Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just watched it--hard to get online, because I'm out of town, but it was worth it. Wow, Bill's Chef was terrific! That whole bit cracked me up--it felt so classic!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I liked the "Deuce Bigalo - Straight to Video" gag, but all in all, the jokes are hit or miss, mostly miss, but more tolerable this week.

The Chef was pretty good at first, but I agree with MWoO (for once :rolleyes: ) that it seemed to repeat the same words. That sketch was too long, and I was a little embarassed when he couldn't het his finger in his mouth.

On a positive note, I feel they're getting better. The special guest Muppets are the best part, I always get excited to see the classic characters (MORE ROWLF!!! :sympathy: ) Any idea if any regulars will show up? Either way, I'm glad they have an outlet, I'll keep watching them. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The Chef was pretty good at first, but I agree with MWoO (for once :rolleyes: ) that it seemed to repeat the same words. That sketch was too long, and I was a little embarassed when he couldn't het his finger in his mouth.

:smile:

Yeah, i actually thought that was hilarious. I was like "Oh my God! The chef is an idiot!" Actually reminded me of the Whose Line Is It Anyway game called "helping hands". They actually did do one like this where Ryan was supposed to be a baker and he looked a lot like the Swedish Chef, especially with Colins hands.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I love these bi-weekly Statler and Waldorf segments. It's like the best laugh I get all week (or would that be every two weeks? lol). Swedish Chef was great but when he couldn't get his finger in his mouth reminded of the first Ninja Turtles movie when Donatello poked his face with a popsicle stick a couple times before getting it in his mouth lol.

The music that played during the Chef's segment seemed really classic to me.

BEAR

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I love these bi-weekly Statler and Waldorf segments. It's like the best laugh I get all week (or would that be every two weeks? lol). Swedish Chef was great but when he couldn't get his finger in his mouth reminded of the first Ninja Turtles movie when Donatello poked his face with a popsicle stick a couple times before getting it in his mouth lol.

The music that played during the Chef's segment seemed really classic to me.

Yeah it was nice they put the Chef in his classic setting, with the music and everything.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed every bit of if. Great to see the Chef back. Go Chef! I hope they can get Link in there. I would love to see Link, Dr. Teeth, Floyd or the whole EMB. That would be cool.

beaker

Reaction score
My goodness, these keep getting more edgy and random...I LOVE IT!
Maybe Disney is taking a cue from Wonder Showzen?

I mean references to illegal mexican drug smuggling, bashing Nascar/confederate flag culture...and Swedish Chef pulling out aframed mugshot of OJ Simpson?
That was completely out of leftfield. I can't wait to see how insane they go with these things.

I thought Swedish Chef was spot on, 100%. Tho I noticed they took down the bonus clip with pepe, no doubt due to all the adult film references:smile:
Keep em coming Disney! Ya just may redeem yourself^^

MWoO

Reaction score
After ewatching the Chef clip again, and this time knowing what it was about, it wasn't that bad. I liked the OJ Simpson reference. Bill and who ever did the hands could use some practice though. The hands are a big part of the performance and the two performers have to be co-ordinated.

That being said, I think there is a reason Statler and Waldorf don't get many lines in productions. They can get old fast. I can not wait until they go back to heckling once in awhile.

I really hope we get a another performer doing the middle segment next week. Not that I don't love Bill's performance, I just want to see some other unused characters take the spot light. Well, maybe another can take the spot light after Bobo. I love Bobo.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm dissapointed they took down Pepe's clip. I loved the spots he was doing, I thought it was so out there are really funny. I sent in feedback asking, "Why no more Pepe for DVD reviews?"

beaker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I'm dissapointed they took down Pepe's clip. I loved the spots he was doing, I thought it was so out there are really funny. I sent in feedback asking, "Why no more Pepe for DVD reviews?"

I guess some mortified parents complained. Did anyone video capture th ebonus clips? I still can't figure out how to do that. At any rate, it's amazing how there are still people out there who have no clue that the Muppets transcent G rated material, and can be seen on whole different plains of ideas and humor.