1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Statler and Waldorf Ornament at Hallmark

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheJimHensonHour, Nov 17, 2008.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

They're comments from the show, though insulting the tree would be cool! :sleep::boo:
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Technically I think it's recordings of Steve and Dave made for this or other products. I hope they say more than one phrase, but the sculpture is beautiful.
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Is it definitely Steve and Dave? I thought it was the original voices from the sound of it. And they were using dialogue that was on the Muppet Show. Hmm
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

It sounds like them to me, but I could be wrong. Hearing it over my laptop sounds like new cast.
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I check it every single time. It is the original dialogue. I swear I've heard them say half that stuff the thing says before. Thing sounds much clearer in person, i guess. (and yes, if they insulted the tree, mundo laugh riot).

I wonder who they got to do the Looney Tunes ornaments, though. I can REALLY tell that Tweety and Daffy were not voiced by Joe Alasky (the semi-official for both characters, for that matter, Taz wasn't Jim Cummings either), and they are far from old recordings.
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

S&W dialogue is Steve and Dave on the hallmark site..when u buy the ornament its Jim and Richards S&W recordings from TMS :)
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Heh, ok that's weird. You're right, on the site it's definitely Steve and Dave. I'm going to check the ornament in the store again.

No offence at all to Steve and Dave, but I would have preferred the original voices. I mean last year's ornament with Piggy and Kermit was from the original Muppet Movie.
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm with you there and I don't think the new performers would be offended. I prefer they use original recordings for such product soundbites. I can see why they don't, but Disney has to consider a person that the average person that would buy this Statler and Waldorf ornament would be used to the classic voices. I'm glad they used them. :)
  9. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I got one of these in Hallmark shop near Century 21 in NYC, I got the last one and was surprised they still had it after reports on here that they were sold out.

Just got home to the UK and put in the batteries and it doesnt work?

Hopefully its faulty batteries, I'll try and get it to work.

At least I managed to find one!

Its interesting, after the years that Disny have owned the Muppets, this ornament still has the Jim Hensons Muppets logo and the Jim Henson Company Copyright, no mention of Muppets holding Company!

Chris
  10. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Hey Chris,

Did you enjoy New York? Hope you had a great time - I went last year and cannot wait for a return visit!

I have asked for the Statler & Waldorf Ornament for Christmas off the Missus - I'm not holding much hope as she cannot stand shopping on the net!

Glad to see you back on the forum
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Good news and bad news... I can safely say why it's going for scalper prices online, and because it is selling out left and right (which is why I couldn't check to see if the ornament used archival recordings). That said, if it does sell out, the good news is that they could just as well make more Muppet ornaments just like it in the future.

And I really hope so... a Talking Chef one would be amazing.
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

BUMP... It is indeed, Richard and Jim as their respective characters, in case no one has already got it. In fact, it even has the "Stuio audience" laugh still in tact with the recordings.
  13. daniel4ever New Member

ornament has no sound

Hi Everyone! I am new here. I purchased this ornament back when it first premiered, but did not open it until last Sunday, and discovered the sound does not work.

Of course, the store had none to exchange it with, and offered to give me a refund, but it is so adorable, I decided to keep it.

I am wondering, though, if any of you know of places that might repair non-functioning ornaments? Or, if any of you have any tips for opening it without destroying it?

If not, it still looks great on the tree.....

TIA for any help!
  14. CaptainYoda New Member

I recieved this ornament as a Christmas gift and it is very cool. Glad I didnt miss out on this one!
  15. MuppetsRule Active Member

My ornament didn't work properly at first either. I had to carefully bend the springs for the batteries. Eventually it worked.
  16. unclematt Active Member

I couldnt get it anywhere. I am going to have to get it on e-bay
  17. Davina Member

i generally have the same problem.. the nearest hallmark store is about 50 miles away, so i don't get that way very often, and usually when i do they don't have the muppet ornament anyway so i don't get most of them.. wish we could order them online...
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

As I said... it sold out in a relatively brief period of time. I almost didn't get it. It's a shame, but a very good sign more will come. I like the idea of Muppet scene ornaments more than Piggy and Kermit skating and stuff like that. I hope this will get them to release more scene style Muppet ornaments...
  19. unclematt Active Member

I will take any ornament any way I can get it. If it Kermit and Piggy skating or Rizzo and Gonzo lighting a lamp. As long as they continue to make them and I know they still have some kind of pop culture importance. That is what is important to me.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd buy any of them too... though, uh... I am missing the one where he actually was skatin' with Piggy... and I never did get around to getting the "American Greetings" Animal one.... and I didn't like the AG Kermit and Piggy heart shaped one.

I think that we may see another/more Muppet ornament(s) this coming year... seems like there's been a change in licensing for the Muppets and The Simpsons, going from American Greetings to Hallmark. Halmark had a Simpsons sound/scene ornament, but AG had a Homer and a Bart this year.