed in the sudden disapperance of Fozzie. :o Though if Mr. Feeny said, "Wocka! Wocka!" it might make up for it slightly. ;)

Even though Fozzie was only in, like, one episode of Muppets Tonight. :p

19. Fozzie Bear

Redsonga, if I had 2 VCR's I'd tell you send me a postage paid envelope and I'd copy some video tapes I have of Muppets Tonight. I haven't seen Studio DC yet, either. Which is why I can't knock it.

I guess what I mean for the show would be a story-line with all the fun sketches we see on youtube and Muppets.com thrown in there. For actual commercials, they can leave those out for my part! :) But, we have to have 'em.

20. theprawncracker

Haha yes I could indeed see that working well. I think it would be cool if the story line didn't have the characters featured in the sketches--like... if Gonzo presented "Classical Chicken" in one of the sketches, I wouldn't want to see him in the story line. I think that would be kind of awkward, but that's just me.

Awww... do we have to? ;)